here is the deal:
i have moto X from CLARO (Colombia), on KK 4.4.2 (t-mobile firmware - SO NOT STOCK CLARO FIRMWARE)) , unlocked bootloader, rooted (soon with a non stock kernel). today i got in the mail a new 4g sim card (yay!!! 4g finally came to colombia what evs...). THE PROBLEM IS THE SIM CARD IS NOT ACTIVATED YET, see, along with the sim card i got instructions detailing how i should go about activating the sim card, which basically goes something like this:
1. dial *611# (USSD code), press send and wait for the options to appear.
2. in the options menu, dial the number 9, which should say "Sim 4g" and press send.
3. next the system will prompt you to enter the serial number of you new 4g sim card.
4.type in the 17 digit number of your sim card that's located in the bar code (this is on the plastic card that the sim card came in) and press send.
5. a message will appear telling you that the change has been done successfully, wait a couple of minutes until you have no signal on your current sim card and the switch to your 4g sim card.
ACTUALLY THE REAL PROBLEM IS!: whenever i dial *611# i dont get the 4g option, my theory i that because i am not on claro's firmware i dont get that option (but i do get all other options), or it has something to do with kit kat?.
i guess my question would be:
- is there a way to activate a sim card that doesnt involve taking it in to my service provider? (considering i have an unlocked phone i no longer have warranty)
- has anyone anywhere gone trough something similar?
-any ideas on a possible solution?