FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED] Twisty Switch: Customize your Moto X's twist gesture!

128 posts
Thanks Meter: 117

By dymmeh, Senior Member on 18th April 2014, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This isn't supported or being developed for anymore. No need to ask for features / settings / etc since they won't happen.

This is an Xposed module that allows you to customize what happens when you perform the "twist" motion that normally starts the camera.
Right now you are limited to launching activities that are available through your launcher.
This module allows enabling/disabling of the vibrate that occurs when starting an app.

This is an initial and quickly tested release. It's possible there are bugs with it. Please report anything you find here! (Logcat stacktraces appreciated )

Please suggest twist actions or features that you'd like to see in future versions!

The module can be found in the Xposed repo by searching "Twisty Switch"

List of bugs / to-dos :
  • If you have a pin enabled the screen will not turn on.
  • Sort alphabetically
  • Can do the twist gesture when your desired app is already open

Xposed repo: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.dym.twistyswitch
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dymmeh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dymmeh Ad-Free

18th April 2014, 06:41 AM |#2  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Good job Op. Testing it ASAP.

Sent from Moto X
GuestK0077
18th April 2014, 07:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works great thanks! Could the list of apps be sorted alphabetically? That would make finding things so much easier. Thanks again!
18th April 2014, 08:19 AM |#4  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot , testing !!!
18th April 2014, 01:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Great job I tried it with the new Google camera it opens it but initially I get an error message I have to clear that says could not connect to camera. I hit OK an the camera opens great beta app.
18th April 2014, 01:59 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Not working on my Moto X. Do you need some info to fix it?

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 02:12 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Could you post the source?
18th April 2014, 02:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribr

Not working on my Moto X. Do you need some info to fix it?

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

Did you pick an app through the Twisty Switch config? Reboot your phone? Do you have a password on your phone?
18th April 2014, 03:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu0506

Works great thanks! Could the list of apps be sorted alphabetically? That would make finding things so much easier. Thanks again!

This will be in the next release. I realized I should have done this after I finished up last night and uploaded everything. It's a simple fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150

Great job I tried it with the new Google camera it opens it but initially I get an error message I have to clear that says could not connect to camera. I hit OK an the camera opens great beta app.

The "Could not connect to camera" message shouldn't have anything to do with Twisty Switch. It's launching the camera app no different than how your launcher would normally start up the camera.
18th April 2014, 03:04 PM |#10  

More
I'm not trying to insult you so don't take it that way. Do you have xposed installed this is only a module not a stand alone app. If you do then make sure after you install it you go into exposed and activate it then reboot and it will work. On a side note for the OP the error message I get for the Google camera doesn't always happen its intermittent. I don't know how to log the error but will if you tell me how to and post the log.
18th April 2014, 03:12 PM |#11  

More
Here is a screen shot of the error and I have a maxx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-18-10-06-30.png
Views:	565
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	2694177  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)