Simple guide from Android 2.2 to latest KitKat 4.4.4 for Defy (MB525)

Search This thread

luisraf

Jan 6, 2015
defy_safewipe.zip isn't working on new builds http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=57316469#post57316469
TWRP Advance Wipe can be used as a safe wipe.

I am going to try it. Can I ignore the alert of supersu and root that gives me the twrp 2.6.3? I have root with superoneclick.
Inside advance wipe, Is not there a risk of delete the bootmenu and recovery? The wipes before or after new boostrap?
Thanks bro and sorry for so many questions.

Enviado desde mi mb520 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

androidtester80

Feb 4, 2011
Bucharest
I am going to try it. Can I ignore the alert of supersu and root that gives me the twrp 2.6.3? I have root with superoneclick.
Inside advance wipe, Is not there a risk of delete the bootmenu and recovery? The wipes before or after new boostrap?
Thanks bro and sorry for so many questions. Enviado desde mi mb520 usando Tapatalk 2
1. There are a lot of apps to check if you have root https://play.google.com/store/search?q=root%20checker&c=apps
If you don't have, use Framaroot
2. I don't think you have to use any "safe wipe", the system will be replaced by the new rom anyway. If you want, you can use advance wipe to delete Dalvik Cache, Cache, Android Secure.

Reactions: luisraf

roo^y

Aug 21, 2015
Testing

Yo AndroidTester, seen your name from the last couple of weeks I've been looking at the end of the KitKat CM11 thread. It's where i did my 1st post, but am too new to be allowed to post there again just yet :p
"I'm new to touchscreens, but I'm diving in, after being a linux enthusiast for a while. I put cyanogenmod 7.2 on a MB525 green lens. Very entertaining bootup & nice to see a terminal. Then I put MSGinger on a microsd, followed by fully installing (MB526), as my microsd was slow. MSGinger is pimped & has a great input for SMS (i believe it's 'moto smart handwriting')
Now I've tried this kitkat CM11, build 19Aug15 on a MB525 red lense (without gapps). Flicking through menu & settings was normal, & the only lag was at the initial setup options, which isn't unusual for during 1st boot.
This phone isn't hardware "chipped" to the 850MHz 3G frequency I usually use, so I would've liked the traditional 3G only/2G only options, rather than just 3G preferred/2G preferred. I started in a small city & believe I saw "3G" data transfer ..long story short, turns out my telco has started also using 900MHz in some places (where 4G has been rolled out), so this rom didn't magically turn the phone into a 3G quad-band!
It took 2 reboots after using the base-band switcher, to get signal again
All above installed from microsd (yet to have to usb tether to a PC to flash anything)
Thanks Quartz, all devs & testers"
..whether i repost this again, thanks again!
*edit* On these defy & defy+, I've only ever seen the bootloader as version 09.10

Last edited:

Bondiee

Jul 15, 2016
zzzzzz.. First time I tryed the update, I got the cm 11-2014 working.. But wanted to try an do cm 11-2016, so tryed to update boostrap an rezice for the secound time now, after finelly coming back on the stage.

Got both flashed, but when I tryed flashing the cm 11-2016 it didn't want to flash at all, and after flashing the first two it said that I should reboot, but then it also says "are you sure, no OS".

. Then eventuelly it shut down and I had to get the phone into stock ROM again lol.. Wtf are I'm doing wrong, that can't get the rom updated-.-

--------------------------------------------

Finelly got the cm 20-14 rom updating and into the phone.. Stopping here for now, until I figur out why the boostrap and rezice ****s up everything, so i can't update to cm-20-16 or anything after.. And have to unbrick phone again. Maby cause im using other sbf file at the beginning, but used some that i found that worked. And it worked enuf, for me to get atleast cm 11 into the phone:p Enuf strugling for now-,-

Last edited:

YeshYyyK

Mar 30, 2017
Question: Does Froyo(2.2) have an option for enabling non-market apps. I used a 2.1 sbf, and I also can't charge since I can't install any CM(since I can't get TWRP/2nd init). I know about hotwiring, and stuff, but I'd rather not do that again...

Top Liked Posts