FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][EOL][CARBON][KK 4.4.4] CarbonROM (MT4GS)

2,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,381
 
Thread Closed Email Thread
hLe Storm ROM 4.4.4

Looks like I graduated from ArchiKitchen, now compiling from source and I may be on to something here. But first...

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 *
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
 * YOU acknowledge you are doing so at your own risk.
 */
Now that that's out of the way, hLe Storm (pronounced "hailstorm") 4.4.4 is a build of CarbonROM, using the kernel from @Emmanuel U (among advice), and device identity and other projects from Team KitKatDS. As CarbonROM is EOL (end-of-life) as of April 5th (or earlier), some commits have been taken/"cherry picked" from CyanogenMod 11 source.

SCREENSHOTS:


WHAT WORKS:
  • Powers on
  • Phone calls
  • SMS and (after using the busybox trick) MMS
  • Mobile Data (HSPA detected with my carrier)
  • Wifi
  • Google Play
  • GPS, based on GPS Status & Toolbox
  • Camera via UCam app, also now stock and Google Camera
  • Torch
  • Needs further testing

WHAT DOES NOT WORK:
  • Camcorder in stock app records nothing
  • Probably the same for any replacement Camcorder app (encountered this problem earlier this month)
  • No detail in the Google Search bar with the default launcher (search and voice search still work, just need to tap blindly)
  • You tell me...

TODO:
  • Continue to extensively test current functionality.
  • Suggestions?

DOWNLOAD:

GAPPS:


INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Download ROM above, and your favourite GApps package
  • Save/push files to your External SD card (preferably in the root folder where you can find it later)
  • Reboot into recovery ("adb reboot recovery")
  • Nandroid/Back up device (optional)
  • Wipe cache and data/factory reset
  • Install ROM and GApps
  • Wipe Dalvik cache
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy!

CREDITS:
  • Emmanuel U for the Ion Kernel and other repo fun
  • Team KitKatDS for the Device Tree and Vendor Info plus other goodies
  • TeamSXL
  • TeamHydra
  • SilverL
  • TBalden
  • thewisenerd
  • streambinder
  • galaxyfreak
  • CyanogenMod
  • CarbonDev


Did I miss anything? I appreciate the feedback, and any thanks as well!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][EOL][CARBON][KK 4.4.4] CarbonROM (MT4GS), ROM for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide

Contributors
joel.maxuel
Source Code: https://github.com/carbon-mt4gs

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Status: No Longer Updated
Beta Release Date: 2015-12-13

Created 2015-05-27
Last Updated 2016-08-28
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-09-16-53-53.png
Views:	4442
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	3254302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-09-16-54-24.png
Views:	4390
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	3254303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-09-16-55-13.png
Views:	4452
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	3254304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-03-25.png
Views:	4386
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	3254305  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OfficerJimLahey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OfficerJimLahey Ad-Free
 
 
9th April 2015, 10:59 PM |#2  
OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,381
 
Donate to Me
More
Red face Other Info...
Anyone looking to develop KitKat ROM's for the Doubleshot? This Local Manifest will give you a good start:

If looking to compile updated CarbonROM 4.4.4 for this device, you can start your build environment with:

Code:
mkdir carbon
cd carbon
repo init -u https://github.com/carbon-mt4gs/android.git -b kk && repo sync -f
Then continue all the build steps as normal.
10th April 2015, 01:36 AM |#3  
OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,381
 
Donate to Me
More
What looks to be the first problem I encountered...camera:

/proc/kmsg
logcat

Essentially (via logcat):
Code:
D/[UCAM]CameraHolder( 9650): Open camera 0
E/CameraService(  170): CameraService::connect X (pid 9650) rejected (invalid cameraId 0).
W/CameraBase( 9650): An error occurred while connecting to camera: 0
E/[UCAM]CameraHolder( 9650): Fail to connect Camera
E/[UCAM]CameraHolder( 9650): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service
...and kmsg:
Code:
<4>[ 2831.616455] ------------[ cut here ]------------
<4>[ 2831.616546] WARNING: at /home/joel/carbon/kernel/htc/doubleshot/fs/sysfs/dir.c:455 0xc02879d8()
<4>[ 2831.616668] sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/virtual/kgsl/kgsl/proc/9650'
<4>[ 2831.616821] Modules linked in:
<4>[ 2831.616943] Function entered at [<c010cc1c>] from [<c01940e0>]
<4>[ 2831.617034] Function entered at [<c01940e0>] from [<c0194218>]
<4>[ 2831.617156] Function entered at [<c0194218>] from [<c02879d8>]
<4>[ 2831.617218] Function entered at [<c02879d8>] from [<c0287ba0>]
<4>[ 2831.617370] Function entered at [<c0287ba0>] from [<c03c49c4>]
<4>[ 2831.617431] Function entered at [<c03c49c4>] from [<c03c51c0>]
<4>[ 2831.617553] Function entered at [<c03c51c0>] from [<c045c5f8>]
<4>[ 2831.617675] Function entered at [<c045c5f8>] from [<c0457cf4>]
<4>[ 2831.617767] Function entered at [<c0457cf4>] from [<c022c3c4>]
<4>[ 2831.617767] Function entered at [<c022c3c4>] from [<c02252d4>]
<4>[ 2831.617767] Function entered at [<c02252d4>] from [<c02265e0>]
<4>[ 2831.617767] Function entered at [<c02265e0>] from [<c0236c6c>]
<4>[ 2831.617767] Function entered at [<c0236c6c>] from [<c0238630>]
<4>[ 2831.617767] Function entered at [<c0238630>] from [<c0238d28>]
<4>[ 2831.617797] Function entered at [<c0238d28>] from [<c02266e4>]
<4>[ 2831.617797] Function entered at [<c02266e4>] from [<c0106c40>]
<4>[ 2831.617797] ---[ end trace debad88b1f20abd4 ]---
<3>[ 2831.617797] kobject_add_internal failed for 9650 with -EEXIST, don't try to register things with the same name in the same directory.
Well well well, I guess we cannot be perfect, and my work is far from done. Drat.

Guess I may have to commit this? EDIT: I did, and it made no difference.

Just for fun, I also have a logcat from bootup time. Namely of interest:

Code:
E/HAL     (  170): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.vendor.msm8660.so
E/HAL     (  170): dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android16CameraParameters15setPostviewSizeEii" referenced by "camera.vendor.msm8660.so"...
E/CameraWrapper(  170): failed to open vendor camera module
11th April 2015, 09:07 AM |#4  
tbalden's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 15,175
 
Donate to Me
More
you might need some legacy build parameters for htc camera callbackd, and maybe some patch in the camera header hw part so that the proprietary camera module could fit with the os. I think Emmanuel's repos will contain what you may need.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2015, 12:57 PM |#5  
OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,381
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbalden

you might need some legacy build parameters for htc camera callbackd, and maybe some patch in the camera header hw part so that the proprietary camera module could fit with the os. I think Emmanuel's repos will contain what you may need.

Have merged KitKatDS/android_frameworks_av with CarbonDev/android_frameworks_av into my github, hopefully that will work. I figured out the missing parameter, and see in CameraParameters.cpp that it's just a dummy function. But it turns out I needed more than just the function and the call to it. Luckily I could do an automatic merge (because I am not up for the manual way - yet).

Going to be a few more hours compiling before I can figure out if that worked (my poor dual-core PC is working hard ).

Eventually I want to get the CarbonDev commits into android_frameworks_native, but that will be a manual process (3 files to edit by hand) when I looked at the compare.

EDIT: Finished earlier than I thought. And a healthy camera init:

Code:
I/CameraService(  169): CameraService started (pid=169)
I/CameraService(  169): Loaded "MSM8660 Camera Wrapper" camera module
D/libEGL  (  252): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so
D/libEGL  (  252): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
D/libEGL  (  252): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:269>: EGL 1.4 QUALCOMM build: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.60.051_msm8960_JB_VANILLA_CL2997615_release_AU (CL2997615)
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Build Date: 04/11/13 Thu
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Local Branch: 
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Remote Branch: quic/mako_jb_mr1
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Local Patches: NONE
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Reconstruct Branch: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.60.051 +  NOTHING
E/cutils-trace(  252): Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
D/QualcommCameraHardwareZSL(  169): int android::HAL_getNumberOfCameras(),return how many camera 2


Torch now works as well, but when I open the stock Camera app (which is now there), I get "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." Strangely, works fine in UCam. IP Webcam works as well, but I tried a few camcorder apps out there and neither worked.

CLEANUP of old thoughts:

Bootup Logcat
Camera Logcat
Camera Kmsg

Camera Logcat is probably the most interesting here now:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 2454
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454): java.lang.RuntimeException: setParameters failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:1696)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
W/ActivityManager(  481):   Force finishing activity com.android.camera2/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher


Not sure what to try here except use the android_frameworks_av off KitKatDS, not CarbonDev's (that had the KitKatDS commits applied to it). I will work on that...compiling has started.

UPDATE: Still broken, logcat is showing the same error. Tried other cameras on this build (Google Camera), and close to the same result.

Camera logcat (Stock, Google ... *:E)

MORE: Realized an important flag was being set twice in the BoardConfigCommon.mk:
Code:
# Camera
BOARD_USES_QCOM_LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS := true
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DICS_CAMERA_BLOB -DNO_UPDATE_PREVIEW -DQCOM_BSP_CAMERA_ABI_HACK -DQCOM_LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS
BOARD_HAVE_HTC_FFC := true
TARGET_DISABLE_ARM_PIE := true
BOARD_NEEDS_MEMORYHEAPPMEM := true
USE_DEVICE_SPECIFIC_CAMERA := true
BOARD_USES_PMEM_CAMERA := true
I thought maybe LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS were cancelling each other out. Recompiled (without -DQCOM_LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS), No dice.

Latest Camera Logcat. Fatal exception at line 696.

Tried some commits against frameworks/native, still no go:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 2725
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725): java.lang.RuntimeException: setParameters failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:1696)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
I forgot which camera I used for the logcat on my thread post, but if it was the Carbon one, here is what is at line 298 of src/com/android/camera/AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:

Code:
                    case SET_FACE_DETECTION_LISTENER:
                        setFaceDetectionListener((FaceDetectionListener) msg.obj);
                        return;
So this may be the key. I tried a commit last night, but it didn;t do anything, trying a change to the Gallery2 app that disables the Face Detection on both cameras. We shall see how that goes...


So the latest change involving turning down face detection didn't work. Still getting the same error. A user on StackOverflow pointed out that what I was featuring from the logcat was secondary to the actual problem. That this is a more complete picture:

Code:
E/QualcommCameraHardwareZSL(  170): Invalid focus mode value: continuous-picture
E/QualcommCameraHardwareZSL(  170): virtual android::status_t android::QualcommCameraHardware::setParameters(const android::CameraParameters&): 6487, rc = -22
...
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 2700
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): java.lang.RuntimeException: setParameters failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:1696)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
So it was a parameters problem after all! I looked up continuous-picture in (my copy and KitKatDS's) frameworks_av and it is listed, and not hidden behind any #ifdef's. So it should pick up. I just don't know how to tackle this one at this point (if I ever had a clue).

Any further suggestions @Emmanuel U, @thewisenerd, @streambinder, @galaxyfreak, @tbalden? Thanks for all the help so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OfficerJimLahey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OfficerJimLahey Ad-Free
25th April 2015, 03:31 PM |#6  
Emmanuel U's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.maxuel

Have merged KitKatDS/android_frameworks_av with CarbonDev/android_frameworks_av into my github, hopefully that will work. I figured out the missing parameter, and see in CameraParameters.cpp that it's just a dummy function. But it turns out I needed more than just the function and the call to it. Luckily I could do an automatic merge (because I am not up for the manual way - yet).

Going to be a few more hours compiling before I can figure out if that worked (my poor dual-core PC is working hard ).

Eventually I want to get the CarbonDev commits into android_frameworks_native, but that will be a manual process (3 files to edit by hand) when I looked at the compare.

EDIT: Finished earlier than I thought. And a healthy camera init:

Code:
I/CameraService(  169): CameraService started (pid=169)
I/CameraService(  169): Loaded "MSM8660 Camera Wrapper" camera module
D/libEGL  (  252): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so
D/libEGL  (  252): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
D/libEGL  (  252): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:269>: EGL 1.4 QUALCOMM build: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.60.051_msm8960_JB_VANILLA_CL2997615_release_AU (CL2997615)
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Build Date: 04/11/13 Thu
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Local Branch: 
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Remote Branch: quic/mako_jb_mr1
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Local Patches: NONE
I/Adreno200-EGL(  252): Reconstruct Branch: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.60.051 +  NOTHING
E/cutils-trace(  252): Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
D/QualcommCameraHardwareZSL(  169): int android::HAL_getNumberOfCameras(),return how many camera 2


Torch now works as well, but when I open the stock Camera app (which is now there), I get "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." Strangely, works fine in UCam. IP Webcam works as well, but I tried a few camcorder apps out there and neither worked.

CLEANUP of old thoughts:

Bootup Logcat
Camera Logcat
Camera Kmsg

Camera Logcat is probably the most interesting here now:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 2454
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454): java.lang.RuntimeException: setParameters failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:1696)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2454):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
W/ActivityManager(  481):   Force finishing activity com.android.camera2/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher


Not sure what to try here except use the android_frameworks_av off KitKatDS, not CarbonDev's (that had the KitKatDS commits applied to it). I will work on that...compiling has started.

UPDATE: Still broken, logcat is showing the same error. Tried other cameras on this build (Google Camera), and close to the same result.

Camera logcat (Stock, Google ... *:E)

MORE: Realized an important flag was being set twice in the BoardConfigCommon.mk:
Code:
# Camera
BOARD_USES_QCOM_LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS := true
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DICS_CAMERA_BLOB -DNO_UPDATE_PREVIEW -DQCOM_BSP_CAMERA_ABI_HACK -DQCOM_LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS
BOARD_HAVE_HTC_FFC := true
TARGET_DISABLE_ARM_PIE := true
BOARD_NEEDS_MEMORYHEAPPMEM := true
USE_DEVICE_SPECIFIC_CAMERA := true
BOARD_USES_PMEM_CAMERA := true
I thought maybe LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS were cancelling each other out. Recompiled (without -DQCOM_LEGACY_CAM_PARAMS), No dice.

Latest Camera Logcat. Fatal exception at line 696.

Tried some commits against frameworks/native, still no go:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 2725
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725): java.lang.RuntimeException: setParameters failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:1696)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2725):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
I forgot which camera I used for the logcat on my thread post, but if it was the Carbon one, here is what is at line 298 of src/com/android/camera/AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:

Code:
                    case SET_FACE_DETECTION_LISTENER:
                        setFaceDetectionListener((FaceDetectionListener) msg.obj);
                        return;
So this may be the key. I tried a commit last night, but it didn;t do anything, trying a change to the Gallery2 app that disables the Face Detection on both cameras. We shall see how that goes...


So the latest change involving turning down face detection didn't work. Still getting the same error. A user on StackOverflow pointed out that what I was featuring from the logcat was secondary to the actual problem. That this is a more complete picture:

Code:
E/QualcommCameraHardwareZSL(  170): Invalid focus mode value: continuous-picture
E/QualcommCameraHardwareZSL(  170): virtual android::status_t android::QualcommCameraHardware::setParameters(const android::CameraParameters&): 6487, rc = -22
...
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 2700
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): java.lang.RuntimeException: setParameters failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:1696)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2700): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
So it was a parameters problem after all! I looked up continuous-picture in (my copy and KitKatDS's) frameworks_av and it is listed, and not hidden behind any #ifdef's. So it should pick up. I just don't know how to tackle this one at this point (if I ever had a clue).

Any further suggestions @Emmanuel U, @thewisenerd, @streambinder, @galaxyfreak, @tbalden? Thanks for all the help so far.

Lemme compile my own build later today and back to you, I think my github is missing something I have locally
The Following User Says Thank You to Emmanuel U For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Emmanuel U Ad-Free
26th April 2015, 02:34 PM |#7  
Emmanuel U's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
More
So I just reproduced the error build on my side, I'll be playing around with it later today when I have time.

Edit: so fixed the error with the focus modes, so the camera functions. But now the camcorder isnt working properly. It records but something fails when it stops recording and it doesn't save the video. I'll keep you posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emmanuel U For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Emmanuel U Ad-Free
26th April 2015, 03:08 PM |#8  
OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,381
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel U

So I just reproduced the error build on my side, I'll be playing around with it later today when I have time.

Edit: so fixed the error with the focus modes, so the camera functions. But now the camcorder isnt working properly. It records but something fails when it stops recording and it doesn't save the video. I'll keep you posted.

That was quick! Must be only recompiling the Camera2 apk (never figured out how to do that - although never really looked - except maybe drag the project into Eclipse).
So what is the focus mode fix? I can compile with that and see if my camcorder crashes as well.
26th April 2015, 03:47 PM |#9  
Emmanuel U's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.maxuel

That was quick! Must be only recompiling the Camera2 apk (never figured out how to do that - although never really looked - except maybe drag the project into Eclipse).
So what is the focus mode fix? I can compile with that and see if my camcorder crashes as well.

You should always steer away from hacking ROMs to fix an error, as the issue is usually on your side. https://github.com/KitKatDS/android_...389986b9e4eb2e
The Following User Says Thank You to Emmanuel U For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Emmanuel U Ad-Free
26th April 2015, 04:47 PM |#10  
Dukenukemx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
A new rom for my old MyTouch 4G slide?
26th April 2015, 05:18 PM |#11  
OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,381
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenukemx

A new rom for my old MyTouch 4G slide?

That's right.

I wanted to see what compiling from source is like, and since my daily driver (Fx3Q) has a few bits needed before development can be fruitful (need device tree), I figured I would build for the Doubleshot.

As Emman has pointed out, there are so many competing priorities with the newer ROM's thanks to newer devices that older devices can barely keep up and maintain their mark in the existing code.

I don't have the skill set to change that problem, but I will go along and debug away.

This ROM doesn't make any promises, it's just a change in perspective (presenting CarbonROM instead of having CM as the only KitKat ROM). And if I get bored enough in a months time (assuming the major bugs are squashed - I sure hope so), I just might try out another perspective.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carbon rom, htc, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes