FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL][ETHER] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r42][VoLTE][2018/08/12]

461 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,522
 
Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2018, 09:02 PM |#101  
linckandrea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 905
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linckandrea

In the last build I did not insert any basic blobs...
this version should work

Download

if not, can you attach a logcat?

Has anyone tried it?
 
 
21st July 2018, 09:15 PM |#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yours_krish

sim card has not been detected ,it says "no sim"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linckandrea

Has anyone tried it?

I think he tried & there were issues with sim detection. Sorry I am not able to try, as this is my only phone & daily driver
22nd July 2018, 03:12 AM |#103  
linckandrea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 905
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_tigrina2002

I think he tried & there were issues with sim detection. Sorry I am not able to try, as this is my only phone & daily driver

i quoted the wrong post

I was referring to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by linckandrea

In the last build I did not insert any basic blobs...
this version should work

Download

if not, can you attach a logcat?

22nd July 2018, 03:32 AM |#104  
Junior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi can u help me how to make weather appear on glance at home screen?
22nd July 2018, 04:14 AM |#105  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurKeinNeid

PixelExperience for Nextbit Robin (ether)



What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation) Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device Based on Android 8.1

Thanks to @AnierinB for testing

Known issues: VoLTE not working

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Useful files
Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
Pixel 2017 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
AR Stickers for Google Camera (normal apk)

Donate: Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation: Help with project translation


Telegram channel
Stay tuned



There seems to be some serious lag with animations, whether it is scrolling or just navigating the ui. Opening the camera takes a very long time, especially when using the double-press of the power button to launch it. Is there anything i can do on my end to eliminate this sluggishness, or is this something that has to be fixed in future updates, with just optimizing the rom?
22nd July 2018, 04:21 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAbbhi

There seems to be some serious lag with animations, whether it is scrolling or just navigating the ui. Opening the camera takes a very long time, especially when using the double-press of the power button to launch it. Is there anything i can do on my end to eliminate this sluggishness, or is this something that has to be fixed in future updates, with just optimizing the rom?

Have you tried setting the animation speed to 0.5? Most other ROMs have 0.5 as default. For PE it is 1.0 like Stock Android.
22nd July 2018, 05:33 AM |#107  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurKeinNeid

Have you tried setting the animation speed to 0.5? Most other ROMs have 0.5 as default. For PE it is 1.0 like Stock Android.

I have tried that, but to no avail. It's not that the animations are slow, the phone itself is, as in it's struggling to maintain smooth animations. I think this might be an issue with optimization, as the robin stock software has no issues like this.
22nd July 2018, 09:28 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAbbhi

I have tried that, but to no avail. It's not that the animations are slow, the phone itself is, as in it's struggling to maintain smooth animations. I think this might be an issue with optimization, as the robin stock software has no issues like this.

Then I don't know what you're doing wrong. I have a different impression of the ROM. I think it's the most responsive thing I've ever tried on Robin. Our feelings seem to differ greatly.
The Following User Says Thank You to NurKeinNeid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NurKeinNeid Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 09:56 AM |#109  
Rimmer1966's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 949
 
Donate to Me
More
I agree that this feels really responsive. Scrolling is smooth and apps load quickly. No complaints from me performance wise. The only issue I have is putting calls on speakerphone, the sound is terrible. But that might just be my phone? Can anyone else confirm or not?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rimmer1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rimmer1966 Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 02:50 PM |#110  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmer1966

I agree that this feels really responsive. Scrolling is smooth and apps load quickly. No complaints from me performance wise. The only issue I have is putting calls on speakerphone, the sound is terrible. But that might just be my phone? Can anyone else confirm or not?

Audio quality is perfectly fine for me. I must note that i did use adb sideload to flash the rom onto the phone. Could that be the issue?

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmer1966

I agree that this feels really responsive. Scrolling is smooth and apps load quickly. No complaints from me performance wise. The only issue I have is putting calls on speakerphone, the sound is terrible. But that might just be my phone? Can anyone else confirm or not?

So your telling me you've had no lag or ANY animation stutters when scrolling? Audio quality is perfectly fine for me. I must note that i did use adb sideload to flash the rom onto the phone. Could that be the issue?
22nd July 2018, 03:55 PM |#111  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurKeinNeid

Then I don't know what you're doing wrong. I have a different impression of the ROM. I think it's the most responsive thing I've ever tried on Robin. Our feelings seem to differ greatly.

I used twrp and adb sideloading to flash the rom onto my device. Could that be the cause of my issues?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes