Android Nougat on Moto Z (All Unlocked Versions)

Search This thread

lilloscar

Feb 8, 2012
Chihuahua, Mx.
Sorry about your first post I didn't noticed that

But It's not big deal to flash modem and fsg on your phone
I don't think it's gonna mess with hardware part
I don't have RETUS device in my hands, but you can test it as you said, I'm 99.9% sure it's working but if anything goes wrong you can go back to factory firmware whenever you want

If you installed it please Share your experience with us

Thanks
My data worked normally after flashing this Rom but now it isn't, I have searched and nothing founded on how can I fix data network and get it working again.

Exclamation sign:
dc1b7a8d1c1734c761991d14986d9e3a.jpg

Data always in opaque without any data transfer:
0991f25a52e2f68f26cfb7d3e3d5c032.jpg

Does you know what could it be?

Thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bert269

Account currently disabled
Jul 17, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Maybe you should try to flash the RETMX firmware instead form the OP. Although there is a strikeline through the downloads - it still works - I downloaded it earlier today.
That is scary and Makes me not to flash this rom. As this is the only phone I have.
Good luck - let me know what you do and what is the result, please.

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io
Yes, the first working APN's stop working later, then I configure it manually (googled) and automatically by the operator and nothing, I just installed other rom (AOKP) and worked again, but I don't like that kind of rooms, I am going to install this again, or did you know other good stock based Marshmallow one?

Thanks
Have you tried wiping data partition?

bert269

Account currently disabled
Jul 17, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!...THANK YOU!
This worked GREAT.
For all the RETUS users out there (I am on T-Mobile) and just flashed this rom (in OP) on my Unlocked, phh rooted, XT1650-03 device.

Yes, I had a couple of glitches, but not too much.
First - be sure you are on ADB v1.32(at least) - I was on 1.31 and it complained during the last two steps (ADB sideload Kernel & Superuser) - but I did it a couple of times and it went through! First the kernel flash would just fail...I tried twice. Then I flashed the Superuser - it worked, came back and flashed the kernel - this time it worked. And then I flashed the Superuser again.

Last edited:
Reactions: erfanoabdi

D13H4RD2L1V3

Mar 23, 2015
I don't recommend it.

RSD will flash the entire package including the bootloader.

It's more than likely that it'll flash the new bootloader, causing you to lose your downgrade chance. Worst case scenario, because the software was designed for a different region, you may experience some issues.

The best way is to follow the steps in the OP exactly. You may be able to modify the package so RSD won't flash the bootloader, but it's still best to follow the instructions in the OP exactly just to be safe.

lilloscar

Feb 8, 2012
Chihuahua, Mx.
I have been using this Rom for some months, and there is not any battery or stability issues, so comfortable to be here ?

ryanwv24

Oct 29, 2010
Charleston
Had this working for months and needed to wipe so I did a factory reset and all my phone does is boot to twrp

I tried this process again and all goes good or so it seems but just boots to twrp

I tried a restore from my backup from twrp and get all the way done and it fails on "unable to wipe Fsg."

Above there is a bunch of red failed:
Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto foooter
Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
Unable to recreate /data/media folder
Failed to mount'/cache' (invalid argument)
failed to mount'/system'(invalid argument)
Failed to mount storage
failed to mount'/data'(invalid argument)
failed to mount'/cache'(invalid argument)
failed to mount'/data/media/twrp'(invalid argument)
unable to wipe fsg.

any ideas? right now just a brick here. i have tried flashing roms from twrp and still just boot to twrp

lilloscar

Feb 8, 2012
Chihuahua, Mx.
Had this working for months and needed to wipe so I did a factory reset and all my phone does is boot to twrp

I tried this process again and all goes good or so it seems but just boots to twrp

I tried a restore from my backup from twrp and get all the way done and it fails on "unable to wipe Fsg."

Failed to mount storage
unable to wipe fsg.

any ideas? right now just a brick here. i have tried flashing roms from twrp and still just boot to twrp

Something like this happen to me time ago, when try to start the device it just starts on TWRP... I fixed reinstalling all the rom like is mention in the main post via fastboot without wiping anything, then my phone started OK and with all my data and all the configurations.

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io

Failed to mount storage
unable to wipe fsg.

What TWRP you are using?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Mar 23, 2015
I have been using this Rom for some months, and there is not any battery or stability issues, so comfortable to be here

The TELUS or the RETMX build?

I've been using the RETMX build since January. Little to complain about. Only real issue is that the 2 HP cores park after a while and stubbornly refuse to unpark until the device is rebooted.

Not much of a performance hit, but my OCD hates that.

Kinda skeptical on flashing the TELUS build since I've heard someone had radio issues. Hmmmm, I'll probably wait until a new build of Android arrives, since I'll probably flash that custom kernel too as I'll be wiping it via fastboot anyway.

lilloscar

Feb 8, 2012
Chihuahua, Mx.
I use TELUS and I was the one complaining for radio issues here before, but just after a while using the Rom, thought it was because I installed some apps with root privileges and something could go wrong..

Now I'm a little bit more worry and I can say that until now it stills being a really good version, saying just in case if you install a new Rom ?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Mar 23, 2015
I use TELUS and I was the one complaining for radio issues here before, but just after a while using the Rom, thought it was because I installed some apps with root privileges and something could go wrong..

Now I'm a little bit more worry and I can say that until now it stills being a really good version, saying just in case if you install a new Rom

Interesting.

Still rather skeptical, though.

Reactions: lilloscar

britoskates

Jan 5, 2010
Hialeah

Failed to mount storage
unable to wipe fsg.

same thing is happening to me. ever get it fixed?

Top Liked Posts