Moto X OS Updater

Search This thread

Did Doe

Feb 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am posting here today on the topic of the Moto X OS Updater. I have the VZW Moto X Dev Ed running Rooted Kit Kat 4.4. I do not want the new update and it is asking me everyday if I would like to install. As I am not interested in doing so I would like to remove this. Is there a way to shut down the updater or maybe even remove the apk? If so what is it called or how do I do so?

Thanks in advance!
-Did Doe

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am posting here today on the topic of the Moto X OS Updater. I have the VZW Moto X Dev Ed running Rooted Kit Kat 4.4. I do not want the new update and it is asking me everyday if I would like to install. As I am not interested in doing so I would like to remove this. Is there a way to shut down the updater or maybe even remove the apk? If so what is it called or how do I do so?

Thanks in advance!
-Did Doe

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/how-to-upgrade-to-4-4-2-t2660439

Reactions: Did Doe

Schaweet

Aug 2, 2010
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
-Did Doe

Out of curiosity, why don't you want the update?

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010
Well from what I read I can't go back to the post camera update if I take 4.4.2. This is important I am able to do what I want you know.

The main reason people want to get back to 4.2.2 is to root. with the DE you can root with any version because of the unlocked bootloader.

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
nah, the misinfo keeps getting posted and reposted and the more you read, the more misinfo you read.

well it is very known what you can and can't flash, it's stickied in the general thread. No misinfo on that one. also all the upgrading and downgrading software and bootloader info is there too. pretty much everything, I think the people who are nervous are the ones not reading threads. things are pretty clear and dry here, and many questions have been answered there too!

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/ref-how-to-root-4-4-links-guides-t2603358

hope that helps explain things cartland!

Did Doe

Feb 22, 2014
well it is very known what you can and can't flash, it's stickied in the general thread. No misinfo on that one. also all the upgrading and downgrading software and bootloader info is there too. pretty much everything, I think the people who are nervous are the ones not reading threads. things are pretty clear and dry here, and many questions have been answered there too!

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/ref-how-to-root-4-4-links-guides-t2603358

hope that helps explain things cartland!

Wow, good read! Thanks for the link!

Did Doe

Feb 22, 2014
From what others are posting using the unofficial fxz, you can run the 4.4 system with the 4.4.2 bootloader and I would presume the 4.2.2 system, too although I don't see where anyone has specifically tried that. However, if you do run a lower version of the system than the bootloader and accidentally take the 4.4.2 OTA again, you will brick. So you would need to freeze the OTA app to avoid that.

Running 4.4. system with 4.4.2 bootloader

Any information you have about the dev end I would love to check out.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts