This Notification problem after the update is a Pain!

Search This thread

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
I've tried everything but notifications are delayed or not received until I wake up the phone. Gmail is completely broken and I have to manually refresh it most times. WhatsApp is infrequent and Google Voice is broken too. But this seems to be happening more frequently on wifi.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
The problem still persists so I sent an email to the Indian customer support since my model an Indian International one. Let's see what happens.

stylobic

Jan 10, 2008
Toulouse
I'm in contact with vivo support on messenger, but after a couple of logs uploaded, they still have no clue of what's happening. I'll wait next update and if no improvement, i'll get a new phone.

Maybe you could help as well with some logs for them to check, search for VIVOGLOBAL on messenger

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
I'm in contact with vivo support on messenger, but after a couple of logs uploaded, they still have no clue of what's happening. I'll wait next update and if no improvement, i'll get a new phone.

Maybe you could help as well with some logs for them to check, search for VIVOGLOBAL on messenger
I don't use messenger but it's pretty obvious what the problem is. It's right there in the Changelog "reduced system power consumption in the locked standby screen". In this case they've managed to somehow break both wifi and data access for whitelisted apps while the phone is locked. First thing they should do is check the functionality of the whitelist and apps locked in recent.

Reactions: Vijay45622

stylobic

Jan 10, 2008
Toulouse
I think the reduced consumption was introduced to fix the high consumption from the previous FW.
I noticed too a bettery drain and high temperature of the phone, they fixed it after 1 week if I remember well.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
I think the reduced consumption was introduced to fix the high consumption from the previous FW.
I noticed too a bettery drain and high temperature of the phone, they fixed it after 1 week if I remember well.
Yes. The upgrade to Android 10 screwed up battery consumption but they've broken something else with this update.

DrG0nz0

Jun 20, 2018
I noticed too a battery drain and high temperature of the phone, they fixed it after 1 week if I remember well.

Yup, had the same problem...now it doesnt heat up as much but still have the notification problem on WhatsApp and messenger, which is a pain in the ass....

Anyone found any additional config that corrects this?

siegie65

Aug 20, 2010
Essen
I received an update to version 8.10.5 yesterday. Whatsapp notifications came today without delay during work. Battery consumption was 25% after 10 hours

Reactions: chanlokhung

chanlokhung

Aug 16, 2020
Even me I am also stuck with PD1805F_EX_A_8.10.1

Do you know any workaround or ways for downgrading?
One of the possible workaround is to
download push notification fixer app, set the interval to be one minute, then add notification fixer app to whistlist, autostart, high battery consumption.
By doing that, I am able to at least get some notification within 15 minutes (although not instantly, but better than it was).
I was not aware of update interval. I would appreciate if you could share the experience on when to receive the next update.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Hello i have the Chinese version PD1805_A you have the International i think there is no update this Time

Thanks for your reply:D It'd be great if you could share how you install Gapps for the Chinese version. I'd go for the Chinese version for faster update and maintenance update.

Last edited:

chanlokhung

Aug 16, 2020
After reset working fine for me....sometime lag is there but can be useable

Thanks for the comment, I would appreciate if you could provide the following before I consider resetting my phone.
Are you on PD1805F_EX_A_8.10.1 and experienced notification before?
Does "sometime lag" means the application not running smoothly or notification lag?
:D

Thanks for the comment, I would appreciate if you could provide the following before I consider resetting my phone.
Does "sometime lag" means the application not running smoothly or notification lag?

Yes I am on same version and lag means yes as you said some time notification will be delayed....not like no notification

And all applications are running very smooth I don't have any issue on that

Reactions: chanlokhung

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't use messenger but it's pretty obvious what the problem is. It's right there in the Changelog "reduced system power consumption in the locked standby screen". In this case they've managed to somehow break both wifi and data access for whitelisted apps while the phone is locked. First thing they should do is check the functionality of the whitelist and apps locked in recent.
    I received an update to version 8.10.5 yesterday. Whatsapp notifications came today without delay during work. Battery consumption was 25% after 10 hours

Yes I am on same version and lag means yes as you said some time notification will be delayed....not like no notification

And all applications are running very smooth I don't have any issue on that