FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FYI: dbrand bamboo skin for the Robin will be available soon!

498 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By [deXter], Senior Member on 17th March 2016, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

The Bamboo skin looks amazing, IMHO, but sadly it isn't a selectable option yet.

I reached out to dbrand and this is what they said:

Quote:

Thanks for reaching out. We can confirm Bamboo will be available shortly. Keep an eye on our social media for updates.

Are you using a dbrand or any other skin for your Robin? If so, please share your pics in the comments below.

23rd March 2016, 06:11 PM |#2  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 623

More
I've ordered my skins from them this morning and will share my pics as soon as it is setup
30th January 2017, 01:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave

I've ordered my skins from them this morning and will share my pics as soon as it is setup

I know this thread is stale, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck with the dbrand (or any other skin) on this device? I normally love dbrand, but on the Nextbit I found the fit to be pretty terrible. I don't like how it comes up around the edges, since the fit around the buttons and the edge of the screen wasn't precise. My previous phone the fit was perfect, so I was pretty disappointed with the fit on this Nextbit phone. I tried to use a razor and make the edges square to the back, but I'm not the most competent arts and crafts guy, so I kind of butchered it.
1st February 2017, 10:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock_099

I know this thread is stale, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck with the dbrand (or any other skin) on this device? I normally love dbrand, but on the Nextbit I found the fit to be pretty terrible. I don't like how it comes up around the edges, since the fit around the buttons and the edge of the screen wasn't precise. My previous phone the fit was perfect, so I was pretty disappointed with the fit on this Nextbit phone. I tried to use a razor and make the edges square to the back, but I'm not the most competent arts and crafts guy, so I kind of butchered it.

I applied a bamboo back and black top and bottom the other day and I kind of agree with you there, this phone is not the best to use with dbrand.

I had to apply a bit of tension and stretch it out in some parts when applying the top and bottom parts so it wouldn't show any red (I have the Ember edition) but you can always still see some. Midnight versions might look better regarding this I think.

Also re-did the top and bottom last week, this time went full bamboo, and tried to be a bit more careful, and I must say, although still not perfect, it looks a lot better than the first one I tried. I say try to peel it off and use the spare ones they also send, this time trying to be a bit more careful and making sure everything is 100% symmetrical (this part is a big pain in the ass) and you may get a little luckier this time!
The Following User Says Thank You to nbferr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nbferr Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 02:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbferr

I applied a bamboo back and black top and bottom the other day and I kind of agree with you there, this phone is not the best to use with dbrand.

I had to apply a bit of tension and stretch it out in some parts when applying the top and bottom parts so it wouldn't show any red (I have the Ember edition) but you can always still see some. Midnight versions might look better regarding this I think.

Also re-did the top and bottom last week, this time went full bamboo, and tried to be a bit more careful, and I must say, although still not perfect, it looks a lot better than the first one I tried. I say try to peel it off and use the spare ones they also send, this time trying to be a bit more careful and making sure everything is 100% symmetrical (this part is a big pain in the ass) and you may get a little luckier this time!

Thanks, maybe I'll give it a try if they were a touch cheaper I'd probably be a little more liberal in my attempts to get it just right!
8th February 2017, 08:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [deXter]

The Bamboo skin looks amazing, IMHO, but sadly it isn't a selectable option yet.

I reached out to dbrand and this is what they said:

Are you using a dbrand or any other skin for your Robin? If so, please share your pics in the comments below.

How is the power button white? Does it come with a sticker for it or does it just look like that because of the angle the picture was taken in?
22nd May 2017, 11:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock_099

Got mine today. It's meh. application was easy but yes, my corners along with my back fit was pretty bad. Also messes up the fit of my screen protector
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)