Ram management

Search This thread

HelloMoto777

Nov 16, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm running fully stock latest nougat software, and I seem to have an issue with the phones ram management, using the dev check app I see that even when there are no apps running I only get around 1500 megabytes of ram available out of 3780, which seems inappropriate, since this phone is running pure Android. Would be nice to know if anyone else is having the same issue, and if so, are there any suggestions on how to solve it:confused:

D

Deleted member 5862960

Same, my RAM is filled up to 2.7-3.2 GB usually, with not too many apps installed. But I guess it just caches a lot and frees those caches once you actually need the ram

Hi everyone, I'm running fully stock latest nougat software, and I seem to have an issue with the phones ram management, using the dev check app I see that even when there are no apps running I only get around 1500 megabytes of ram available out of 3780, which seems inappropriate, since this phone is running pure Android. Would be nice to know if anyone else is having the same issue, and if so, are there any suggestions on how to solve it:confused:

rvinturis

Apr 20, 2007
I have motor z with unlocked bootloader, stock rom 7.0, added some app , now used ram indicated in settings are 1.8 from 3.7 . It's litlle high , but the reffernce ia for last 3 hours. Not in real time.

Last edited:

tjk639

Jul 14, 2010
Lansing
This is fairly normal with Android, and linux in general. MOst of your RAM usage is coming from caching.

To get a better feel for this, you would want to go to developers options > running services.

If we take mine for example:

Settings > RAM says 2.3GB in a 3 hour period.

If I look in that developer option:

1.5GB is dedicated to the System
865MB for APPS
Which gives me 1.3GB Free

If I move over to the Cached portion I see that 872MB is being used for cached processes.