Remove All Ads from XDA

the battery of my nexus 4 go mad should i change it

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By ahmedvip2008, Member on 2nd August 2016, 10:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Guys

today my phone i don't know whats happening

the battery be 50 and go 70 and then go 2 so i don't know whats happening should i replace battery or what

i install (Ampere) app and tell me the health of battery is good so i don't what i should do

3rd August 2016, 03:01 AM |#2  
Flag Kenosha
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would replace the battery. Battery is cheap on ebay even they are likely to be faked. I replaced batteries both of my Nexus 4 with those potential fake one. The temperature sensor isn't working on one of them so I know it is faked. But it doesn't give me trouble so far. I bought three from three different sellers.
3rd August 2016, 08:47 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFYL

I would replace the battery. Battery is cheap on ebay even they are likely to be faked. I replaced batteries both of my Nexus 4 with those potential fake one. The temperature sensor isn't working on one of them so I know it is faked. But it doesn't give me trouble so far. I bought three from three different sellers.

it took too long 2 month and i dont know where i can buy it from i found these buyers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Goog...XlwHx#shpCntId

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...e-c20b339243ff
8th August 2016, 02:05 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedvip2008

Hello Guys

today my phone i don't know whats happening

the battery be 50 and go 70 and then go 2 so i don't know whats happening should i replace battery or what

i install (Ampere) app and tell me the health of battery is good so i don't what i should do

Hello,
I've got the SAME problem with my Nexus 4 this week.
I'll try to say what happened (and I didn't resolve this yet)

First of all, it is shuting down my N4 all the time. I need to keep it at charged.
I tried to change my battery with a friend (with N4 too) and the problem persists.
I tried to change our USB modules, without success.
At this phone everything is working alright, even with battery (so it isn't a battery problem).

I cannot charge my battery or calibrate it. I charged my battery at his N4 and put at my N4: "74% battery" (it was 100%).

My gauge do some crazy jumps. It's like "15%, 76%, 100%" and when i put it off "100%, 44%, 2%".
NOTE: I tried to calibrate several times.

It keeps shuting down at normal use.
This problem occurs -at the first time- when I was at Android 5.1.1 (Chroma ROM). I changed to Android 6.0.1 and it still not working.

At charger works very fine.
At "TWRP" it works fine too (don't shutdown)

I REALLY don't know what can I do.

Now, i'm will install a Stock Rom just for science.
8th August 2016, 09:08 AM |#5  

More
I have this problem(random shutdown,random reboot,when plug in battery dance) too. 6 six month ago I changed battery because phone battery drained as ****,so I used my phone only when plugged in (battery wasn't charging,just keep charge) and one day I used my n4 too long without charging, so battery drains. n4 died till I changed battery.
Everything stock, android 5.1.1 LMY48T, still hoping for OTA updates.English isn't my mother language, so will be pleased if you check it

Now I think about buying new phone. As for me its to much change battery one more time. Or itsnt batterys' fault?
23rd August 2016, 06:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I got back the Nexus 4 from a relative because she got a new phone. Also a cousin had a nexus 4. The batteries are terrible. Its been over 3 years so this was expected. I'm hoping the new battery will give it respectable SOT. Right now it just randomly dies at 50% or higher. And I have to wait for it to really die before I can bring it back to life. Its got the RED LED of Death.

Got to say, its a beautiful phone still. Forgot how nice it was
1st September 2016, 01:54 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
i buy new battery now its work fine
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmedvip2008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahmedvip2008 Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 11:41 PM |#8  
Flag Kano
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedvip2008

i buy new battery now its work fine

link pls
The Following User Says Thank You to ryusufu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryusufu Ad-Free
19th January 2017, 10:04 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryusufu

link pls

no its from local seller
7th February 2017, 07:54 PM |#10  

More
Beware! The majority of batteries sold on ebay are fake! You can identify them by the look: their print on the label is not white, it's more like a dirty grey. Also they are smaller (1-3mm) in length and width. Also they lack a temperature sensor and constantly report a temperature of 22-23°C. A quick check with a hairdryer will reveal it. Don't install these fake ones. I did twice and both failed within less than 100 cycles. Runtime was poor and they were swollen so much they lifted away the back cover!
9th February 2017, 10:12 AM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 135

More
I just got a Nexus 4 that my mother was using and installed CM13 and now Lineage 14.1 for my father to use. I'm also facing these random shutdowns.

On my last charge, I charged to 100% without any problem and left the phone in standby for a day and a half which took it down to 89%. I then used it last night to give it some SOT and left it at 74%. Just before going to bed, I pressed the power button and nothing. With a long press the phone booted and reported the battery at 73%. Waking up this morning I expected to press the power button and find the phone on something like 67%. Once again the phone had shut down and when I booted, the battery was on 2% and shutdown itself down straight after boot.

If the battery performance is rubbish, I can accept that due to the age of the phone. What I cant accept is totally inaccurate battery reporting and shutdowns.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)