I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE!
While looking over some aosp code for the settings apk, I stumbled upon a much easier loophole that completely bypasses Verizon's and maybe other carrier's Tethering Entitlement Check app. By setting the net.tethering.noprovisioning property to true, Verizon and other carrier's entitlement check app won't even run, the native tethering will start now as soon as you turn it on. This has been tested on and works on my XT1060 but depending on how other carrier's run their entitlement check app, it could work on other phone models also. So if you test it and it works on the other carrier Moto X's or other phone models let me know!
So for Rom Developers all you have to do is add net.tethering.noprovisioning=true to your build.prop file and then you can remove the entitlement check app if you want to. Also if your phone model has any property that has dun_required like ro.mot.tether_dun_required then you will need to change that line from 1 to 0.
For people who don't want to mess with modifying their build.prop file or use xposed. I made an app which requires Root, that will run a setprop command to bypass the check until you reboot. If you want it to last after a reboot you can select apply of boot to run the command after every reboot. This was tested and confirmed by cvhovey thanks to him for testing it for me, since I have free tethering. This is my first app so I hope you Enjoy it! I want to say thanks to jcase's slapmymoto and the developer of adaway, I used their github sources as references when I couldn't get something working. Also androidicons for the icon template, and Poliva for setpropex, and jduck for getting setpropex working on KitKat.
v1.2 http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358557764(v1.2 is signed with a different key than v1.0/v1.1 so it will display a msg box telling you this just click okay)
-v1.2 Update (7/4/2014)
-It can now bypass the read only property's like ro.mot.tether_dun_required and set it to 0 via setpropex for the models like Sprint, and RPW, Thanks to Poliva for setpropex, and jduck for getting it working on KitKat
-Cleaned up the code a lot it was extremely sloppy, still needs some work
-Also I ended up having to create another key to sign the app, thanks to the android L sdk update that screwed up my dev environment, and I ended up accidentally deleting my keystore
-v1.1 Update (5/8/2014)
-For v1.1 I added checks to grab the phones model number and then apply certain commands specific to those models