[MOD][NABI2] 4 Way Reboot Menu Nabi2 JB 4.1

Search This thread

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
[FONT=&quot]4 - Way Reboot Menu for Nabi2 JB 4.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Haven't seen a lot of development for the Nabi2 as much as we had before and got the idea from my my Galaxy Phones. This is the extended Reboot Menu only and not the "Power Menu". I do not recommend flashing to Custom Roms as the ROMs may contain special permissions/policies ( if added ) that the Rom Developer may have implemented or even may be require so the Custom Rom may run or function properly. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Knowing there may not be any for the Nabi2 ATM, I guess we are safe from this LOL. [/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]The Extended Reboot Menu Includes:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]REBOOT[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Normal Complete Reboot)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HOT BOOT[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Quick Reboot for restarting the Android Shell only )[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DOWNLOAD ( Not Working Correctly, will look into this one. Will also be renamed to BOOTLOADER )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Bootload Mode)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]RECOVERY[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Restarts phone in your Recovery )

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SHUT DOWN[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
( Turns the Tablet Off )[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]===================================================================[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]DISCLAIMER:[/FONT]
===================================================================

[FONT=&quot]By YOU, the USER, flashing this file or manually pasting to modify your Android System, YOU understand and know what YOU are doing. I nor anyone will be held liable nor responsible for YOUR doing if your phone bricks. As always, as is suggested by many and myself, please make sure you perform a complete[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NANDROID BACKUP[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]before flashing and/or modifying your OS or the mentioned stock .jar file. I also suggest YOU keep a separate copy of the stock .jar file handy, like in your External SDcard, if the phone decides not to boot up. Knowing this, YOU assume all responsibility for what happens as YOU, the USER, know and comprehend what YOU are doing and understand the consequences or severity of damages that can be brought to your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]device by flashing or modifying your OS incorrectly. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Have Been Warned !![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]===================================================================[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What's Needed / Recommended:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rooted Device [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( to extract the needed files Manually for backup )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Custom Recovery ( TWRP for Flashing the ZIP and/or using the File Manager )
If you can do it via ADB Commands then all power to you.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I provided [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BOTH[/FONT][FONT=&quot] , the stock NABI2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Stock NABI2 JAR )[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and modded NABI2 .jar [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( android.policy.jar )[/FONT][FONT=&quot] files and the flashable zip [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Nabi2_4wayboot.zip )[/FONT][FONT=&quot] below. If the flashable ZIP does not work for you let me know please. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What To Do:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
You have two choices on installing the .jar file. You can either Flash the ZIP in TWRP or manually copy & paste or push the .jar file to system/framework/. If you decide to do this manually, you will then need to set the file permissions to the modified android.policy.jar file to 0644. You can rename the stock .jar file with " .bak " at the end so you don't have to delete it from the framework folder if you so choose. Now using TWRP I was not able to automatically get the File Explorer to work properly but I did flash the Aroma File Manage in recover. It load up although the button presses and screen were off but I managed to copy and paste and set permissions to the file.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The flashable zip may give you an SELinux Error but it will flash correctly.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Words of caution.....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]if you attempt to do this manually and are still actively booted in your Android OS while modifying or deleting the .jar file, there is the highest probability that your tablet will immediately reboot and you will not be able to boot up the OS again and remain stuck on the Nabi boot screen as the android.policy.jar is no longer visible to your OS. This is why you need to do this before booting up like in recovery.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]===================================================================[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Thanks and credits go out to :
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
@[/FONT][FONT=&quot]tdunham[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
@[/FONT][FONT=&quot]CNexus[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
@kahvitahra

for the information gathered on the How-Too's and the files needed for this MOD. If I missed someone please PM me or let me know.....
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Enjoy! :cool:
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Nabi2_4wayboot.zip
    248.9 KB · Views: 186
  • android.policy.jar
    124.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20140720_144058.jpg
    20140720_144058.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 20140720_144118.jpg
    20140720_144118.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Eric Karz

Oct 30, 2012
looks like a handy mod ... I haven't had a chance to try it out but I will .
thanks for making it .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FONT=&quot]4 - Way Reboot Menu for Nabi2 JB 4.1[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Haven't seen a lot of development for the Nabi2 as much as we had before and got the idea from my my Galaxy Phones. This is the extended Reboot Menu only and not the "Power Menu". I do not recommend flashing to Custom Roms as the ROMs may contain special permissions/policies ( if added ) that the Rom Developer may have implemented or even may be require so the Custom Rom may run or function properly. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Knowing there may not be any for the Nabi2 ATM, I guess we are safe from this LOL. [/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]The Extended Reboot Menu Includes:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]REBOOT[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Normal Complete Reboot)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HOT BOOT[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Quick Reboot for restarting the Android Shell only )[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DOWNLOAD ( Not Working Correctly, will look into this one. Will also be renamed to BOOTLOADER )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Bootload Mode)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]RECOVERY[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Restarts phone in your Recovery )

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]SHUT DOWN[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    ( Turns the Tablet Off )[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]===================================================================[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DISCLAIMER:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By YOU, the USER, flashing this file or manually pasting to modify your Android System, YOU understand and know what YOU are doing. I nor anyone will be held liable nor responsible for YOUR doing if your phone bricks. As always, as is suggested by many and myself, please make sure you perform a complete[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NANDROID BACKUP[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]before flashing and/or modifying your OS or the mentioned stock .jar file. I also suggest YOU keep a separate copy of the stock .jar file handy, like in your External SDcard, if the phone decides not to boot up. Knowing this, YOU assume all responsibility for what happens as YOU, the USER, know and comprehend what YOU are doing and understand the consequences or severity of damages that can be brought to your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]device by flashing or modifying your OS incorrectly. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Have Been Warned !![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]===================================================================[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What's Needed / Recommended:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rooted Device [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( to extract the needed files Manually for backup )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Custom Recovery ( TWRP for Flashing the ZIP and/or using the File Manager )
    If you can do it via ADB Commands then all power to you.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I provided [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BOTH[/FONT][FONT=&quot] , the stock NABI2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Stock NABI2 JAR )[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and modded NABI2 .jar [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( android.policy.jar )[/FONT][FONT=&quot] files and the flashable zip [/FONT][FONT=&quot]( Nabi2_4wayboot.zip )[/FONT][FONT=&quot] below. If the flashable ZIP does not work for you let me know please. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What To Do:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    You have two choices on installing the .jar file. You can either Flash the ZIP in TWRP or manually copy & paste or push the .jar file to system/framework/. If you decide to do this manually, you will then need to set the file permissions to the modified android.policy.jar file to 0644. You can rename the stock .jar file with " .bak " at the end so you don't have to delete it from the framework folder if you so choose. Now using TWRP I was not able to automatically get the File Explorer to work properly but I did flash the Aroma File Manage in recover. It load up although the button presses and screen were off but I managed to copy and paste and set permissions to the file.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The flashable zip may give you an SELinux Error but it will flash correctly.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Words of caution.....[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]if you attempt to do this manually and are still actively booted in your Android OS while modifying or deleting the .jar file, there is the highest probability that your tablet will immediately reboot and you will not be able to boot up the OS again and remain stuck on the Nabi boot screen as the android.policy.jar is no longer visible to your OS. This is why you need to do this before booting up like in recovery.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]===================================================================[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Thanks and credits go out to :
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    @[/FONT][FONT=&quot]tdunham[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    @[/FONT][FONT=&quot]CNexus[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    @kahvitahra

for the information gathered on the How-Too's and the files needed for this MOD. If I missed someone please PM me or let me know.....
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Enjoy! :cool:
    [/FONT]