Xposed Module to disable ugly VZW 4G icon

Search This thread

crackers8199

May 11, 2010
version 1.1 is up, leaving 1.0 up as well until i have a few people confirm 1.1 works for them (if 1.0 worked for you, 1.1 should work as well...i've been running it on my phone for a few days now without any issues). this new version will allow you to choose (via a preference in the module) whether you want the 4G icon or the LTE icon...

note: my phone is a vzw dev edition, running 4.4.2...although based on initial reports in the thread, it seems (and from my own remembering how the old version was) that this should also work on 4.4.0.

usual disclaimer, i'm not responsible if you break something. i've been running it on my phone and it has been working great...if there's a problem with it, please let me know (this is my first time attempting something like this).

go from this:

attachment.php

...to this:

attachment.php

...or this:

attachment.php

again, this is my first attempt at a module like this, so if anyone sees something wrong please let me know and i'll try to fix it. this module is also now in the xposed repository, so you can download direct from the framework installer if you prefer... :)

confirmed working on:
Verizon Moto X (both retail and Developer Edition)
European Moto X (XT1052)
GSM Developer Edition Moto X (XT1053)
Moto G (confirmed in Germany, stock ROM)

changelog:

v1.1 (3/11/2014)
- added option to select either 4G icon or LTE icon (in preferences, requires a reboot after changing)
- removed android-support library, greatly reduced file size

v1.0 (3/9/2014)
- initial release

Attachments

• vzw4g.jpg
    vzw4g.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 101,863
  • aosp4g.jpg
    aosp4g.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 98,813
  • SignalIconsAOSP.apk
    262.2 KB · Views: 12,938
  • SignalIconsAOSPv1.1.apk
    35.8 KB · Views: 9,728
  • aospLTE.jpg
    aospLTE.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 100,349
Last edited:

GTvert90

Seems to work fine for me. Any way to make the status bar icons lose there shade? Like on asop roms you can change the transparency not of the status bar bit the tint that goes over the icons. Get rid of this crap gray look ya know?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

crackers8199

May 11, 2010
Seems to work fine for me. Any way to make the status bar icons lose there shade? Like on asop roms you can change the transparency not of the status bar bit the tint that goes over the icons. Get rid of this crap gray look ya know?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

probably, but that would probably take some more work (which i'm not sure i have the time for right now). plus, gravitybox already does that (as you can see in my screenshots, my icons are light blue)...

ximmox

Mar 14, 2010
Nice find and work!

Working flawlessly aswell on my Stock Moto G in Germany, you might add that to your description.

dymmeh

May 27, 2010
Thanks! Works great (also on VZW non-DE).
You might want to remove the android support library next time to cut down on the APK file size since its not needed. :)

kbluhm

Dec 9, 2010
This is great! I hate seeing that huge 4G LTE icon. It's a Verizon ad in my status bar and take up too much space.

themcfly

Jun 24, 2013
Tested and working flawlessly on European Moto X (XT1052). I literally unlocked and rooted just to get rid of the carrier and the ugly motorola icons, to get the most nexus-looking device i could get.

Thanks man!!! Keep up the good work!!! :good:

crackers8199

May 11, 2010
Thought I'd try this on my LG G2 but when I try to open the downloaded apk I get a parsr error. "There is a problem parsing this package"
??

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

not sure what's going on (and i have no way of testing it since i don't have a G2) ...maybe they use a different method of including the carrier 4G icon? that's a complete guess though on my part, and i'm not sure why it would throw that error on installation rather than just not working...

random questions...are you sure you didn't get a corrupted download? do you have the xposed framework installed?

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
not sure what's going on (and i have no way of testing it since i don't have a G2) ...maybe they use a different method of including the carrier 4G icon? that's a complete guess though on my part, and i'm not sure why it would throw that error on installation rather than just not working...

random questions...are you sure you didn't get a corrupted download? do you have the xposed framework installed?

Yeah I have exposed framework running.
Tried downloading a few times and no joy.

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

crackers8199

May 11, 2010
Yeah I have exposed framework running.
Tried downloading a few times and no joy.

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

i don't know that i can be of any help then...i'll note in the OP that the G2 is a no-go, but i can't really fix something I can't test (and I really only wrote this for the moto x to begin with...any other devices it works for would just be a happy coincidence).

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
i don't know that i can be of any help then...i'll note in the OP that the G2 is a no-go, but i can't really fix something I can't test (and I really only wrote this for the moto x to begin with...any other devices it works for would just be a happy coincidence).

OK. I would have thought that I should be able to download the apk at least and install. Maybe not, I'm no programmer!

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    version 1.1 is up, leaving 1.0 up as well until i have a few people confirm 1.1 works for them (if 1.0 worked for you, 1.1 should work as well...i've been running it on my phone for a few days now without any issues). this new version will allow you to choose (via a preference in the module) whether you want the 4G icon or the LTE icon...

note: my phone is a vzw dev edition, running 4.4.2...although based on initial reports in the thread, it seems (and from my own remembering how the old version was) that this should also work on 4.4.0.

usual disclaimer, i'm not responsible if you break something. i've been running it on my phone and it has been working great...if there's a problem with it, please let me know (this is my first time attempting something like this).

go from this:

attachment.php

...to this:

attachment.php

...or this:

attachment.php

again, this is my first attempt at a module like this, so if anyone sees something wrong please let me know and i'll try to fix it. this module is also now in the xposed repository, so you can download direct from the framework installer if you prefer... :)

confirmed working on:
    Verizon Moto X (both retail and Developer Edition)
    European Moto X (XT1052)
    GSM Developer Edition Moto X (XT1053)
    Moto G (confirmed in Germany, stock ROM)

changelog:

v1.1 (3/11/2014)
    - added option to select either 4G icon or LTE icon (in preferences, requires a reboot after changing)
    - removed android-support library, greatly reduced file size

v1.0 (3/9/2014)
    - initial release
    version 1.1 has been added to the OP, allows you to change back and forth between the 4G icon and the LTE icon. also (as per suggestions here) removed the android-support library, to make the file size much smaller.

also: it's in the xposed repo now as well...so you can download direct from the framework installer if you prefer. v1.1 will probably be synced later today, as i just uploaded it a few minutes ago...
    working as expected for me. thank you! (vzw non-de on 4.4.0)
    I'll look into the 3g to h thing...not sure if there is a way to do it with just flipping bools (which is what I'm doing here). Same for the icons being off...however they are is how they're supposed to look. I'm not doing any manipulations with the actual images...just changing the mechanism that decides which image to show.

edit: found a few settings which might flip the 3G to H indicator...but i have no way to test it with my VZW phone.

If you want I can test if for you in my LatAm moto x 1058 phone, with retail brazil ROM.
    As far as I know it should work, but I personally haven't tested it.

As I already stated, it works on my XT1053 (GSM, Dev Edition).