Moto z play will receive official Android 7.1.1 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Yash24

Jan 22, 2015
Bilaspur
I had asked Motorola if z play will receive Android 7.1.1
and got a positive reply!

Here's the chat with Motorola:
T Gowthami: Hi, my name is T Gowthami. How may I help you?
Yash Goyal: can you tell me which motorola devices are currently running Android 7.1.1
T Gowthami: I would like to inform you that currently Moto G4 plus device running with 7.1.1 .
Yash Goyal: Why moto z and z play are not getting 7.1.1.
T Gowthami: The device will get but I am not sure about the date.
T Gowthami: Is there any thing else may I assist you with?
Yash Goyal: Z play will get 7.1.1?
Yash Goyal: ?
T Gowthami: Yes, It will get but I am not sure about the date.

Cheers!:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170414-124209.png
    Screenshot_20170414-124209.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,300

MrWilsonxD

May 1, 2016
Awesome! This is good news!! my second day with the device, I am really satisfied with it! And Motorola seems to be doing moderately frequent updates!

It's strange, the budget phone got 7.1.1 before us o.o

MrWilsonxD

May 1, 2016
There are some sites saying that it is capable of android 8 update!
Those are likely to be the same sites that said with absolutely certainty the s8 will come with 8 gigabytes of ram, a 45MegaPixel Camera, and the ability to phase through matter.

I remember there were several sites that stated the Samsung note pro had received (touchwiz) marshmallow about a year ago.. Which is just totally false.

If we're still on 7.0 and Lenovo is ruining the show, I find that a little hard to believe considering I haven't even seen any lineage 15 for devices like the oneplus 3, pixel, or nexus 6p yet..

But who knows! I could, and would be happy to be proven wrong! :laugh:

Reactions: Greamos

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
Those are likely to be the same sites that said with absolutely certainty the s8 will come with 8 gigabytes of ram, a 45MegaPixel Camera, and the ability to phase through matter.

I remember there were several sites that stated the Samsung note pro had received (touchwiz) marshmallow about a year ago.. Which is just totally false.

If we're still on 7.0 and Lenovo is ruining the show, I find that a little hard to believe considering I haven't even seen any lineage 15 for devices like the oneplus 3, pixel, or nexus 6p yet..

But who knows! I could, and would be happy to be proven wrong! :laugh:
Lineage 15 will be Android O. There is a Lineage OS based 7.1.2 ROM in the OnePlus 3/3T cross development section.

SnoopDoge

Oct 31, 2016
Amman
Moto G
Moto G4 Plus

Yash Goyal: can you tell me which motorola devices are currently running Android 7.1.1
T Gowthami: I would like to inform you that currently Moto G4 plus device running with 7.1.1 .

moto g4 plus running 7.1.1? what kind of weed they're smoking? my phone didnt even get the March security update, i feel the motorola customer chat agents are guys living in their fantasies and provide whatever info they want

Yash24

Jan 22, 2015
Bilaspur
moto g4 plus running 7.1.1? what kind of weed they're smoking? my phone didnt even get the March security update, i feel the motorola customer chat agents are guys living in their fantasies and provide whatever info they want

Information for z play 7.1.1 is absolutely correct.
I had confirmed that news in Lenovo forums with Motp xpert
:good:

SnoopDoge

Oct 31, 2016
Amman
Moto G
Moto G4 Plus
i've had it enough with the incompetence of these "motorola support agents", really the same guy you talked to now saying the 7.1.1 is being rolled out for the g4 plus, and he doesn't even know about the march update being rolled out in Brazil

Attachments

• 7.1.1.png
    7.1.1.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 664
Reactions: tute123456

tag68

Nov 25, 2014
Moto G 2014
Moto X Play
They don't know the future. Nougat was announced for January. I'm glad they don't do everything they promise, but stop or delay release if problems arise. They may decide to distribute 8 instead of 7.1.1, if that update is easier to implement. Although they may currently plan to distribute 7.1.1. It does not matter what they plan on detail. Don't ask these questions. They make no sense. You may ask "are you planning to distribute major updates to Moto Z Play​?" and the answer is yes. Anything else may be honest, but prove wrong at a later time.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
I had confirmed that news in Lenovo forums with moto xpert
Guys in forums can give BS answers too.

While I suspect we probably will get 7.1.1, relying on info from manufacturer forums and chats as definite is likely to leave you disappointed some day. Press release from Lenovo is about the only thing you can 'probably' rely on - but even Moto left US Moto E 2 behind after doing that.

FreedFromDeath

Aug 23, 2014
Moto Support is there to give you support, not confirm or deny the existence of updates, they're just trying to do their job. If you've ever worked in any kind of customer support/service situation you'd know not to bother people with meaningless requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's no surprise to me, even the old Moto X got Nougat a few months back. It'd say we'll get a good 3 years of major updates and even thereafter the devs here are awesome and will make the impossible possible. It's always good choosing a Moto phone.
    Any news? Is Android 7.1.2 on the way to the Moto Z Play? Would be great.

Nope!
    It will receive Android 7.1.1 and will directly jump ​to Android 8.
    :good:
    Moto Support is there to give you support, not confirm or deny the existence of updates, they're just trying to do their job. If you've ever worked in any kind of customer support/service situation you'd know not to bother people with meaningless requests.
    They don't know the future. Nougat was announced for January. I'm glad they don't do everything they promise, but stop or delay release if problems arise. They may decide to distribute 8 instead of 7.1.1, if that update is easier to implement. Although they may currently plan to distribute 7.1.1. It does not matter what they plan on detail. Don't ask these questions. They make no sense. You may ask "are you planning to distribute major updates to Moto Z Play​?" and the answer is yes. Anything else may be honest, but prove wrong at a later time.