With encryption gone, you'll be able to use TWRP to flash mods etc, without having to wipe your data every single time.
Other benefits include faster performance and better battery life.
Unfortunately, to actually remove the encryption - you will need to format one last time.
But once done and set up, you'll see that your phone is no longer encrypted.
- Unlocked bootloader
- PC / Mac
- fastboot (+ USB drivers if needed) -or- existing TWRP install
If you're using TWRP:
1. Perform a factory reset from within TWRP and reboot back into it (Note: This isn't required if your upgrading from an existing unencrypted stock install).
2. Flash the included zip file
Manual flash using fastboot:
1. Download the zip and extract the boot.img file
2. Reboot your Robin into fastboot mode
3. Flash using the command:
fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash boot boot.img
Note: If you skip this step, your phone will remain encrypted.
1. Re-Enable encryption from Settings -> Security -> Encrypt Phone
2. Flash the stock boot.img
@reddv1 for the original modification instructions (adapted from Nexus 5X) and @osm0sis for AIK
Disclaimer: Disabling encryption on your phone *will* reduce it's security. These files / instructions are provided only for those who understand and accept the risks of using an un-encrypted device, and are comfortable with modifying the internals of their phone. I will not be held responsible for any loss or damages occurred as a result of following the instructions and/or downloading the files listed on this page.