FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

dbrand.com N4 skins

879 posts
Thanks Meter: 406
 
By kcbboy, Senior Member on 12th January 2013, 05:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2013, 12:42 AM |#1551  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Re: dbrand.com N4 skins
^ I used the edge of my nail to smooth and deburr the edges of the skin. The edge is that smooth now I can hardly feel it. I recommend everyone should try this as it makes a big difference to how it feels when the phone is in your hand. Its also a lot easier to do before apply the skin to the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cmberry20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmberry20 Ad-Free
 
 
16th March 2013, 02:02 AM |#1552  
dbrandSkins's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblake15

The problem is it catches all of my pocket to lint on the edges. Annoying. Otherwise very nice

Can you take a close-up pic of the edge of the skin? We designed it to be 0.5mm short on every side, ensuring that it wouldn't catch lint on the way in and out of your pocket. The most likely scenario is that you applied it *ever so incorrectly*. Perhaps check that there's a sliver of glass showing on each side of the skin.
16th March 2013, 02:08 AM |#1553  
undercover's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
More
Re: dbrand.com N4 skins
Still thinking of design. Decided it to be white or silver (depending on texture available) and black insert. Hmmm, I'll keep looking around for ideas.
Jeffs one looks awesome.

--------------------------------
Sent from my fridge. Make: LG Model: N⁴ :flipoff2:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift undercover Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 02:54 AM |#1554  
Senior Member
Flag Hilo
Thanks Meter: 192
 
Donate to Me
More
dbrand.com N4 skins
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandSkins

Can you take a close-up pic of the edge of the skin? We designed it to be 0.5mm short on every side, ensuring that it wouldn't catch lint on the way in and out of your pocket. The most likely scenario is that you applied it *ever so incorrectly*. Perhaps check that there's a sliver of glass showing on each side of the skin.

I have the same issue of the edges being a lint magnet, including on the inside edges of the cutouts, and from what I can tell on mine, the skin is perfectly cut to cover the entire glass edge to edge. The cut out holes are all perfectly centered spot on. There's a slight gap I think between the glass and rubber edges of the Nexus 4, and the skin doesn't overhang the gap certainly. Honestly not that big of a deal though in the grand scheme of things, as a bumper or case covers up those edges anyways.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363398737.082233.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1808217Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363398764.245396.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1808218
16th March 2013, 02:57 AM |#1555  
dbrandSkins's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsydeon

I have the same issue of the edges being a lint magnet, including on the inside edges of the cutouts, and from what I can tell on mine, the skin is perfectly cut to cover the entire glass edge to edge. The cut out holes are all perfectly centered spot on. There's a slight gap I think between the glass and rubber edges of the Nexus 4, and the skin doesn't overhang the gap certainly. Honestly not that big of a deal though in the grand scheme of things, as a bumper or case covers up those edges anyways.

Attachment 1808217Attachment 1808218

Good to see you applied it flawlessly. So now the next step to ensure it doesn't collect lint in the future is to rub all four sides vigorously against like sweatpants or something that will definitely catch lint. It will kill all the exposed adhesive around the edges. Once you've rubbed it forcibly, take off all the lint that's stuck on the edges. It shouldn't collect it at all from that point forward.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dbrandSkins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dbrandSkins Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 03:03 AM |#1556  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAm-0

Thanks for the quick reply! All the information seems to be correct, and I'm sure the funds are there, but I'll try again to make sure I have the billing address correct.

EDIT: Bah, I'm not sure what the problem is.

I had the same problem. The website wouldnt accept my bank card but my credit card worked. New gas stations that have opened up recently have had problems running bank cards so im assuming its the same type of issue.
16th March 2013, 03:22 AM |#1557  
rreno's Avatar
Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Re: dbrand.com N4 skins
Robot, I saw red-blue carbon fiber fusion few pages behind. I actually want black-dark red fusion. Is there any chance you have that kind of combination?

Sent from my Nexus 4
16th March 2013, 03:40 AM |#1558  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
A few people on reddit bought it and they said it has been great so far in terms of fitment. One had the carbon one and the other I believe had titanium or leather.
16th March 2013, 08:56 AM |#1559  
nexicon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kansas CIty
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
Re: dbrand.com N4 skins
Robot, currently I'm on a Note 2 i've switched over to from my Nexus and I just wanted to tell you, above all the features of the Nexus, the only thing that was keeping me from selling my Nexus was your amazingly awesome skin. I sh*t you not, metallic brethren (sisteren?). Seeing these custom orders come to fruition is driving me nuts and may convince me to come back to pay patronage to you again! I was one of your early customers and hope to be again some day! Thanks again! And good luck to the company.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
16th March 2013, 11:00 AM |#1560  
dbrandSkins's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexicon

Robot, currently I'm on a Note 2 i've switched over to from my Nexus and I just wanted to tell you, above all the features of the Nexus, the only thing that was keeping me from selling my Nexus was your amazingly awesome skin. I sh*t you not, metallic brethren (sisteren?). Seeing these custom orders come to fruition is driving me nuts and may convince me to come back to pay patronage to you again! I was one of your early customers and hope to be again some day! Thanks again! And good luck to the company.

so much <3
16th March 2013, 04:42 PM |#1561  
Account currently disabled
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
My Black Titanium skin arrived today. I paid for it on the 12/3, I'm very impressed at the speed of delivery! (Canada to the UK)
By the way, to anyone who is contemplating on buying one... do it! they look even better in real life.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes