Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [griffin]

2,947 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,181

By Somcom3X, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 29th May 2017, 11:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads:
Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Moto Z

Contributors
Somcom3X
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader

Version Information

Created 2017-05-30
Last Updated 2017-05-29
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Somcom3X For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th May 2017, 01:24 AM |#2  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Does this rom support moto mods?
30th May 2017, 02:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
wow,new rom can i use the efficiency mod?This is the reason that hinders me from using custom ROM
31st May 2017, 05:28 AM |#4  
Flag Hialeah
Thanks Meter: 9

More
moto mod support or what? i relly need a rom that support all moto mods
The Following User Says Thank You to britoskates For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift britoskates Ad-Free
8th June 2017, 10:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by britoskates

moto mod support or what? i relly need a rom that support all moto mods

+1
9th June 2017, 12:05 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Metro Detroit

Donate to Me
More
Why not flash the ROM and find out? Battery mod works for me.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Somcom3X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2017, 01:48 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somcom3X

Why not flash the ROM and find out? Battery mod works for me.

I don't have a moto mod yet, I'm waiting until the keyboard mod will be shipped in August. I just got my Moto Z but I'd like to already use a compatible custom ROM. I'd just like to be prepared when the keyboard mod arrives.
9th June 2017, 04:59 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Metro Detroit

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shani Ace

I don't have a moto mod yet, I'm waiting until the keyboard mod will be shipped in August. I just got my Moto Z but I'd like to already use a compatible custom ROM. I'd just like to be prepared when the keyboard mod arrives.

I legit have no way of testing it to make sure it works if it hasn't come out yet .
Should be a basic fix anyway.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk
9th June 2017, 03:48 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somcom3X

I legit have no way of testing it to make sure it works if it hasn't come out yet .
Should be a basic fix anyway.

Sorry, I assumed that all moto mods run on the same platform/driver, so that when one moto mod is working with it, all (future) moto mods should be supported.
Apparently that's not the case, but glad to hear it would be a basic fix.
9th June 2017, 04:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i cant go in the web site and this rom support jbl mod ?
9th June 2017, 07:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
no jbl speaker mod dont work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)