FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Unofficial][ResurrectionRemix-P-v7.0.0][manta] -> 20190208 (DISCONTINUED)

3,671 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,365

By followmsi, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 14th August 2018, 10:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2018, 07:53 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitroutray

@followmsi I am getting Error: 7 while flashing the ROM.

Triggered from RN5pro

Wipe system before rom install and get started again.. use older gapps because of space situation on system partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
19th August 2018, 08:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by followmsi

Wipe system before rom install and get started again.. use older gapps because of space situation on system partition.

I always do a clean flash. Wiped System, Data, Delvik Cache & Cache. Downloaded the Gapps mentioned on the OP.

Triggered from my Nexus 10
19th August 2018, 08:51 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitroutray

I always do a clean flash. Wiped System, Data, Delvik Cache & Cache. Downloaded the Gapps mentioned on the OP.

Triggered from my Nexus 10

For now .. after ROM Installation and before gapps installation do mount /system in twrp - but untick read-only.
Go to system/app (priv-app) and remove the camera2 apk.
Unmount system and install mentioned gapps pico.

It's a space problem !

Will check if I can reduce system space usage a bit more ..as well reducing buffer for gapps down to 2MB.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
20th August 2018, 05:25 AM |#14  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 402

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by followmsi

This process worked except I had to do this to get gapps to work

“For now .. after ROM Installation and before gapps installation do mount /system in twrp - but untick read-only.
Unmount system and install mentioned gapps pico.”

One more question do I need to install that audiojack kernel or is already in the rom?
21st August 2018, 03:05 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyatx

This process worked except I had to do this to get gapps to work

“For now .. after ROM Installation and before gapps installation do mount /system in twrp - but untick read-only.
Unmount system and install mentioned gapps pico.”

One more question do I need to install that audiojack kernel or is already in the rom?

Audio jack kernel is part of this ROM ..

Depending on the gapps package size you may have to delete camera2.apk - to increase free space for gapps installation.
10th September 2018, 12:10 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
September 2018

RR-O-v6.2.0-20180909-manta-Unofficial.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> September 2018
- moved shim libs to vendor
- Latest LineageOS and RR changes (update to version 6.2.0)

Enjoy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
12th September 2018, 12:41 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi !

I flashed the September version with a clean flash (full wipe). I tried to flash both "manta_open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20180702-UNOFFICIAL.zip" and "open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20180902-UNOFFICIAL.zip" from your GDrive, but after a (sucessful) flash in TWRP 3.2.0, the First time Pixel setup has Google Play services crashing in loops in anytime.

This prevents me from going further into using Gapps.
I also tried removing stuff from priv-apk in system, but I couldn't find the camera apk. I got rid of EasterEgg, but that didn't cut through.

Any help for troubleshooting ?
12th September 2018, 11:03 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Moahskarton

Hi !

I flashed the September version with a clean flash (full wipe). I tried to flash both "manta_open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20180702-UNOFFICIAL.zip" and "open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20180902-UNOFFICIAL.zip" from your GDrive, but after a (sucessful) flash in TWRP 3.2.0, the First time Pixel setup has Google Play services crashing in loops in anytime.

This prevents me from going further into using Gapps.
I also tried removing stuff from priv-apk in system, but I couldn't find the camera apk. I got rid of EasterEgg, but that didn't cut through.

Any help for troubleshooting ?

- install latest TWRP (3.2.3)
- Wipe systen first.
- Install current ROM
- Install just one Gapps package (manta_open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20180702-UNOFFICIAL.zip - buffer has been reduced to fit into manta system partition)
- Wipe cache / dalvik
- Reboot system

If SetupWizard is crashing we will need logs for further troubleshooting.
12th September 2018, 06:37 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Somehow it immediately worked by following closely your instructions. I must have done something wrong before then.

Thanks a lot still, and very kudos for this ROM : )
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Moahskarton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Don Moahskarton Ad-Free
4th October 2018, 09:16 PM |#20  
Flag baltimore
Thanks Meter: 2

More
root access
Fyi it did not like addonsu 15.1 for what ever reason, it was flashed via TWRP and turned on in dev mode but never gave access .. However Magisk flashed fine from TWRP and gave root access so no problem. had to have my Adaway from XDA.
7th October 2018, 12:55 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
October 2018

RR-O-v6.2.1-20181006-manta-Unofficial.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> October 2018
- RR update to version 6.2.1
- ROM installer will enlarge filesystem on system partition automatically.

For the System and Cache repartitioning / Opengapps: Error 70 topic I have updated the first page.

Enjoy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
manta, nexus 10, oreo, pie, ressurection remix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)