FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How do I unroot and relock bootloader on VZW Developer Edition Moto X?

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By tonyf7, Member on 14th December 2013, 04:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
How do I unroot and relock bootloader on VZW Developer Edition Moto X? This is what I know from my own research so far.

1. Mototola has released stock images which can be requested here.

That's about all I know...

Ideally I'd like a tutorial or video for doing this. Motorola says on their website that "You must use the Motorola fastboot utility to flash (included in the Darwin/, Linux/ or Windows/ directory). Please do NOT use the Android fastboot utility."

I have no idea what the Motorola Fastboot Utility is or how to get/access it.

Any help or guidance is GREATLY appreciated.

The reason I want to unroot and relock is because everytime I try to use Google Voice commands on my X, it says that the microphone doesn't work.

14th December 2013, 04:58 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,188

Donate to Me
More
You need to download the GSM developer image to get Moto's fastboot. As far as going back to stock and relocking, follow their instructions for flashing the stock package, the run fastboot oem lock after you're done. Really, other than getting/using fastboot, Motorola lays it out step by step.

Sent from my Moto X DE
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imnuts Ad-Free
14th December 2013, 05:04 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

You need to download the GSM developer image to get Moto's fastboot. As far as going back to stock and relocking, follow their instructions for flashing the stock package, the run fastboot oem lock after you're done. Really, other than getting/using fastboot, Motorola lays it out step by step.

Sent from my Moto X DE

Awesome. I just found the image for the VZW X. Does anyone have a dropbox download for the GSM image so I can pull the Moto fastboot?
14th December 2013, 05:53 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

Sent from my Moto X DE

I downloads the SDK from Motorola's site and found what seems to be the Moto Fastboot. Its called "fastboot.exe". The problem is that when I double click to open it, it pops oup for a split second and then shuts down. Cant keep it open. Any ideas?
14th December 2013, 12:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyf7

I downloads the SDK from Motorola's site and found what seems to be the Moto Fastboot. Its called "fastboot.exe". The problem is that when I double click to open it, it pops oup for a split second and then shuts down. Cant keep it open. Any ideas?

Dude, it's a command line utility, you need to run it from cmd. The Android SDK doesn't containg the Moto fastboot, it contains the Android fastboot.

You can download the Moto fastboot from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyqjzpjgamrepf1/fastboot.exe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, developer edition, moto x, relock, unroot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)