[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 14.1 Manta [NEXUS10][17DEC2019][MONTHLY]

Search This thread

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Tested Facebook app from PS, yes, certain videos would crash the app. But I have to remind you that I'm on lineage-14.1-20190812-UNOFFICIAL-manta, the August build. I'm not on the latest September build.

Reactions: amitroutray

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Ok. I went as far back as lineage-14.1-20181218-UNOFFICIAL-manta which is the last build @followmsi has left us with and I can confirm that Youtube would play on stock browser just like it did on the lineage-14.1-20190812-UNOFFICIAL-manta, and the former build also would crash when I use Firefox Preview and tried to play a Youtube clip on it. The bug exists as early as December, 2018. :(

Edit:
Ok. The youtube video crashing on web browser cannot be replicated when I use the default web browser, Brave web browser, and Google Chrome browser. Firefox web browser and Firefox Preview would crash from playing YouTube videos though. Facebook vids also plays OK on Brave and Google Chrome. So I guess this build is perfect for me now.

Thanks @KiD3991.

Last edited:

KiD3991

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 21, 2012
Sorry I couldn't test this device too much before releasing guys, my Manta has been acting up. But it still works randomly. I gotta work on both right now while its running lol

amitroutray

Dec 31, 2011
Ok. I went as far back as lineage-14.1-20181218-UNOFFICIAL-manta which is the last build @followmsi has left us with and I can confirm that Youtube would play on stock browser just like it did on the lineage-14.1-20190812-UNOFFICIAL-manta, and the former build also would crash when I use Firefox Preview and tried to play a Youtube clip on it. The bug exists as early as December, 2018. :(

Edit:

Ok. The youtube video crashing on web browser cannot be replicated when I use the default web browser, Brave web browser, and Google Chrome browser. Firefox web browser and Firefox Preview would crash from playing YouTube videos though. Facebook vids also plays OK on Brave and Google Chrome. So I guess this build is perfect for me now.

Thanks @KiD3991.
If possible please install Facebook from Google Play Store and let me know. Because the hardware acceleration of the previous builds are broken. So, the videos are not running as well.

And one more thing anyone has the stock flashable recovery ROM?? If yes please share the link [emoji849]

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
I'm now on the latest September build but If I remember right, when I went back to the last followmsi ROM, FB app also crashed. I am left wondering what's the last LOS14.1 build that has fully working HW acceleration. Or has HW acceleration ever worked for LOS14.1 manta at all?

plainbum

Jun 26, 2011
Chicago - Western suburb
Headphone Fix?

I Just installed lineage-14.1-20190911-UNOFFICIAL-mant.zip and I am wondering if there is a fix for the headphone Jack not working?
Thanks a bunch, so far so good!
Thank you!

amitroutray

Dec 31, 2011
I'm now on the latest September build but If I remember right, when I went back to the last followmsi ROM, FB app also crashed. I am left wondering what's the last LOS14.1 build that has fully working HW acceleration. Or has HW acceleration ever worked for LOS14.1 manta at all?
It is working in your present build or not..?? That I am trying to asking you buddy.

amitroutray

Dec 31, 2011
It is working in your present build or not..?? That I am trying to asking you buddy.

Finally have time and now on the latest build. Difficult to open Facebook as it is very slow and when a video appear it is suddenly crashed. But Facebook Lite is manage to play and surf all the contain very smoothly.

Very smooth build. Many thanks to OP. Keep it up the good work. [emoji106][emoji106]

Triggered from my Nexus 10

Reactions: pottendo

bomba6

Feb 9, 2010
Thanks for the lovely ROM.
I finally updated my Nexus 10 from official 5.1.1 to your ROM (September version) and everything works well, expect, the ROM only sees a total of 1.1GB RAM instead of 2GB RAM.
It says it uses ~660MB (which are 60%) and there are ~440MB free.
How is that? I restarted the tablet couple of times but still.
Apps are aggressively killed because lack of RAM.
Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks for the lovely ROM.
I finally updated my Nexus 10 from official 5.1.1 to your ROM (September version) and everything works well, expect, the ROM only sees a total of 1.1GB RAM instead of 2GB RAM.
It says it uses ~660MB (which are 60%) and there are ~440MB free.
How is that? I restarted the tablet couple of times but still.
Apps are aggressively killed because lack of RAM.
Any ideas?

Thanks again!

1GB is for the VRAM so system is left with 1GB.

Reactions: amitroutray

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
@plainbum back during followmsi's time, if you need a working audio jack, you would need to flash an older kernel after flashing the ROM. You can try doing it again but be sure to make a nandroid backup first. You can still find the kernel here on xda. Just use the search function.

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Unfortunately the problem with playing videos for me still exists. Either the app is crashing or it just reboots. Any ideas how to fix that?

Reactions: aleksik

KiD3991

Dec 21, 2012
Unfortunately the problem with playing videos for me still exists. Either the app is crashing or it just reboots. Any ideas how to fix that?

Oh man, really? That's annoying. I'll get to it during this month's build. Not even sure if it affects the 8.1 build. Sorry for the disturbances.

Reactions: geronimoge

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Just out of interest @KiD3991: Will you post it here when a new build is ready? If not I'll just have a look in the drive folder now and then. Thanks!

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Can anyone test if your manta would behave like mine?
I'm on September 11 build. If I open Moonreader to read a PDF, and then play music using stock music player, go back to reading using moon reader, after a short while, music would stop playing. Music gets killed. It doesn't even show on recent. Does this happen to your manta too?

KiD3991

Dec 21, 2012
Just out of interest @KiD3991: Will you post it here when a new build is ready? If not I'll just have a look in the drive folder now and then. Thanks!

Yeah, it's in my build queue now :)

Can anyone test if your manta would behave like mine?
I'm on September 11 build. If I open Moonreader to read a PDF, and then play music using stock music player, go back to reading using moon reader, after a short while, music would stop playing. Music gets killed. It doesn't even show on recent. Does this happen to your manta too?

I will test. Hang on sir.

Top Liked Posts