FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Moto z play will receive official Android 7.1.1 Update!

180 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

Post Reply Email Thread
I had asked Motorola if z play will receive Android 7.1.1
and got a positive reply!

Here's the chat with Motorola:
T Gowthami: Hi, my name is T Gowthami. How may I help you?
Yash Goyal: can you tell me which motorola devices are currently running Android 7.1.1
T Gowthami: I would like to inform you that currently Moto G4 plus device running with 7.1.1 .
Yash Goyal: Why moto z and z play are not getting 7.1.1.
T Gowthami: The device will get but I am not sure about the date.
T Gowthami: Is there any thing else may I assist you with?
Yash Goyal: Z play will get 7.1.1?
Yash Goyal: ?
T Gowthami: Yes, It will get but I am not sure about the date.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170414-124209.png
Views:	802
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	4111945  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yash24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yash24 Ad-Free

14th April 2017, 03:04 PM |#2  
Flag San Jacinto
Thanks Meter: 219

Donate to Me
More
Awesome! This is good news!! my second day with the device, I am really satisfied with it! And Motorola seems to be doing moderately frequent updates!

It's strange, the budget phone got 7.1.1 before us o.o
14th April 2017, 03:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bilaspur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilsonxD

Awesome! This is good news!! my second day with the device, I am really satisfied with it! And Motorola seems to be doing moderately frequent updates!

It's strange, the budget phone got 7.1.1 before us o.o

There are some sites saying that it is capable of android 8 update!
The Following User Says Thank You to Yash24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yash24 Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 03:56 PM |#4  
Flag San Jacinto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash24

There are some sites saying that it is capable of android 8 update!

Those are likely to be the same sites that said with absolutely certainty the s8 will come with 8 gigabytes of ram, a 45MegaPixel Camera, and the ability to phase through matter.

I remember there were several sites that stated the Samsung note pro had received (touchwiz) marshmallow about a year ago.. Which is just totally false.

If we're still on 7.0 and Lenovo is ruining the show, I find that a little hard to believe considering I haven't even seen any lineage 15 for devices like the oneplus 3, pixel, or nexus 6p yet..

But who knows! I could, and would be happy to be proven wrong!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrWilsonxD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrWilsonxD Ad-Free
15th April 2017, 03:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Great news!
15th April 2017, 10:30 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilsonxD

Those are likely to be the same sites that said with absolutely certainty the s8 will come with 8 gigabytes of ram, a 45MegaPixel Camera, and the ability to phase through matter.

I remember there were several sites that stated the Samsung note pro had received (touchwiz) marshmallow about a year ago.. Which is just totally false.

If we're still on 7.0 and Lenovo is ruining the show, I find that a little hard to believe considering I haven't even seen any lineage 15 for devices like the oneplus 3, pixel, or nexus 6p yet..

But who knows! I could, and would be happy to be proven wrong!

Lineage 15 will be Android O. There is a Lineage OS based 7.1.2 ROM in the OnePlus 3/3T cross development section.
15th April 2017, 11:00 PM |#7  
Flag San Jacinto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly7

Lineage 15 will be Android O. There is a Lineage OS based 7.1.2 ROM in the OnePlus 3/3T cross development section.

Three are all thugs I'm aware of lol, and I'm currently running it. 😂

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using XDA Labs
15th April 2017, 11:36 PM |#8  
Flag Depok
Thanks Meter: 196

More
It's no surprise to me, even the old Moto X got Nougat a few months back. It'd say we'll get a good 3 years of major updates and even thereafter the devs here are awesome and will make the impossible possible. It's always good choosing a Moto phone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uchihakurtz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uchihakurtz Ad-Free
16th April 2017, 07:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash24

I had asked Motorola if z play will receive Android 7.1.1
and got a positive reply!

Here's the chat with Motorola:
T Gowthami: Hi, my name is T Gowthami. How may I help you?
Yash Goyal: can you tell me which motorola devices are currently running Android 7.1.1
T Gowthami: I would like to inform you that currently Moto G4 plus device running with 7.1.1 .
Yash Goyal: Why moto z and z play are not getting 7.1.1.
T Gowthami: The device will get but I am not sure about the date.
T Gowthami: Is there any thing else may I assist you with?
Yash Goyal: Z play will get 7.1.1?
Yash Goyal: ?
T Gowthami: Yes, It will get but I am not sure about the date.

Cheers!

moto g4 plus running 7.1.1? what kind of weed they're smoking? my phone didnt even get the March security update, i feel the motorola customer chat agents are guys living in their fantasies and provide whatever info they want
16th April 2017, 08:18 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bilaspur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDoge

moto g4 plus running 7.1.1? what kind of weed they're smoking? my phone didnt even get the March security update, i feel the motorola customer chat agents are guys living in their fantasies and provide whatever info they want

Information for z play 7.1.1 is absolutely correct.
I had confirmed that news in Lenovo forums with Motp xpert
The Following User Says Thank You to Yash24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yash24 Ad-Free
16th April 2017, 08:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i've had it enough with the incompetence of these "motorola support agents", really the same guy you talked to now saying the 7.1.1 is being rolled out for the g4 plus, and he doesn't even know about the march update being rolled out in Brazil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7.1.1.png
Views:	294
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	4114136   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.1.1 2.png
Views:	292
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	4114137  
The Following User Says Thank You to SnoopDoge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SnoopDoge Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)