[ROM][N10][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum ★[15/07/17]

Search This thread

pottendo

Jan 27, 2012
Hi,
in case your N10 suffers from the infamous 'battery shows 40% - without notice shuts down' effect, you may consider a cheap battery change.
Together with this ROM my beloved N10 is like new... ? (I've spent 37€, the change is quite simple).
Thanks everyone here to continue the great SW support!
Bye, pottendo

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

amitroutray

Dec 31, 2011
Hi,
in case your N10 suffers from the infamous 'battery shows 40% - without notice shuts down' effect, you may consider a cheap battery change.
Together with this ROM my beloved N10 is like new... [emoji3] (I've spent 37€, the change is quite simple).
Thanks everyone here to continue the great SW support!
Bye, pottendo

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
Our Battery working good. Giving a nice backup with this ROM :)

Triggered from rn4

frov

Dec 31, 2014
Tilburg
Google Nexus 10
Google Pixel C
HI!
just flashed. No problems, but now my external audio DAC, connected via usb port doesn't work.
When I insert the usb cable the loudspeaker of the tablet stops to sound, but no music arrive from the Dac and the loudspeakers.

Somebody knows if this ROM can manage the external Dacs?

Thank you

It may just be audio in general, i can't get it to play by any means other than the onboard speakers

Using the N10 with a HDMI cable to connect to TV gives no sound. Is this related maybe or a known issue?
I never ran this N10 on stock so I dunno whether it works there. Does anyone know/remember? Tnx.

Cnhamm532

Nov 14, 2011
Using the N10 with a HDMI cable to connect to TV gives no sound. Is this related maybe or a known issue?
I never ran this N10 on stock so I dunno whether it works there. Does anyone know/remember? Tnx.
Mine has always worked. It shows the video fine. That's actually what I use mine for, to watch tv. But mine won't play audio by any means other than the speakers. I've reflashed, all clean flashes, a few times and still nothing. I'm not a noob, so it's not lack of experience, but i can't figure this out for the life of me.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Obbeh

Oct 29, 2012
Is there any fix for Youtube? Or any 3rd party apps that can be used? Such a great ROM. Has made my N10 usable again after so many years on stock and being slow and buggy.

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
Other than it freezing every few minutes while watching games through the at bat app, this ROM is amazing! I do wish i could find a way to use viper on it, volume is quite low while plugged into AUX, especially.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

swaaye

Mar 16, 2011
Reactions: DonKilluminati23

turbakiasss

Jul 31, 2012
When I charge mine without power it off, it takes almost a day for a fully charge. If I power it off, then after some hours it is charged. Is this a known issue?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zoltrix

Nov 18, 2007
Tdot
Hi all

Just brought life back to my N10 by getting this awesome ROM installed!
Thank you!

Just wanted some feedback on how to get Magisk working so i can install Netflix from the appstore.(currently netflix does not appear when i search for it in the app store)
When i install Magisk i see that the SafetyNet checks fail. (ctsProfile: False and basicIntegrity: false)

Do i need to remove SuperSU 100% before installing Magisk?

Thank you!

EDIT: Tried running this un-root tool, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63615067

I'm pretty sure i got root removed, but Magisk still doesn't pass SafetyNet

Last edited:

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I tried for a while to get Magisk fully working, and never have. Root works fine, but I still get red flags on CTS & basic integrity. But since I want only root, I'm ok with that. Unless you have a specific need for all-green flags, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Edit: this refers only to my N10; I get all green on my N5 & N6.

Reactions: zoltrix

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Hi all

Just brought life back to my N10 by getting this awesome ROM installed!
Thank you!

Just wanted some feedback on how to get Magisk working so i can install Netflix from the appstore.(currently netflix does not appear when i search for it in the app store)
When i install Magisk i see that the SafetyNet checks fail. (ctsProfile: False and basicIntegrity: false)

Do i need to remove SuperSU 100% before installing Magisk?

Thank you!

EDIT: Tried running this un-root tool, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63615067

I'm pretty sure i got root removed, but Magisk still doesn't pass SafetyNet

Try "Magisk Hide" switch off and on in Magisk Manager settings and then try pass safety net again.

Reactions: zoltrix

zoltrix

Nov 18, 2007
Tdot
I tried for a while to get Magisk fully working, and never have. Root works fine, but I still get red flags on CTS & basic integrity. But since I want only root, I'm ok with that. Unless you have a specific need for all-green flags, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Edit: this refers only to my N10; I get all green on my N5 & N6.

Thank you.
Right, i followed the exact same steps as i did on my N6P and all is fine
But on my N10 it's failing.
I just want Magisk to work so i can download Netflix again without having to try and sideload the APK.

Try "Magisk Hide" switch off and on in Magisk Manager settings and then try pass safety net again.

Ok, so i tried to flip the switch and turn it off then close the app. But when i reenter the manager app, it's still turned on in the settings.
Thoughts?

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Thank you.
Right, i followed the exact same steps as i did on my N6P and all is fine
But on my N10 it's failing.
I just want Magisk to work so i can download Netflix again without having to try and sideload the APK.

Ok, so i tried to flip the switch and turn it off then close the app. But when i reenter the manager app, it's still turned on in the settings.
Thoughts?

Try switch off and back on without closing the app and check safety net again.

CrucialBT

Feb 4, 2011
Love this ROM! Only problem is the same one mentioned above. Can't get Magisk to work properly. It appears to be a mounting problem from the log, but I don't know enough about it to fix it. I'd love to get it working so I can start using Netflix offline.
The log mentions:
mount /dev/block/loop0 -> /magisk failed with 22: Invalid argument

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
The last update I did was the March one. I'm going to install the latest one today. Is it still the same way to install?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0WMoeXoh.png%3F1

The Pure Nexus Project

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Keep in mind, this is an unofficial build, all credit to PureNexus team and scanno + khaon for their hard work

Working:
    * Display
    * Wifi
    * BT
    * Audio (including mic)
    * Vibrate
    * youtube
    * Selinux is enforced
    * overclocking + other features (see khaon kernel for the full list)
    * Storage
    Etc

Not Working:
    * Camera: so this is the deal, camera isn't working, I see cm is bringing up manta and perhaps there's a chance that they may fix camera but right now the exynos framework of the camera keeps crashing, draining a ton of battery and keeping the CPU awake. Also some apps, mainly youtube don't work because of it. So I have disabled the camera all together and now youtube works. I don't think its as important as camera phones since its a pretty crappy camera anyway but if its fixed ill add it.
    * DRM blobs broken
    * Small delay in click sounds in UI
    * you tell me if anything else is broken :)

Instructions:
    1. Wipe everything :)
    2. Flash rom
    3. Flash gapps (make sure you flashed the one linked here or you get a FC in the wizard
    4. flash root
    5. Reboot and enjoy

Downloads:

ROM: Download Latest
    Gapps: SlimGapps 7.1.2
    Root: Download

Credits:
    @scanno , @Khaon , Team PureNexusRom

Rom Source: https://github.com/PureNexusProject
    kernel source: https://github.com/sooti/android_kernel_samsung_manta
    Device Source: https://github.com/sooti/android_device_samsung_manta

Local Manifest for those who want to build there own
    https://github.com/sooti/local_manifest
    Instructions to build your own:
    1. setup android build machine (instruction on googles android source site)
    2. init the purenexus repo using the instructions on their manifest repo
    3. Create a file called roomservice.xml and place it into '.repo/local_manifests' in your build directory
    4. copy the contents of my roomservice.xml from the link above into your roomservice.xml you just created
    5. repo sync and build!
    I am pretty busy so I won't have too much time to help all the time, please try to google issues before messaging me, goodluck

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][N10][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum ★[15/07/17], ROM for the Google Nexus 10

Contributors
    sooti, scanno, khaon
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-15

Created 2016-10-22
    Last Updated 2017-07-14
    Building new build with @scanno's fix for cropping and a fix for some files I forgot to pull for pure nexus vendor.

I'll update when its up

EDIT: new build is up
    New build is up
    New build of pure nexus 7.1.2 is up

Please make sure you flash this gapps, especially if you do a clean wipe! or you will have a FC on wizard
    New build is being uploaded,

also due to many requests I have updated the 'local_manifest' on my repo, as well as my repos to allow anyone to build it, i will post details on the main page after upload is complete