T-Mobile X bootloader unlock

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Got my XT1053 today, which is supposed to be bootloader unlockable. But when I tried, it says not eligible. Anybody know how long it takes Motorola to update its system? I feel like I've seen other similar posts and I'm just trying to gauge how long I should elect to wait before I can unlock. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1053

acruxksa

Aug 31, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Got my XT1053 today, which is supposed to be bootloader unlockable. But when I tried, it says not eligible. Anybody know how long it takes Motorola to update its system? I feel like I've seen other similar posts and I'm just trying to gauge how long I should elect to wait before I can unlock. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1053

I'm sure it's not the answer you are looking for but when I logged on to get my unlock code after two weeks it was there. I'm sure it was there sooner but I never checked until right after I heard the news that lenovo was buying motorola. Soooooooooo, you should have it in less than two weeks anyway.........

Reactions: phositadc

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL

Sent from my XT1053

not sure what your talking about because if you want to unlock your bootloader you need to do here

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/87215/action/auth

scroll down till you see Moto X US / Sprint, USC, TMO then click on unlock and follow the directions

phositadc

May 7, 2010
not sure what your talking about because if you want to unlock your bootloader you need to do here

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/87215/action/auth

scroll down till you see Moto X US / Sprint, USC, TMO then click on unlock and follow the directions

I'm saying when I enter my unlock code at that site, it tells me my device is ineligible, even though the T-Mobile X is most certainly bootloader unlockable. I read other people experienced the same thing and then it worked a few days later.

Sent from my Nexus 7

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I'm saying when I enter my unlock code at that site, it tells me my device is ineligible, even though the T-Mobile X is most certainly bootloader unlockable. I read other people experienced the same thing and then it worked a few days later.

Sent from my Nexus 7

That is interesting for sure i guess i would give it a couple days and try again.
if you dont won't to wait to root you can use the root for locked bootloaders you will just have to wait till you unlock to install a custom recovery.

rok503

Nov 8, 2013
I got the same problem. T-mobile Moto X purchased while the Cyber Monday.
I tried to unlock the bootloader. And the system says that "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking.":crying:

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
When you get the string of numbers and letters while in Fastboot copy and paste them to notepad and remove all spaces then copy and paste it to the Moto site where it asks for your unique code. Hope this helps! I had the same issue and this worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lantoine

Jan 22, 2007
After reading the initial post I decided to get my unlock code just to keep it handy as well. Much to my surprise, I too am see a message indicating that my device is not eligible. I have the GSM Unlock MotoX that I bought around January 6th. Lets hope that this is just a temporary situation.

OneOfTheMost

Feb 9, 2013
Moscow
Just got an unlock code! A couple hours ago it said "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking". So try!
P.S. I bought Moto X GSM Unlocked T-Mobile 32GB two weeks ago.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Update: got my unlock code on Sunday night. So took ~2 days from receipt of phone to being unlockable.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my XT1053

I'm sure it's not the answer you are looking for but when I logged on to get my unlock code after two weeks it was there. I'm sure it was there sooner but I never checked until right after I heard the news that lenovo was buying motorola. Soooooooooo, you should have it in less than two weeks anyway.........