FORUMS

My list of compiled Roms for Motorola Xoom

204 posts
Thanks Meter: 359

By Manuellama, Senior Member on 6th May 2017, 10:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the forum for the roms I compile for Motorola Xoom.
I have nicknamed these future roms Moto-Rola for personal reasons. xD
I will try to make them faster and put some cute things on them, even if I start with KitKat versions.
As you all know, I am currently using some of Schischu's sources, I am just following his hard work and making it available for everyone.

This first rom is the Cyanogenmod 11 version for Motorola Xoom Wingray you already know.
I will compile next the Everest version, you will have to try it for me if I am able to do it. I do not have the everest version of the Motorola Xoom so...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1fxrnv2ce...SvMMpXC-a?dl=0
Here are the links (up here) It is a dropbox folder with everything you need.

TWRP 3.0.1 recovery with sdcard support.
CM11 for wingray
Open gapps Kitkat pico version
Open gapps Kitkat nano version
Supersu.
Omnirom 4.4.4.
Thank you for your support!

XDA:DevDB Information
Moto-Rola ROMS, ROM for the Motorola Xoom

Contributors
Manuellama
Source Code: https://github.com/Manuellama/androi....4/default.xml

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Firmware Required: BigParted Recovery
Based On: CyanogenMod 11

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 4.4.4
Stable Release Date: 2017-05-06

Created 2017-05-06
Last Updated 2018-01-20
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Manuellama For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Manuellama Ad-Free
7th May 2017, 08:36 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Guys with wingray should tell us if they encounter problems. I have the everest, and can't try this.
7th May 2017, 11:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am grabbing this to try and get my winray going for the young bloke. I'll report back

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

loaded up fine.. but I didn't do the google account or anything as I figured I'd have to get the "fixed" apk for google play services - but installed version is 11.0.38 - I'll do a factory reset and try a full setup
The Following User Says Thank You to RaZz0Raus1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaZz0Raus1980 Ad-Free
7th May 2017, 12:48 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It works ok with the gapps included in the folder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Manuellama For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Manuellama Ad-Free
7th May 2017, 01:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZz0Raus1980;72197561[/COLOR

loaded up fine.. but I didn't do the google account or anything as I figured I'd have to get the "fixed" apk for google play services - but installed version is 11.0.38 - I'll do a factory reset and try a full setup

What is this fixed apk that you are talking about please?

My Xoom is getting some gaaps stopped, google services stopped, etc that is driving me insane.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZz0Raus1980

I am grabbing this to try and get my winray going for the young bloke. I'll report back

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuellama

It works ok with the gapps included in the folder.

FWIW:

Manuellama you are a legend.

I installed these gaaps after a reinstall of cm11 and it does work great indeed. No more stopped services bull***

Thank you so much. I was so upset about loosing my Xoom. I have an Nvidia shield k1 but the Xoom is still a great device to have around.
The Following User Says Thank You to munecito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munecito Ad-Free
7th May 2017, 03:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munecito

What is this fixed apk that you are talking about please?
My Xoom is getting some gaaps stopped, google services stopped, etc that is driving me insane

Yep - flashed those files and seems 100% perrrrfect
7th May 2017, 04:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi guys, thanks for the new build!

I would like a question, do I have to follow the procedures to in "BigPart Repartition Upgrade and Resource Center by realjumy" to format for bigpart?

I have a xoom GEDfied - It had a google official release. I am not sure if it was a UMTS or CDMA device before - it has a simcard slot.

I have tried the big part process many times and with no success - in the end, when flashing the CM 11 image, it says it is not a big part device... Is it because I am using wingray images?

Thanks very much!
8th May 2017, 01:51 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
In the dropbox folder there is a recovery you can flash, TWRP 3.0.1. with sdcard support...I suppose you need the bigpart thing to flash it.

But here it is how they did it for bigpart.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2506997
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manuellama For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Manuellama Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 12:29 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuellama

In the dropbox folder there is a recovery you can flash, TWRP 3.0.1. with sdcard support...I suppose you need the bigpart thing to flash it.

But here it is how they did it for bigpart.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2506997

Yeah, I have already tried that tutorial (like 10 times) for bigpart, no success.
Maybe it is something with my hardware (I am not sure if it is gsm, cdma or wifi) - everybuild I try says I don't have bigpart partitioning.

I will wait for an everest build
The Following User Says Thank You to jubarim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jubarim Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 12:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubarim

Yeah, I have already tried that tutorial (like 10 times) for bigpart, no success.
Maybe it is something with my hardware (I am not sure if it is gsm, cdma or wifi) - everybuild I try says I don't have bigpart partitioning.

I will wait for an everest build

The easier way to know what variant is your Xoom is to check the model number at the back.

The problem you are going to have with most of the late builds is that they need big partition. So you need to find the easy to partition your tablet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munecito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munecito Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 12:41 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munecito

The easier way to know what variant is your Xoom is to check the model number at the back.

The problem you are going to have with most of the late builds is that they need big partition. So you need to find the easy to partition your tablet.

I will attach a picture here, I have not found the variant, I guess it is a prototype unit.

Yeah, bigpart is necessary...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)