FORUMS

[Q] Lollipop Restarting & Optimizing Apps Randomly

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By pasta1234, Senior Member on 24th June 2015, 09:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All,

I received the Lollipop OTA about a week ago and since then my phone has been randomly restarting on its own and then proceeding to perform some sort of process once it starts.

It says something along the lines of "Optimizing Apps 1of 119" and this process takes a while. I have tried clearing the cache but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas of whats happening, solutions ?

Thanks,
Pete
25th June 2015, 05:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can confirm the problem. Having the same issue where apps are optimized on every power on.
25th June 2015, 08:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
When my nexus 7 updated to 5.0 it did this a few times. Then mysteriously stopped doing it after a week or two.
26th June 2015, 01:33 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 557

More
Whenever Android boots and starts with "Optimizing App # of #" it usually means your ART cache got wiped for whatever reason (corrupted maybe). This is the same effect as if you wiped the caches in TWRP. It takes a long time because ART caches are substantially larger than Dalvik caches.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saythis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saythis Ad-Free
26th June 2015, 11:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Try to plug the cable off before turning on the phone. Looks like a serious bug but that helped in my case.
26th June 2015, 06:47 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I performed a factory reset last night seems to be much better so far, I will report if the issue starts up again !!

Pete
27th June 2015, 12:48 AM |#7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Which lollipop update did u do, i mean the brazil retail one or the europe one??
Cos i faced this issue a lot in brazil retail update, yet to try europe update....
27th June 2015, 12:58 AM |#8  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4

More
had the GB OTA update and can attest to the annoying android updating with each phone restart, fortunately I have not had any random rebooting issues as reported by others

Jim
27th June 2015, 04:04 AM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran

had the GB OTA update and can attest to the annoying android updating with each phone restart, fortunately I have not had any random rebooting issues as reported by others

Jim

But you do have annoying apps update at each restart right??
27th June 2015, 05:37 AM |#10  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yes i have the annoying android updating with each restart
27th June 2015, 02:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have experienced these random reboots and I have also noticed that I get an error when taking screenshots where it says that either the storage is full or the app doesn't allow it. I have at least 3gb left and I have tried it across the system and it doesn't work. I am on the retail US version for XT1053

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)