Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
zYkSW7S.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Moto Mods are not supported

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • LED Notifications
  • NFC

Not Working/Bugs
  • Encryption does not work, backup your personal data (photos, music etc) and format your data from TWRP (Wipe->Format Data) (works in 7/10 build)
  • Camera sometimes does not take photos (apparently after using the flash)
  • Sometimes saturation is missing in photos (they're black and white)
  • **XT1635-03 only**: NFC currently does not work out of the box, rename the configuration as explained here. (not an issue anymore on 07/10 build)
  • Permissive SELinux
  • Obviously this is an early build thus nearly all the LineageOS features are still missing (Double twist, chopchop and fingerprint sleep are present)

Installation
Make sure you have a nougat bootloader and modem else TWRP denies the installation by throwing a message about the wrong bootloader. Further details and a guide to upgrade what you need without losing data here.
Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery (at least twrp-3.1.1-1 is required)
  1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
  2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
  3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
  4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  5. Wipe Dalvik cache
  6. Install the ROM zip
  7. Install su for root (get it here, you have to enable it from developer settings) [optional] (not yet available)
  8. DO NOT REBOOT
  9. Install the Gapps zip
  10. Reboot

Downloads
AndroidFileHost

Sources
Device Tree
Kernel

Credits
@vache for fixing RIL and providing initial camera fix that I reworked

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
Alberto97
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-02
Last Updated 2017-10-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Moto Mods are not supported

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • LED Notifications
    • NFC

Not Working/Bugs
    • Encryption does not work, backup your personal data (photos, music etc) and format your data from TWRP (Wipe->Format Data) (works in 7/10 build)
    • Camera sometimes does not take photos (apparently after using the flash)
    • Sometimes saturation is missing in photos (they're black and white)
    • **XT1635-03 only**: NFC currently does not work out of the box, rename the configuration as explained here. (not an issue anymore on 07/10 build)
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Obviously this is an early build thus nearly all the LineageOS features are still missing (Double twist, chopchop and fingerprint sleep are present)

Installation
    Make sure you have a nougat bootloader and modem else TWRP denies the installation by throwing a message about the wrong bootloader. Further details and a guide to upgrade what you need without losing data here.
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery (at least twrp-3.1.1-1 is required)
    1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. Install su for root (get it here, you have to enable it from developer settings) [optional] (not yet available)
    8. DO NOT REBOOT
    9. Install the Gapps zip
    10. Reboot

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

Credits
    @vache for fixing RIL and providing initial camera fix that I reworked

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
    Alberto97
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-02
    Last Updated 2017-10-07
    Now Lineage requires a nougat bootloader and modem. In other words if the last time you fully flashed a stock rom (TWRP flashable zips don't count) and it was a nougat one or you were on stock Marshmallow and applied the stock nougat ota or your phone came with nougat preinstalled, you're fine. Else if you were on stock Marshmallow and then flashed any custom rom, you have to go back to stock and upgrade to nougat or directly fully flash stock nougat or do the following steps. With the last way you are not supposed to lose any data but my advice is the same:

Take a backup of personal data (also the one in the virtual sdcard) even if you are not supposed to lose anything before proceeding

Once the backup is done, download a nougat firmware, currently the NPNS26.118-22-1 is the best choice and flash just the following images:
    Code:
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash oem oem.img

Now you're ready to install the update.
    Reserved

Changelog

07/10/2017 **WARNING: Wipe data required for everyone**
    • Encryption is working now
    • NFC on XT1635-03 works out of the box
    • Fixed an issue where CMActions (now LineageActions) crashes on incoming calls
    • IMS/VoLTE is back

02/10/2017
    • Initial Release
    I have built lineage 15.1 64 bits
    i share it here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=244429
    Finally the new build is available. I was supposed to release this at least a couple of days ago but AndroidFileHost and my connection hated me so much that I ended up in wasting around 2GB of mobile data for nothing.
    Ok, here's the actual changes. Encryption is now working and people with the Chinese variant don't have to mess up with the NFC configuration anymore.
    An issue with the Proximity Silencer feature that made CMActions (LineageActions) crashing on incoming calls has been fixed.
    IMS is back which means VoLTE should be working now but because of this even if you are upgrading from the previous build you need to clean flash else you'll end up in a nightmare of Phone crashes.
    I want to remember everyone that you need to have nougat bootloader and firmwares in order to be able to flash today's build. I'll link in the OP a separated post with the needed steps to avoid confusion.
    Finally, unless other issues come to the light , I'm going to release newer builds only after relevant changes in the sources. My SSD is dying and I'm trying to not stress it too much.
    Unless I forgot other patches we should be done with the news :p