FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Moto display ''breathing'' solution

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By tsoump, Member on 30th October 2018, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

It's been a long time that I'm trying to find a solution with the notification issue that we all moto users have. I tried third party applications such as noLED, dynamic notifications, notifications manager, acDisplay etc but nothing gave me back the satisfaction of the simplicity of moto display that were breathing. As everyone knows Motorola - Lenovo decided to completely remove the option of breathing/pulsing the notification screen which means that there is no way to be informed except for waving the hand over the screen.
The funniest part of the whole story is that while you open the moto display app, you find a guide inside which in the first says to you '' Battery friendly notifications fade in and out so you 're always in the know''. It might be a good idea to inform motorola somehow to make a decision because she feels significantly confused about that.
So, trying to find a solution, I'm asking if there is any one of you who find a way to make the notifications ''be repeated''. The other two things that I thought is to find an old version of moto display that had the breathing mode enabled or to modify the script of the updated version.

I wish not to be alone to that golgotha!

Thank you

EDIT: Looking for root testers. The .apk file is in post #3.
The Following User Says Thank You to tsoump For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tsoump Ad-Free
23rd November 2018, 10:51 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
I need some root testers for a modified MotoDisplay.apk version by me.
I edited the code of the apk and I made a try to enable the ''breathing'' option in the main menu of Moto>Display> ''new tool''.
27th November 2018, 10:59 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
This is my first trial MotoDisplay.apk. I hope to have appeared a new setting in Moto Display settings where you can enable the breathing mode. It is based on the Moto_Display_06.071.4_.apk update.
Need some root testers to install the app. (rename the MotoDisplay_tsoump_trial_1.apk to MotoDisplay.apk and replace it to system/priv-app/MotoDisplay/ )
I have tried so much to find a way to install a system .apk without root, but I couldn't. This is why I'm looking for root testers.
I'm looking forward to respondig me!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: apk MotoDisplay_tsoump_trial_1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.52 MB, 272 views)
29th November 2018, 08:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoump

This is my first trial MotoDisplay.apk. I hope to have appeared a new setting in Moto Display settings where you can enable the breathing mode. It is based on the Moto_Display_06.071.4_.apk update.
Need some root testers to install the app. (rename the MotoDisplay_tsoump_trial_1.apk to MotoDisplay.apk and replace it to system/priv-app/MotoDisplay/ )
I have tried so much to find a way to install a system .apk without root, but I couldn't. This is why I'm looking for root testers.
I'm looking forward to respondig me!

Thanks in advance!

if you have unlocked bootloader you can boot to twrp and replace it
30th November 2018, 10:32 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trpsl

if you have unlocked bootloader you can boot to twrp and replace it

My problem is the warranty. I don't want to void it because someday I will face up the common problem with the battery drain.
Did anybody try the new .apk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)