Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Bluetooth pairing problem with car

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By ghstudio, Member on 16th March 2014, 11:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My moto-x Verizon DE with 4.2.2 installed connects to my Mercedes fine and the phonebook is loaded. Then, at random times, it disconnects and reconnects. This can be during a call. I have no clue what is making it drop. This has happened since I received the phone with 4.0 and it's getting frustrating.

I would love a solution....

17th March 2014, 06:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstudio

My moto-x Verizon DE with 4.2.2 installed connects to my Mercedes fine and the phonebook is loaded. Then, at random times, it disconnects and reconnects. This can be during a call. I have no clue what is making it drop. This has happened since I received the phone with 4.0 and it's getting frustrating.

I would love a solution....

4.2.2? Or 4.4.2? If you haven't upgraded yet, you are missing out on a world of goodness.

If you are 4.4.2, I have no clue why you have issues, as 4.4+ cleared all my issues with Bluetooth. Good luck!

Kenichi
17th March 2014, 07:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I have had mine disconnect once or twice when i had a lot of apps running.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2014, 03:41 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenichi

4.2.2? Or 4.4.2? If you haven't upgraded yet, you are missing out on a world of goodness.

If you are 4.4.2, I have no clue why you have issues, as 4.4+ cleared all my issues with Bluetooth. Good luck!

Kenichi

fingers typed the wrong version. I do have 4.4.2 running.

It may be some interaction between programs...for example, I wear a pebble watch (bluetooth) and a host of other programs that probably do on-line updates during the day. If it's interaction, it's going to be hard to find the culprit.....
17th March 2014, 10:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstudio

fingers typed the wrong version. I do have 4.4.2 running.

It may be some interaction between programs...for example, I wear a pebble watch (bluetooth) and a host of other programs that probably do on-line updates during the day. If it's interaction, it's going to be hard to find the culprit.....

A lot of people reported BT issues with car systems after 4.4 and 4.4.2 upgrades not only on Moto X but also on other phones. Apparently something was changed in BT implementation in these versions. I am on 4.2.2, it is perfectly compatible with my car, so I am never upgrading because downgrade from 4.4.2 back to 4.2.2 is not possible for Moto X.
17th March 2014, 10:45 PM |#6  
Flag MSP
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
Mine does the same thing in my Chevy Cobalt. I see it flashing "Bluetooth connected" on my radio screen periodically when I'm driving. Sometimes if I get a phone call it won't be connected right away, so I have to answer the phone with the handset, and after a few seconds Bluetooth picks up.

It also doesn't auto connect to a A2DP bluetooth adapter that I have in my car for streaming music. I have to either connect manually, or use an app to connect once it connects to my car radio deck.

I'm rooted on 4.4. Just bought an unlock code, and will be bumping up to 4.4.2, hoping that makes it a little more reliable...
18th March 2014, 12:09 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007

A lot of people reported BT issues with car systems after 4.4 and 4.4.2 upgrades not only on Moto X but also on other phones. Apparently something was changed in BT implementation in these versions. I am on 4.2.2, it is perfectly compatible with my car, so I am never upgrading because downgrade from 4.4.2 back to 4.2.2 is not possible for Moto X.

If you move to 4.4 it'll be fine. 4.4.2 will change your bootloader however.

Kenichi
18th March 2014, 02:35 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenichi

If you move to 4.4 it'll be fine. 4.4.2 will change your bootloader however.

Kenichi

4.4.2 does NOT solve the problem
The Following User Says Thank You to ghstudio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghstudio Ad-Free
18th March 2014, 05:00 PM |#9  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 115

More
The Bluetooth stack was changed in 4.4 making it unreliable. I had to downgrade to 4.2.2 because I rely on Bluetooth. On 4.4 the switch off between voice calls and music rarely ever works and you have to toggle Bluetooth off and on to get it working again.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 05:46 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Completely stock here with 4.4.2 and my bluetooth works perfect in my 13 Elantra. No issues at all with disconnecting.
28th March 2014, 07:59 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
I would really like to understand why my phone audio breaks up when connected to my car....and why it drops the connectivity and automatically re-establishes the connectivity at random times. At this point, I've just disconnected my phone from the car, but that's not a solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth car dropout

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)