FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Official]Moto Z Receiving 7.1.1 Update!!

634 posts
Thanks Meter: 211

By Yash24, Account currently disabled on 12th June 2017, 03:00 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
19th July 2017, 02:07 PM |#21  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Can it be manually installed on channels other than retapac WITHOUT unlocked bootloader? I am with reteu.
19th July 2017, 02:40 PM |#22  
Recognized Developer
Flag Famagusta
Thanks Meter: 2,808

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maheshwara

Can it be manually installed on channels other than retapac WITHOUT unlocked bootloader? I am with reteu.

not sure, but i guess yes you can sideload it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtJA

I have the knowledge that the channel no longer changes by installing the rom from another channel. The channel seems to be recorded on the card / IMEI, something like that.
The update is being released in lots here in Brazil, I do not know why but I always receive the updates almost 1 week after the first reports. I am very anxious and I always like the news. I used a lot of Custom Rom in my old Galaxy S3 kkkkk. Ah, your OTA download tool is not downloading on Android, By Chrome Stable it starts downloading but soon pauses, and stays pausing whenever I put it to continue, already by Firefox the download does not start.
By: Google Translate. Kkk

sorry i just extracted the zip it doesn't have aboot (bootloader) your channel may not change after sideloading
my tool just extract ota link from moto servers not sure why you can't download, it's OK on mine
try this (direct link) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545583001
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erfanoabdi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2017, 02:59 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
So could I sideload this retapac 7.1.1 update on my rcica? It's completely stock right now.
19th July 2017, 03:05 PM |#24  
Flag Frankfurt

More
Same question from my part. CAN it be sideloaded with other software channel and fully stock without any modifications yet and if yes, how?
19th July 2017, 03:40 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaiux

So could I sideload this retapac 7.1.1 update on my rcica? It's completely stock right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maheshwara

Same question from my part. CAN it be sideloaded with other software channel and fully stock without any modifications yet and if yes, how?

Software channel doesn't dictate what can and can't be installed. Unless of course, you're on Verizon.

You can sideload this without having to unlock the bootloader. Again, not on Verizon though.

adb sideload Blur_Version.26.51.19.griffin.retail.en.US.zip

here's a mirror of the zip: https://mega.nz/#!TExVXYqB!Eh1ECgoQv...JiUUJibuIOY1dE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timster01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift timster01 Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 05:11 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timster01

Software channel doesn't dictate what can and can't be installed. Unless of course, you're on Verizon.

You can sideload this without having to unlock the bootloader. Again, not on Verizon though.

adb sideload Blur_Version.26.51.19.griffin.retail.en.US.zip

here's a mirror of the zip: https://mega.nz/#!TExVXYqB!Eh1ECgoQv...JiUUJibuIOY1dE

Well, I just tried, and it says error: closed. The device shows up under adb devices, but it doesn't let me sideload the OTA.
19th July 2017, 05:16 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaiux

Well, I just tried, and it says error: closed. The device shows up under adb devices, but it doesn't let me sideload the OTA.

you have to do this via recovery...

1. boot into bootloader
2. choose "Recovery Mode"
3. there should be displayed "no command" ... press power button, hold it short, press volume up, release both
4. select "apply update from adb"
5. connect to pc and execute "adb sideload update.zip" (where update.zip is your OTA file)
The Following User Says Thank You to sp4rt4n-i17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sp4rt4n-i17 Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 05:20 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rt4n-i17

1. boot into bootloader
3. there should be displayed "no command" ... press power button, hold it short, press volume up, release both
5. connect to pc and execute "adb sideload update.zip" (where update.zip is your OTA file)

Yeah, I just found that key combo to get an actual recovery menu. Thanks
19th July 2017, 05:20 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Applied on my reteu moto z, so far it's good

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
19th July 2017, 05:55 PM |#30  
Flag Frankfurt

More
@lanyao1920
Do you have Dual or Single SIM Moto Z? I am with reteu, too, and not sure, if this OTA can be applied to both versions...
19th July 2017, 06:00 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rt4n-i17

1. boot into bootloader

Hi, I have an unlocked bootloader with TWRP recovery ... adb sideload tells me can't read 'update.zip' (sure it is there) device is also listed ...
what options do I have please ?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread