FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AliExpress Batteries

514 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I was wondering if someone on here bought replacement batteries on AliExpress and could provide some feedback is it worth or they are selling low quality products that will lose it's capacity or explode, leak by 1 month of using?
The Following User Says Thank You to mesaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mesaj Ad-Free

6th May 2016, 07:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm very much at a new battery stage and would mind some first hand experience, or ANYWHERE I can buy quality batteries that haven't sat around for years or half ruined...
12th May 2016, 06:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leperousdust

I'm very much at a new battery stage and would mind some first hand experience, or ANYWHERE I can buy quality batteries that haven't sat around for years or half ruined...

I would be interested to hear as well. From what I see on Ebay/Amazon, many batteries are pulls from old phones, even when they are advertised as new (there is glue on the back, etc). Which means unless your battery is totally dead it won't offer much improvement. Particularly if they are abused by sitting on shelves for a year discharged.

I do know the OEM battery has a manufacturing date on the bottom, however I really doubt they are still being made.

I have looked for batteries made by reputable 3rd party makers like Anker but they seem to cater to the removable battery phone, not internal.
12th May 2016, 07:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I don't care about it being original, but it sure needs to be good. Seems we have no options so far.
13th May 2016, 04:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
My Nexus 4 battery died and I had to change it.

The first battery I got was from https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SMMFWZQ
It worked well but after 3 months, I was back to 50% capacity. It seemed like a reconditioned battery. It had a date on it which was January 2015. However the label had been tampered with, some sections were blacked out with a marker.

So I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X1USMBA
This seems to be a new battery made out of new cells.
After one month this battery still holds 100% charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
23rd May 2016, 09:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I bought the one mentioned in the battery thread in this forum back in January of 2016 and have not had any issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252122662276...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The Following User Says Thank You to pjc123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pjc123 Ad-Free
12th June 2016, 07:03 PM |#7  

More
just got 2200 mah battery from ali, will test it and share my thoughts soon
16th June 2016, 02:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Aliexpress still sells original OEM LG batteries marked with Jan 2016 Date. I thought LG stopped making these batteries some time ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
24th June 2016, 12:52 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Katowice
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basmatek

Aliexpress still sells original OEM LG batteries marked with Jan 2016 Date. I thought LG stopped making these batteries some time ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Could you share a link?
2nd July 2016, 06:16 PM |#10  

More
Hey
i bought this www.ebay.com/itm/301596384001
i replaced it two days ago and its great performance
7th July 2016, 09:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
you can buy the original battery (and almost every part of the nexus 4 ,5, 5x) at (official spare parts distributer providing worldwide delivery): http://www.spareslg.com/gb/bateria-l...ery&results=16
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, china, mah, nexus4, replacement

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)