FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 8 - ROM release

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By willkane, Junior Member on 21st August 2017, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Do you know when we can expect a ROM based on Android O?

21st August 2017, 08:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Can't say for sure. May never see an official release from Nextbit/Razer, but I'm sure custom rom devs will release it when it's ready.
21st August 2017, 10:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehasninjas

Can't say for sure. May never see an official release from Nextbit/Razer, but I'm sure custom rom devs will release it when it's ready.

Didn't Nextbit or Razer hire the devs from Paranoid Android? If they are working on the Robin ROM, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we'll get Oreo. However Razer announced a gaming phone a while ago, so there is no way to tell.
23rd August 2017, 03:49 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator724

Didn't Nextbit or Razer hire the devs from Paranoid Android? If they are working on the Robin ROM, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we'll get Oreo. However Razer announced a gaming phone a while ago, so there is no way to tell.

One of the Developer's for PA is also one of the 30 teams members of nextbit.
25th August 2017, 08:40 AM |#5  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 7

More
There are quite a few links like these which mention Lineage OS 15 (Oreo) supported devices and robin is one of them! I cant wait for the release!
http://www.lineageosdownloads.com/li...d-device-list/
The Following User Says Thank You to protonsavy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift protonsavy Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 08:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by protonsavy

There are quite a few links like these which mention Lineage OS 15 (Oreo) supported devices and robin is one of them! I cant wait for the release!
http://www.lineageosdownloads.com/li...d-device-list/

Except those are all fake. The LOS maintainers won't actually know if a device will support LOS 15 until they actually try porting it in the first place. As of now, they haven't tried for the Nextbit Robin yet, so we don't know if the Robin could actually get LOS 15 yet.

If you wanna keep tabs on what devices are currently being worked on, go to https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/statuspen and look for anything being commited to the lineageos-15.0 branch for android_device_nextbit_ether.
The Following User Says Thank You to jabashque For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jabashque Ad-Free
1st September 2017, 06:56 PM |#7  
Software updates till February as they say on Twitter. Apart from nextbits cloud framework the OS is pretty much stock AOSP and it seems to me they're really good with releasing kernel source and providing updates almost every three months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170901-135509.png
Views:	2116
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	4259589  
20th September 2017, 09:31 PM |#8  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 4,596

Donate to Me
More
Robin, on N, is a mess. If it does eventually get O, it will be a while. We cannot upgrade it to O until we fix out the bugs we have on N first.
27th September 2017, 07:09 AM |#9  
Flag Eagle Mountain
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What are the bugs on N? I'm thinking about buying one. Is it worth it?
27th September 2017, 07:49 AM |#10  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 4,596

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1blksheep

What are the bugs on N? I'm thinking about buying one. Is it worth it?

Camera, GPS, battery blah the list goes on. The kernels a mess because of bad sources. I wouldnt recommend it , it would be better getting a moto G device or similar at this stage.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkExistence For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkExistence Ad-Free
27th September 2017, 10:22 AM |#11  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkExistence

Camera, GPS, battery blah the list goes on. The kernels a mess because of bad sources. I wouldnt recommend it , it would be better getting a moto G device or similar at this stage.

I have two devices, and I don't have troubles with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeaDekBatHblu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HeaDekBatHblu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)