FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Install TWRP and Root your Robin

2,150 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,716

By deadman96385, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 11th March 2016, 04:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am not responsible if you damage your device in any way you are the one that has decided to modify your device.

Guide

1. Download the Beta 2.68 SuperSU zip

2. Make sure you have adb and fastboot and robin usb drivers installed there are tons of guides just google it if you need to install them.

3. In cmd line type the following after connecting robin to your computer (and accepting the computer on robin if first time)

Code:
adb devices
It should start adb and you should see a device listed if it properly connected with developer options enabled, if not go back and make sure you have the proper drivers installed and USB debugging is indeed enabled.

4. Next we are going to unlock the bootloader, if you already have then skip this step.

-It will wipe ALL you data if you are coming from a locked bootloader so back up your internal storage
- You will need to enable developer options in your settings, this is done by going Settings->About phone and tapping Build number 7 times or until you "become a developer". Then you will need to go back to Settings->Developer options and enable USB debugging

First you must reboot to bootloader use the following command to do that:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Then after the device has rebooted into the bootloader screen you need to type this command

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
6. Now that we are still in bootloader you can install twrp download the latest twrp img from here
https://twrp.me/devices/nextbitrobin.html

7. Run the following command to flash twrp:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-ether.img
8. Now the easiest way to root it with out having to time mashing the buttons to reboot to recovery again is to fastboot boot the recovery image and install your SuperSU zip then.

Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.0-0-ether.img
9. MTP does work so if you forgot to move your SuperSU zip over you can do it in recovery. Now you just do the normal proccess to flash a zip.

Troubleshooting
1. Some fastboot binarys do not recognize the Robin's fastboot id so if your device is not showing up please add the following to your fastboot commands -i 0x2c3f so a command would look like this
Code:
fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-ether.img
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th March 2016, 04:54 PM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Mine just in case
The Following User Says Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2016, 06:44 PM |#3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 166

More
WOWWWW!!! AWESOMEEEE!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!
Xposed will work right? Will unlocking bootloader reset device??
11th March 2016, 07:31 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid

WOWWWW!!! AWESOMEEEE!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!
Xposed will work right? Will unlocking bootloader reset device??

Xposed works, unlocking the bootloader wipes all data on the device.
12th March 2016, 12:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I keep having issues with adb. It connects when the phone is on and USB debugging. But when I go to fastboot, it doesn't connect for me to go forward.

Drivers are good and whatnot.
12th March 2016, 03:55 AM |#6  
Flag South Beach
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Use fastboot -i 0x2c3f

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
12th March 2016, 05:28 AM |#7  
XDA Feed Mod/RC
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 7,225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminati

I keep having issues with adb. It connects when the phone is on and USB debugging. But when I go to fastboot, it doesn't connect for me to go forward.

Drivers are good and whatnot.

Fastboot mode doesn't have ADB enabled genius. Fastboot is within the bootloader, while adb is a daemon started by the kernel's init.rc on first boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free
12th March 2016, 04:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH! I had to use fastboot -i 0x2c3f
12th March 2016, 05:42 PM |#9  
Flag Dubai

More
You think Nextbit will support flashing updates through TWRP?
12th March 2016, 06:45 PM |#10  
Flag Dubai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

Mine just in case

I'm having a problem.. I unlocked bootloader.. flashed recovery... booted into it there was nothing.. Empty folder for internal storage.. Then i booted up the ROM, and then again booted to TWRP.. it asks for password to decrypt.. Please Help!
12th March 2016, 07:18 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid

I'm having a problem.. I unlocked bootloader.. flashed recovery... booted into it there was nothing.. Empty folder for internal storage.. Then i booted up the ROM, and then again booted to TWRP.. it asks for password to decrypt.. Please Help!

You have to put in your encryption password, it is the one that you have to put in when you boot up the device normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)