[GUIDE] to enable DualSim on SingleSim Devices

Search This thread

-=MoRpH=-

May 6, 2007
Kleve
WARNING: I am not responsible for damage to your phone through this guide, follow at your own risk.​

Its only tested on EU Singlesim devices!!!!

First of all, thanks to @ilovemeow and @tomparr ! :good:

We all know, it was on the Moto X Play easy to "unlock" the DualSim ability by flash a firmware with including a DSDS Baseband. But Moto changed the Firmware layout. On the Moto Z Play are all basebands in the /fsg folder and after a modem wipe (dualsim=true or false) loads the matching baseband to modemst1 and modemst2. The settings for dualsim=true and the software channel are not editable right now.

So the trick is to get the baseband for dualsim in to the modem. I found a easy but dirty way to get the DSDS baseband loaded.

You need a Moto Z Play SingleSim Device (Mine is from Germany with RETEU)

Now the step by step guide:

1. boot in to twrp open the terminal and type
Code:
setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
(thx to @ilovemeow again ;) )

2. boot and make sure you got the Dualsim options in the Settings. If yes goto 3. If not load a Terminal Emulator from playstore and type there the command from 1.

3. Got to the settings and look which baseband you use now! Its important to note that!!

3. Open the RootExplorer and navigate tot he fsg Folder. You will find there a bunch of im.gz files (like addison_2.img.gz and addison_dsds_2.img.gz and so on…)

4. You must make sure which file for your phone is the right one (For the EU Phones its Addison_ROW and addisson_2.img.gz) You will see that the numbered files are linked to the other file in the folder. See the Picture.

5. Now you have to delete the baseband your phone use normally. At the EU Devices addisson_2.img.gz and addisson_row.img.gz

6. Now comes the magic! xD Just rename the dsds files from addisson_dsds_2.img.gz to adisson_2.img.gz and addison_dsds_row.img to addison_row.img.gz.

7. Reboot to bootloader and enter
Code:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

now you can use both cards! :highfive: :victory:

NOTES:

1. there some bugs in the dialer! You cant save the settings that a specific number automatic called by sim1 or sim2
2. Second SIM Card/Modem only got IMEI 0! But works in German Networks without a problem.
3. You can loose your of sim1/modem IMEI if you do something wrong!
4. You got a bit more battary drain.
5. You can restore the default settings with just flashing the fsg.mbn file!

If you like my work give me adfree or buy me a beer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170310-100520.jpg
    Screenshot_20170310-100520.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 9,528
  • Screenshot_20170310-100537.png
    Screenshot_20170310-100537.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 9,496
  • Screenshot_20170310-100611.png
    Screenshot_20170310-100611.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 9,450
Last edited:

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
? thanks mate, actually thats was thr idea of someone in x play forum
btw I cant find any files in /fsg folder:(

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
Reactions: -=MoRpH=-

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
left native dualsim, retapac
right reteu
and the 2nd pic, both sim lose imei, dont give a shxx as long as both sim work

Attachments

• IMG_20170311_195011176.jpg
    IMG_20170311_195011176.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,278
  • IMG_20170311_233556.jpg
    IMG_20170311_233556.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,268

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: I am not responsible for damage to your phone through this guide, follow at your own risk.​

Its only tested on EU Singlesim devices!!!!

First of all, thanks to @ilovemeow and @tomparr ! :good:

We all know, it was on the Moto X Play easy to "unlock" the DualSim ability by flash a firmware with including a DSDS Baseband. But Moto changed the Firmware layout. On the Moto Z Play are all basebands in the /fsg folder and after a modem wipe (dualsim=true or false) loads the matching baseband to modemst1 and modemst2. The settings for dualsim=true and the software channel are not editable right now.

So the trick is to get the baseband for dualsim in to the modem. I found a easy but dirty way to get the DSDS baseband loaded.

You need a Moto Z Play SingleSim Device (Mine is from Germany with RETEU)

Now the step by step guide:

1. boot in to twrp open the terminal and type
    Code:
    setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
    (thx to @ilovemeow again ;) )

2. boot and make sure you got the Dualsim options in the Settings. If yes goto 3. If not load a Terminal Emulator from playstore and type there the command from 1.

3. Got to the settings and look which baseband you use now! Its important to note that!!

3. Open the RootExplorer and navigate tot he fsg Folder. You will find there a bunch of im.gz files (like addison_2.img.gz and addison_dsds_2.img.gz and so on…)

4. You must make sure which file for your phone is the right one (For the EU Phones its Addison_ROW and addisson_2.img.gz) You will see that the numbered files are linked to the other file in the folder. See the Picture.

5. Now you have to delete the baseband your phone use normally. At the EU Devices addisson_2.img.gz and addisson_row.img.gz

6. Now comes the magic! xD Just rename the dsds files from addisson_dsds_2.img.gz to adisson_2.img.gz and addison_dsds_row.img to addison_row.img.gz.

7. Reboot to bootloader and enter
    Code:
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot

now you can use both cards! :highfive: :victory:

NOTES:

1. there some bugs in the dialer! You cant save the settings that a specific number automatic called by sim1 or sim2
    2. Second SIM Card/Modem only got IMEI 0! But works in German Networks without a problem.
    3. You can loose your of sim1/modem IMEI if you do something wrong!
    4. You got a bit more battary drain.
    5. You can restore the default settings with just flashing the fsg.mbn file!

If you like my work give me adfree or buy me a beer
    ---- reserved -----
    Can you confirm the command in your first "code" box is actually supposed to be "steprop" and not SETPROP?

Thanks for figuring this out - if I ever decide to unlock, I'll be giving it a shot!
    Arg wrong typo thx
    Thank you. It worked!