FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCONTINUED] /e/ Pie For Payton

1,679 posts
Thanks Meter: 859

By jasonmerc, Senior Member on 10th June 2019, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

As always, you take responsibility for what you do to your phone. Don't go filing civil lawsuits against me if your alarm fails to get you up for work in the morning.

The Hell's An /e/?
"/e/ is a non-profit project, in the public interest. We build open-source mobile operating systems that respect users’ data privacy. We’re an international core team of experienced entrepreneurs, developers and designers, and a growing community of contributors." --taken from their website.

Basically think Lineage AOSP but instead of just leaving gapps out of it, they're trying to take it a step further and really give Google the finger. Their ultimate goal for the future is to make a mobile OS featuring an entire ecosystem (/e/cosystem?) that respects users' privacy and avoids the "big-companies-that-sell-your-data". They will have alternatives to the most popular Google services baked in: F-Droid instead of Google Play, something like Telegram instead of Google Hangouts, Lawnchair instead of a proprietary Google launcher, etc. As of the time I'm writing this message this is still really early on in the /e/ project though, so don't expect too much just yet.

What Works?
Exactly the same as what's in Lineage 16 for Payton, WITH THE ADDITION OF VIPER AUDIO (YOU NEED TO USE V2.7.X FROM MAGISK THOUGH)

What Don't Work?
There's no market for apps built in yet (or web browser) so be prepared to sideload your own APKs over ADB to get that stuff on for now, until I fix it in a new build

Where's My Source Code, and How'd You Build this?
Don't worry, this took me forever to find too. I used the v1-pie branch which is Lineage 16.0 based

Here's the roomservice XML I used so you don't have to manually add all the trees yourself
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_motorola_payton" path="device/motorola/payton" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_motorola_sdm660-common" path="device/motorola/sdm660-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998" path="kernel/motorola/msm8998" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" path="system/qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

To get the custom /e/ apps in your build you have to edit the portion of vendor/lineage/config/common.mk that talks about "Custom CM Packages". Go to /prebuilts/prebuiltapks for a list of folders' names you can add to this list. Note that not everything will add properly, and adding some things may mess up your ROM, so experiment at your own risk

Where's My Download Link?
MY MEGA BUILD FOLDER
I know some people don't like Mega but it's all I have to work with because my Google Drive is almost full and AFH won't accept me as a user to post all my crap up there. Please don't mirror the download links anywhere else without my permission either

Who Should You Give a Special Thanks To?
--The /e/ team (including but not limited to Gael Duval)
--All the guys here on the payton forums for their hard work in building the trees for this thing
--@bcrichster for showing me how to get the /e/ apps to build with the ROM on this thing so I don't have to steal from AOSP anymore
--@erfanoabdi for his excellent work maintaining Lineage 16 trees for Payton to get this thing stable
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jasonmerc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jasonmerc Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 02:55 PM |#3  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You are doing a great work. Keep up with your work. But unfortunately I can't be a part of this project and currently my phone is a daily driver. But once this project becomes stable I will surely try it out. Once again I salute your thinking of creating a new OS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeisthegeek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zeisthegeek Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 06:19 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeisthegeek

You are doing a great work. Keep up with your work. But unfortunately I can't be a part of this project and currently my phone is a daily driver. But once this project becomes stable I will surely try it out. Once again I salute your thinking of creating a new OS.

It's not my OS that I made, eelo (or /e/) is someone else's idea. Their website is HERE if you want to look. All I did was port it over to the X4

And this OS is stable by the way. I've been using it myself for the past couple days and there's no problems at all. Not even random slow downs from what I can tell. If you can live without Google, this thing's good to go as-is
15th June 2019, 06:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Lot of people on telegram group too can u post this on telegram pls
15th June 2019, 06:55 AM |#6  
Flag New South Wales
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Thank you and the /e/ team for the hard work. I'll have this downloaded for now and will try it over the weekend and post some feedback.

Edit: I guess i won't be able to do that right now because Mega is blocked in my network. I'll try it out either when i have access to Mega or when someone mirrors the download in an accessible host. With the owners permission of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helhound0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Helhound0 Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 01:03 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinesh_cool

Lot of people on telegram group too can u post this on telegram pls

Which telegram group, you need to be more specific than this or post a link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helhound0

Thank you and the /e/ team for the hard work. I'll have this downloaded for now and will try it over the weekend and post some feedback.

Edit: I guess i won't be able to do that right now because Mega is blocked in my network. I'll try it out either when i have access to Mega or when someone mirrors the download in an accessible host. With the owners permission of course.

I'd do all of this on AFH or Google Drive, but AFH won't let me in and my Google's almost full and I need it for other things. I'd do something like a Bittorrent with a hash but I've never been able to set one up properly before that actually works. Maybe I'll try again with my next build I'm about to do
16th June 2019, 05:11 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmerc

Which telegram group, you need to be more specific than this or post a link

I'd do all of this on AFH or Google Drive, but AFH won't let me in and my Google's almost full and I need it for other things. I'd do something like a Bittorrent with a hash but I've never been able to set one up properly before that actually works. Maybe I'll try again with my next build I'm about to do

Xda is not allow to post links here
There is Moto x4 official group on telegram u can post there,.
U can use sourceforge ,afh is take time to give access

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Lot of things going on our custom rom group (motox4_dev) u can join there too😊😊
17th June 2019, 02:12 AM |#9  
Flag 53842 Troisdorf
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I will support it and therefore, as soon as I have time, I will put it prominently on my site. This project is really great!!

If you don't want it, just tell me.

https://www.motox4custom.com
18th June 2019, 03:04 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX4Custom

I will support it and therefore, as soon as I have time, I will put it prominently on my site. This project is really great!!

If you don't want it, just tell me.

https://www.motox4custom.com

Thank you for your enthusiasm! You can promote this in any way you want to (and I really do appreciate anyone that wants to do so) but please don't mirror any downloads anywhere else--link back to this thread for the actual link to get it, or my AndroidForums mirror of this thread whichever you'd prefer
18th June 2019, 03:46 AM |#11  
I hope everyone's happy with my current build here, because I'm trying to make a new one but I'm having lots of issues. The primary one has to do with the "cryptfs_hw: Support devices use metadata as key" change included with Lineage 16, because /e/ here doesn't know how to handle that flag. Even when I manually remove it there's still other kernel problems and missing dependencies I don't know how to solve. Sorry for the delay, because I really wanted to make timely updates for this thing since Payton's device trees and everything are undergoing a lot of cool changes recently and I'd like you all to have access to them
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasonmerc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jasonmerc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eelo, lineage, payton, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)