[Q] Xoom wiil not Fastboot

Search This thread

dbos2011

Dec 11, 2011
Think I might have bricked my xoom after ROM update. Will not boot and will not turn off.
I can not get int Fastboot: Starting Fastboot protocol support. then nothing happens.
I can start android recovery
Any ideas - or am i bricked :(

iskip2sk8

Sep 29, 2010
Fastboot: Starting Fastboot protocol support. then nothing happens.

This means you are in fastboot. try running 'fastboot devices' on the computer the xoom is connected to, to see if your device is listed

you should see something like below if your xoom is communicating over the fastboot protocol correctly

Code:
fastboot devices
1234567890	fastboot

Reactions: dbos2011

dbos2011

Dec 11, 2011
This means you are in fastboot. try running 'fastboot devices' on the computer the xoom is connected to, to see if your device is listed

you should see something like below if your xoom is communicating over the fastboot protocol correctly

Code:
fastboot devices
1234567890	fastboot

No connection to the PC.
Have been jumping through many hoops. I found an old backup.zip that after many tries was able to run. After that I was able to use fastboot in the normal way. My xoom is up and running again. Waiting for goo.im to come back so I can get the lastest ROM.

Thanks for your reply:laugh:

dbos2011

Dec 11, 2011
My xoom is doing all the same things, except I have no recovery. Flashing it through fastboot suceeds but has no effect. Recovery is required to use an update.zip right?

Thought I had i done, but no:crying:
The Xoom is now completely Stock with the last update installed. The Xoom is working normally, with one major exception.
I cannot start fastboot or recovery:p This meas I can not root my xoom :crying::crying::crying:
As soon as I try to start fastboot the USB connection is lost and the Xoom shows a dead android on its back with the red triangle on top.

Any suggestions:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fastboot: Starting Fastboot protocol support. then nothing happens.

Code:
    fastboot devices
    1234567890	fastboot