touchless issues

Search This thread

Tbbo514

Dec 31, 2009
orlando
Brand new motox on vzw and the hotword detection and touchless controls don't work the mic on the homescreen is hollowed out and doesn't respond . Phone is brand new and I just updated it last night thinking that would fix it but it didn't still doesn't work . Ive tried changing the country in the settings that doesn't work either K...anyone know how to fix this considering this is the main reason I got it ?

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Brand new motox on vzw and the hotword detection and touchless controls don't work the mic on the homescreen is hollowed out and doesn't respond . Phone is brand new and I just updated it last night thinking that would fix it but it didn't still doesn't work . Ive tried changing the country in the settings that doesn't work either K...anyone know how to fix this considering this is the main reason I got it ?

You need to turn on google now as well for it to work. and of course update the google apps. hope that fixes your issue!

Tbbo514

Dec 31, 2009
orlando
You need to turn on google now as well for it to work. and of course update the google apps. hope that fixes your issue!

I've updated Google apps including the Motorola apps the hotword detection didn't work even when I turned it on first day. I downloaded Google's launcher and the detection works fine but on Motorola's home never works . I let the update come through and now I'm on android 4.4.2 and it's still broken also the launcher doesn't look like the kit Kat launcher it still looks like jelly beans/ics I'm not sure if that's relevant or not also phone is not rooted

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I've updated Google apps including the Motorola apps the hotword detection didn't work even when I turned it on first day. I downloaded Google's launcher and the detection works fine but on Motorola's home never works . I let the update come through and now I'm on android 4.4.2 and it's still broken also the launcher doesn't look like the kit Kat launcher it still looks like jelly beans/ics I'm not sure if that's relevant or not also phone is not rooted

My bad, correction it should work without google now activated. I just tested it out. 3 words of advice:

1. Launcher has nothing to do with that bro lol
2. [[USING VOICE COMMANDS]] when voice training, your room needs to be like dead silent, enunciate but talk normally.
3. When voice training comes up, do 2 from arms length and one up close. That gets it for me every time.

***EDIT

just realized you said homescreen was grayed out, you should be using the homescreen button. moto voiceless controls should work with the phone completely locked and asleep.

Let me know how that goes.

Tbbo514

Dec 31, 2009
orlando

Did the training again got the green checkmarks again and it still doesn't work . Not on the lock screen or home screen . I wonder has anyone else had this issue with the vzw model ?