FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 27th October 2014, 03:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

27th October 2014, 03:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
MIUI Rom
Thanks to all the help I got here I was able to root and install MIUI-4.8.22 Android 4.2.2 on my phone. It works great. I made a video which I uploaded to youtube and I am attaching three images. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site I was able to make it work. Everything is working great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	droidAtScreen-26.png
Views:	128
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2986651   Click image for larger version

Name:	droidAtScreen-53.png
Views:	126
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	2986652  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg droidAtScreen-1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (146.0 KB, 106 views)
4th December 2014, 09:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
having problems achieving S-off with HTC mytouch 4g
I followed the guide step by step to s-off my phone and everything works fine, until i got to the part that i have to enter "cd\data\local" into the terminal emulator. i moved the gfree file into this folder (cd\data\local) through adb command prompt and even extracted it manually but it seems like the terminal still cant find the directory even though im sure its there (i checked using root browser to locate the folder). what am i doing wrong???
5th December 2014, 07:21 PM |#4  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidjay8314

I followed the guide step by step to s-off my phone and everything works fine, until i got to the part that i have to enter "cd\data\local" into the terminal emulator. i moved the gfree file into this folder (cd\data\local) through adb command prompt and even extracted it manually but it seems like the terminal still cant find the directory even though im sure its there (i checked using root browser to locate the folder). what am i doing wrong???

U don't have to use gfree if u already have shipped off... Review the guide at cymod wiki.
7th May 2015, 09:30 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Very confusing... I can't get my MyTouch to use my European SIM card because it's carrier locked apparently but I had another MyTouch 4G and having rooted it the exact same way, I gave it to a friend in Canada and all he did was pop his SIM card in and it worked fine. Any idea why that worked? I had rooted both phones exactly the same way.
3rd June 2015, 06:25 AM |#6  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley

Very confusing... I can't get my MyTouch to use my European SIM card because it's carrier locked apparently but I had another MyTouch 4G and having rooted it the exact same way, I gave it to a friend in Canada and all he did was pop his SIM card in and it worked fine. Any idea why that worked? I had rooted both phones exactly the same way.

Rooting the device is not going to let you use it on any carrier. You need to do a carrier unlock

:-: A TIP FROM THE NOOB :-:
All ways backup your current rom before adding root apps, modifying system/system files, flashing zip files, or installing new rom. be on the safe side. do it now or regret it later

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley

One was carrier unlocked and the other one wasn't

:-: A TIP FROM THE NOOB :-:
All ways backup your current rom before adding root apps, modifying system/system files, flashing zip files, or installing new rom. be on the safe side. do it now or regret it later
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)