Moto Z Offgrid Battery

Search This thread
D

Darth

Just got this battery mod today. Already getting close to 6 hours screen on time with my setup and usage style, so I'm excited to see what I get with the pack now. :)

Also, I have big hands, and the phone feels better in my hand with the mod on. I'm not near as worried about dropping it now. I've always had Otterbox type cases, so the bulk in preferred. Though it's not that bulky really. At least to me.

Very pleased so far. And haven't even tested battery longevity yet. Lol

Edit: For my usage and setup, I was getting 6 hours screen on time on my Z, and with the battery mod, I get 9 to 9.5 now. Very pleased! :)

Last edited:

theleleo

Jul 14, 2016
Belo Horizonte
question about led

People,

All of you get a very little bright LED between the speaker and frontal camera LED when the incipio mod is plugged in? When the mod is removed the light goes out.

swejuggalo

May 15, 2012
Kalmar
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
People,

All of you get a very little bright LED between the speaker and frontal camera LED when the incipio mod is plugged in? When the mod is removed the light goes out.
Not using stock rom? Some ROMs enable a led for notifications, chargelight and stuff. Search for ”light" in settings and you should see everything related to light.
The light in it self can disturb the auto brightness function of the screen. Since its not enabled in stock rom it's probably there for testing and should not be used.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

theleleo

Jul 14, 2016
Belo Horizonte
Not using stock rom? Some ROMs enable a led for notifications, chargelight and stuff. Search for ”light" in settings and you should see everything related to light.

Thx for the quicky answer, Swejuggalo.
I bought a Moto Z with battery and sound mods, tested a few (still using my "old" S7 Edge) and flashed Crdroid from Vache. I didn't take notice about this notification LED at stock rom, when I first plugged incipio battery mod after Crdroid I saw it.

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
I bought a Moto Z with battery and sound mods, tested a few (still using my "old" S7 Edge) and flashed Crdroid from Vache. I didn't take notice about this notification LED at stock rom, when I first plugged incipio battery mod after Crdroid I saw it.

The LED is not used on stock ROM. :)

You can disable it in ROM settings. It is enable when mod is connected cause OS thinks it's a charging source, like your power adapter.

swejuggalo

May 15, 2012
Kalmar
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
You are better of with that led disabled since it can disturb screen auto brightness function.

D

Darth

Would be super annoying to me to have a light going on and off. :eek:

Definitely no light on mine, on Stock N.

theleleo

Jul 14, 2016
Belo Horizonte
You are better of with that led disabled since it can disturb screen auto brightness function.

I hate auto screen brightness function, it's waaaaaaay better to swype my finger along the statusbar to adapt (at least in Crdroid from Vache I have this....)
This little LED is really low brightness? It doesn't bother me even in total darkness.

Can I configure this LED for notifications too? Like whatsapp, facebook, etc?

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

The LED is not used on stock ROM. :)

You can disable it in ROM settings. It is enable when mod is connected cause OS thinks it's a charging source, like your power adapter.

noooooo! I don't wanna disable this LED, I wanna for notifications, not only for charging. Do you have any suggestions?

beatschubser

Feb 7, 2014
Munich
Has the Incipio Offgrid Wireless-Mod been discontinued? There's no way to find it in Germany or import it, even on ebay.com you can only find the white version, black is sold out everywhere. So frustrating.

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Has the Incipio Offgrid Wireless-Mod been discontinued? There's no way to find it in Germany or import it, even on ebay.com you can only find the white version, black is sold out everywhere. So frustrating.

It's a bit pricey, but it's available at Amazon...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170505-015118.jpg
    Screenshot_20170505-015118.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 404
D

Darth

On Amazon.ca, I could only get the non-wireless charging black version. Still love it though! :good:

derdjango

Feb 6, 2015
Cologne
Just got the regular Z with the mod. Do you leave yours on all the time? And when do you charge?
Kind of a bummer that it only charges with the phone on. Plus it charges so slowly​ :rolleyes:

cushcalc

Battery mods

Have you had any issues with your Incipio battery mod? Is it still holding the insanely long charging time you stated? I have my Moto Z coming Thursday and I am trying to decide which all to buy. I will surely get one of these. Do you still use yours? If not, perhaps sell it to me, via Swappa? Just throw it in the boneyard and shoot me a link and we'll work out a good fair price.

As for Tempered glass screens, do you happen to have any you'd recommend? I, like everyone out there, prefers a full or as close to full screen coverage as possible. Depending upon my previous devices, different brands are better than others. Thought maybe you could offer some insight.

Thanks!

I don't use the Incipio battery every day, because I like the thin phone by itself, in a clear TPU case. But any time I am going out with family or friends on a day trip, I will use the Incipio battery so I don't have to worry about charging. So, it doesn't last 4 times as long, but certainly goes all day easily when using the 80% setting.

I also have the Tumi battery mod with wireless charging. It looks almost the same as the Incipio, but has a slick surface rather than the soft touch of the Incipio (which I prefer). I don't use it very much. I would be happy to sell you that one. The advantage of it is that you can charge it on a QI pad separate from the phone.

D

Darth

Have you had any issues with your Incipio battery mod? Is it still holding the insanely long charging time you stated? I have my Moto Z coming Thursday and I am trying to decide which all to buy. I will surely get one of these. Do you still use yours? If not, perhaps sell it to me, via Swappa? Just throw it in the boneyard and shoot me a link and we'll work out a good fair price.

As for Tempered glass screens, do you happen to have any you'd recommend? I, like everyone out there, prefers a full or as close to full screen coverage as possible. Depending upon my previous devices, different brands are better than others. Thought maybe you could offer some insight.

Thanks!
I use mine almost daily. I watch Netflix and stuff too, so I make sure the phone and battery are both charged at some point during the day, to be prepared, since I can't charge and plug in headphones, which I generally use.

Or I charge over night. Usually I leave the fully charged incipio off until I need it. (turbo charging the phone to 100% before putting the pack on.) And use a case with holster when the mod is off. With the mod, I put the oem bumper on. Otherwise I get a lot of screen presses by my hand reaching to type. Need those raised edges always, for me.

Love the pack, without it I get 5 to 6 hours SoT, with my usage and setup, with it I get 8 or 9ish.

Definitely money well spent anyway. :good:

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Okay so finally after a month and a half, Amazon didn't deliver - they were unable to give a new shipment date. As I was looking on eBay listings (for the regular one without the wireless charging) I checked one more time what is the current price on Amazon and to my surprise I saw an for the one with wireless charging showing as currently in stock (only 2 items ). Needles to say I cancelled my older order and put a new one. Today it arrived guess I was really lucky!

That remains to be seen, as at the moment the mod is a bit finicky - I'm charging with the turbo power adapter. If I leave the phone to itself, it starts after some time to rapidly disconnect and connect the mod by itself, until in the end it totally disconnects it. However if I'm using the phone as at the moment (so far) it seems to behave properly ... To be investigated

Reactions: Xorcia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why do you say use only in efficiency mode? Any problem with regualr mode?
    Not problems BUT it isn't "hinted"... for two main reasons:
    - efficiency trying to charge to 100% is way worse than mantain (or charge to) 80%... so you'll have a worse total battery time...
    Trying to made a chart of efficiency, mantain 80% is better than charging to 80% that is better than charging to 100%...

- on LiIon batteries the 80%->100% charging is the most "desctructive" in battery life terms... so you should *ever* limit 100% charging to only when needed... (especially with not removable battery devices like Z...). Having installed a MOD continuosly trying to push it to full charge could be *really* a BAD idea... :rolleyes:

About this I can hint you to use Accubattery app that is not only a great monitoring app, but it is great to teach on how to preserve (on scientific basis...) your battery life too... ;)
    I just picked on of these up. I love it so far but I really wish they made a case to go on the phone with the battery mod on. Or do they? I can't seem to find one. Anyone have a link? Thank you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    If someone still want to know this : https://www.incipio.com/cases/smart...roid-cases/moto-z-droid-co-molded-bumper.html

Best available option with mods as far as I know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    read the thread while waiting for my battery mod to be delivered from ebay to Russia..
    I get 4.5 hours of SOT without battery mod and cant wait to test this mod!
    You'll like it! Use *only* in efficiency mode. ;)
    thank for the great insight! So your saying, in efficiency mode, the Battery pack will charge the phone only upto 80% and stop right?
    Right. Then it "throttle charge" it to mantain 80% only when needed...
    Turning on and off charge at 80% most likely creates gaps in some stats since the phone does not see a difference from external charge compared to mod charge.