FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Manta][6.0.1] *xx.09.2016* CyanogenMod 13.0 [Official Nightlies]

1,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,996

By hanspampel, Senior Member on 8th January 2015, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok guys, here it is. There are now official [s]CM12[/s] CM13.0 Nightlies for our Nexus 10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cyanogen-logo-lollipop.jpg
Views:	8616
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	3104925

General Info:
Quote:

CyanogenMod is a free and open source Android distribution that currently supports the Nexus 10.
Detailed information can be found at our wiki

Nexus 10 Specific Info:
Quote:

Nexus 10 specific install instructions, links to source, and other information can be found on the Nexus 10 CyanogenMod wiki page here.

Who to follow:
Quote:

To keep up with the latest in development checkout:
CyanogenMod Google+ Community
CyanogenMod Google+

What to Install:
Quote:

CyanogenMod has several release types: Stable, M series, and Nightlies.
End users are encouraged to installed either the Stable releases or the M series.
Stable releases are not regularly released and are on a "when it is done" basis. The M series are released roughly monthly and are generally stable enough for a daily driver, particularly for Nexus devices.

Nightly builds are part of our automated build system intended to help developers test their code. At any given time there *will* be bugs in the nightly builds. New code is first submitted for peer review at the CyanogenMod gerrit. Because CyanogenMod supports a wide variety of devices, only so many issues can be efficiently caught in the review stage. Once the code is accepted it is then tested on a wider scale in the nightly builds. Since the nightly builds contain such new code, they are not intended for end users.

Reporting Bugs:
Quote:

Bugs for M series releases should be reported using the CyanogenMod Jira Tracker
Bugs only found in the nightly builds should not be reported in Jira and can be discussed here. In particular, it would be best to keep mostly bug discussion specific to the Nexus 10 in this thread.

Features
  • All what CM has inside
  • Translucent Decor
  • BETA-SuperSU-v2.66 (no need - you can set in in developer menu)

Changelog

• take a look at here (not actually)

Download
  • ROM

Thanks to

Google for there newest Firmware
Samsung for there device
Cyanogen Team for there awesome source
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to hanspampel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hanspampel Ad-Free

8th January 2015, 06:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does the latest CM12 build have expanded desktop?
8th January 2015, 09:09 PM |#3  
Flag Pesaro
Thanks Meter: 2

More
error during flash nightly zip
Today I tried to install the first CM12 nightly released (cm-12-20150108-NIGHTLY-manta.zip ) and the result is .... error during flash zip from recovery (I tried both with CWM and TWRP but same result).
Someone managed to install it, or had the same my problem?
I'll wait for the next nightly to try again and see if the problem is the corrupt zip.
Thanks to those who give me feedback.
8th January 2015, 09:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yecca

Today I tried to install the first CM12 nightly released (cm-12-20150108-NIGHTLY-manta.zip ) and the result is .... error during flash zip from recovery (I tried both with CWM and TWRP but same result).
I'll wait for the next nightly to try again and see if the problem is the corrupt zip.

I have installed it without problems using the last TWRP 2.8.3.0 version
and this GApps https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps
8th January 2015, 10:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
How can I change the cyanogen boot animation to the official lollipop one?
9th January 2015, 02:33 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yecca

Make sure /system is unmounted before flashing, just /data and /cache should be mounted. If so, check your md5s. Always check your md5s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruszzz

Does the latest CM12 build have expanded desktop?

I don't think so, at least the ROM I'm using on hammerhead, which is based on the 1/07 CM12 nightly, does not. Soon hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbothegreat

How can I change the cyanogen boot animation to the official lollipop one?

Download a good lollipop boot animation, place the file in the correct spot w/ root and set permissions. Use this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580642 I personally use /data/local/ so I don't have to backup the old one. Permissions must be rwx r-- r-- . Set in a root browser, like CM's file explorer, or "Root Browser," like I like to use.

@hanspampel and all others, PA gapps fails because CM12 stuffs the /system partition to its limit for some stupid reason (it's ridiculous, I use a ROM on the N5 that has a lot more features and options than CM12, yet has almost 500MB free in /system, but I digress ). I like to use PA Stock, but you can't use anything more than PA nano or pico with CM12. Micro "might" work, but I don't know. You need to leave room for updates and such, and I think PA micro left me with 32B (yes, BYTES!) free on manta with unofficial 01/03. Adaway failed to install host files, so I reflashed. Might I recommend banks gapps? http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps
The Following User Says Thank You to Koopa777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koopa777 Ad-Free
9th January 2015, 02:39 AM |#7  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I installed this today, no issues here.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
9th January 2015, 07:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Download a good lollipop boot animation, place the file in the correct spot w/ root and set permissions. Use this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580642 I personally use /data/local/ so I don't have to backup the old one. Permissions must be rwx r-- r-- . Set in a root browser, like CM's file explorer, or "Root Browser," like I like to use.

Thanks, could it be done automatically?, I don't like digging in the system files
9th January 2015, 12:49 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Installed also yesterday without any problems. First boot takes looong and do you also have that the cm boot animation is very very slow in comparison to a phone?
Until now I am happy and waiting for the upcoming cm features.
9th January 2015, 03:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have problems with my wifi connection. Does anybody else has this Problem?
9th January 2015, 11:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Does ota new nightlies version search and changelog display work for anybody?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)