Bootloader unlock warranty

Search This thread

needleyepoke

May 3, 2010
Loveland,Co
Google Pixel 7 Pro
In one of the forums here (I couldn't find it or would had posted there) people were wondering what phones you could unlock the bootloader on. Well I have a developers edition and my wife has a GMS unlocked with wood back, white front with purple accents, anyway our service provider is AT&T but because we have a business account AT&T wouldn't let her design hers (only could have the black or white one) if she used an upgrade. Well hers I checked on Motorola's website just to see if her bootloader could be unlocked and sure enough it can. Both of our phones we purchased Motorola's insurance and cancelled AT&T's. We called Motorola and verified that if we unlocked hers it would void. I'm glad I purchased the developers edition. When she ordered hers the wood was an extra $100 the very next day they went down to $25. Well the Motorola representative was going to just send a back and the removal tool but my wife told them her purple buttons were silver but the accent around the camera was purple (actually the volume and power was she just had the case on Lmao). She orders one with the wood back and sends the other back. I figure hey since they were going to send my wife the back and the tool I would call and try to just order a back. They will allow any Moto maker phone do it but a developer phone can not even if you send to them. Their reasoning was it makes it easier for the techs to distinguish between phones when they have to work on them..........I really hope their tech's ain't that stupid. Lmao

Sent from my XT1053 Developer's Edition Stock with Xposed using xda app-developers app

morreale

Jan 3, 2012
In one of the forums here (I couldn't find it or would had posted there) people were wondering what phones you could unlock the bootloader on. Well I have a developers edition and my wife has a GMS unlocked with wood back, white front with purple accents, anyway our service provider is AT&T but because we have a business account AT&T wouldn't let her design hers (only could have the black or white one) if she used an upgrade. Well hers I checked on Motorola's website just to see if her bootloader could be unlocked and sure enough it can. Both of our phones we purchased Motorola's insurance and cancelled AT&T's. We called Motorola and verified that if we unlocked hers it would void. I'm glad I purchased the developers edition. When she ordered hers the wood was an extra $100 the very next day they went down to $25. Well the Motorola representative was going to just send a back and the removal tool but my wife told them her purple buttons were silver but the accent around the camera was purple (actually the volume and power was she just had the case on Lmao). She orders one with the wood back and sends the other back. I figure hey since they were going to send my wife the back and the tool I would call and try to just order a back. They will allow any Moto maker phone do it but a developer phone can not even if you send to them. Their reasoning was it makes it easier for the techs to distinguish between phones when they have to work on them..........I really hope their tech's ain't that stupid. Lmao

Sent from my XT1053 Developer's Edition Stock with Xposed using xda app-developers app

i jsut got the xt1053 also which root method did you use?