Should I upgrade to Nougat?

Search This thread

razorsbk

Jul 15, 2010
Hello guys. I'm freaking happy with my Z Play, battery life is amazing and everything works smoothly. One issue so far: I have to reboot my phone every 4-5 days due to memory management. But this happened to my previous phone too, which had 4gb of ram.
I'm on reteu channel and I've received the notification to upgrade to Nougat but I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not.

I've heard some of you complaining about Moto Display not working properly after upgrade, or Moto Actions. I use the twist and double twist motion to open flashlight and camera very often and I would hate it if it would stop working properly after upgrade.

Should I upgrade? Should I factory reset and then do a clean upgrade?

How is you device behaving after the update? Any major issues so far?

Thanks.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Nougat is marshmallow with better notifications and multitasking. I've noticed no difference in battery life or performance. Everything is butter and battery lasts 3 days. Yes, you should update. I wouldn't bother doing a clean flash unless you have problems. There are a few really good nougat roms in the rom section that are bug free and worth trying out.

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
I've installed nougat update without wiping data. No problems with moto display, neither with moto actions. All is working as supposed to be. Everything is working smoothly. Battery life is the same as in marshmallow.
I recommend you to install the new update. Additionally moto display is working in landscape mode.

Wysłane z mojego XT1635-02 przy użyciu Tapatalka

tag68

Nov 25, 2014
Moto G 2014
Moto X Play
... and everything works smoothly. One issue so far: I have to reboot my phone every 4-5 days due to memory management.
What happens if you don't reboot?

Usually memory usage should be better without reboot. I mean, if you have a rebooted phone, every app needs to be loaded into memory, it needs power to start up. Caches are empty, every access has to be freshly read into memory. Empty memory is unused memory. If your phone does not use all the memory it has, there is something wrong with memory management. Having to reboot is something I know from Windows. But every other OS is capable of using memory in a reasonable way. If your memory isn't fully used, your phone is not properly working. Is anything getting unstable after some days? (You should remove any cleaner tool or antivirus from your Android, they usually don't help, working against the caching mechanisms​ and often have such side effects)

razorsbk

Jul 15, 2010
If I don't reboot every app reloads during multi tasking. Every switch from one app to another takes a bit longer and the information is refreshed.

So can you guys confirm that Moto Display and Moto Gestures work properly and flawlessly?

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
Get an OTG dongle and memory stick.
Heck it plays my 1TB Seagate too, just a little slower in file selection.
I got it and using but not for music. I don't see any folders from OTG on Poweramp. From ES File Explorer when I try play choosed music I got only possibilities to play it through ES or Google Play Music

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
I got it and using but not for music. I don't see any folders from OTG on Poweramp. From ES File Explorer when I try play choosed music I got only possibilities to play it through ES or Google Play Music

I used beta 4 from their website

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

https://xdaforums.com/moto-z-play/help/poweramp-offering-to-support-board-dacs-t3542150

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
Reactions: aviwdoowks

Yash24

Jan 22, 2015
Bilaspur
Can confirm Moto display works. I don't use he gestures.

Yea moto display is working on nougat too!

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Hello guys. I'm freaking happy with my Z Play, battery life is amazing and everything works smoothly. One issue so far: I have to reboot my phone every 4-5 days due to memory management. But this happened to my previous phone too, which had 4gb of ram.
I'm on reteu channel and I've received the notification to upgrade to Nougat but I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not.

I've heard some of you complaining about Moto Display not working properly after upgrade, or Moto Actions. I use the twist and double twist motion to open flashlight and camera very often and I would hate it if it would stop working properly after upgrade.

Thanks.

I'm​ in nougat and is awesome but there are frame drops or sometimes lag in games after nougat.
But after that ram management becomes more awesome of this device..
But i think u can go for nougat because wipe cache partition solved all problems in device.☺️

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Thanks.

I'm​ in nougat and is awesome but there are frame drops or sometimes lag in games after nougat.
But ram management becomes more awesome (after nougat) of this device..
But i think you should go for nougat because wipe cache partition solved all problems in device.:)

Top Liked Posts