FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Moto X (2013) Stuck in FastBoot

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By SantiagoEB24, Junior Member on 2nd August 2017, 01:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, I've looked around for answers, and I seem to find the same solution everywhere, which is OK. It just doesn't work for me.

Here's the drill. My Moto X was sitting in a drawer for a year or two. I took it out a while ago to update it and see how 5.1 worked on it. I put it back in the drawer as an emergency phone. Last weekend I took it out, to find that it's stuck in Fastboot. the up volume key scrolls, and down volume key does nothing (originally down scrolls, up chooses) and the power button reboots.

Long story short, I was able to get my computer to recognize my phone (tried for hours until I realized it was the cable, use the right cable and voila!) I unlocked the bootloader via Motorola, and after hours of trying was able to flash everything I thought was necessary (boot, recovery, motoboot, system, and so on). However, in every thread and video, the "fastboot reboot" command makes the phone reboot into the actual OS, whereas mine just keeps rebooting into fastboot, regardless of what I flash.

I don't notice anything off, so hence why I recur to everyone in here to give me some advice on what I could be doing wrong. I've downloaded stock roms so far. I get a partition error with .zip files so always have to flash the images individually.

Please let me know if I'm missing any details, and/or what other information I should provide.

Thank you!!

30th September 2017, 06:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantiagoEB24

First of all, I've looked around for answers, and I seem to find the same solution everywhere, which is OK. It just doesn't work for me.

Here's the drill. My Moto X was sitting in a drawer for a year or two. I took it out a while ago to update it and see how 5.1 worked on it. I put it back in the drawer as an emergency phone. Last weekend I took it out, to find that it's stuck in Fastboot. the up volume key scrolls, and down volume key does nothing (originally down scrolls, up chooses) and the power button reboots.

Long story short, I was able to get my computer to recognize my phone (tried for hours until I realized it was the cable, use the right cable and voila!) I unlocked the bootloader via Motorola, and after hours of trying was able to flash everything I thought was necessary (boot, recovery, motoboot, system, and so on). However, in every thread and video, the "fastboot reboot" command makes the phone reboot into the actual OS, whereas mine just keeps rebooting into fastboot, regardless of what I flash.

I don't notice anything off, so hence why I recur to everyone in here to give me some advice on what I could be doing wrong. I've downloaded stock roms so far. I get a partition error with .zip files so always have to flash the images individually.

Please let me know if I'm missing any details, and/or what other information I should provide.

Thank you!!

Flash system.img and boot.img then flash twrp.img and boot into twrp and flash your stock ROM for your device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)