Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2013, 05:29 AM |#2071  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
White leather with the official bumper

7th April 2013, 05:57 AM |#2072  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Anyone have a working coupon code? I tried XDA but it won't work, keeps giving me invalid coupon code errors.

Thank you,

Thomas
7th April 2013, 05:59 AM |#2073  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire5003

Anyone have a working coupon code? I tried XDA but it won't work, keeps giving me invalid coupon code errors.

Thank you,

Thomas

Search coupon code in the thread when you get a chance. It's been posted a few times already. I did and also DTJB as well.
7th April 2013, 06:19 AM |#2074  
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Love these! Ordered the black leather and carbon, the former looking pretty dang classy as expected The black carbon looks really nice, perfect amount of texture and some added grip. Looks great with bumper. Opted for the no nexus cutout, figure one extra pic couldn't hurt. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4
7th April 2013, 07:45 AM |#2075  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,652

More
Hey guys!!!!!!

Sorry for being AFK the past few days. We've had a lot to handle in terms of the new launch of the Z10 (shipping lots of units, getting triple-A BlackBerry sites to cover the press release, etc...) It looks like the second upgrade to an even more powerful dedicated server totally screwed us on the email transfer. None of our info[at]dbrand emails were working for 4 days, meaning we had a few thousand emails to respond to all at once. It was nuts.

Not only that but I had this brilliant plan to post some pics on imgur of imgur branded skins. The intent was to get some exposure, community feedback, and hopefully the imgur admins would see it and contact us. Fortunately, it went exactly as planned. Made it to the #1 viral spot with over 7,000 upvotes in 24 hours. Boss got a call that same day from the imgur COO, ecstatic about getting imgur branded skins on the market. Not sure if there's any imgurites here, but they'll be available for the Nexus 4 some time late next week on our site.

The new Black CF is in stock, but we're still running through the remaining CF before we crack open the new roll. It'll probably be used up by the end of the week, at which point we'll post here to let everyone know we're using the new CF. We've ordered the Mahogany, Gold, and Silver CF. It should be here in about 6-8 weeks.

In any case, things have settled down and I'll be back here daily to be a part of this fantastic thread. Many thanks to the great community we have here, responding to fellow XDA members on their questions and providing accurate support in my absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe2675

Members, please stop the attacking/name calling and back & forth to each other....This is your Warning. Thank You.

Not sure what happened here, but it sounds bad. Anyone wanna PM me the details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesatri

hi Robot!

It only took 7 days to get the black envelope in Spain! (with easter holiday inbetween!!!!).

However.. it arrived with two scratches on the X of nexus.. i assume it's when the tweezers were used to remove the cutouts..

I have replied to email confirmation (order 24483), with high hopes

Attaching the image..

Thanks!

Just took a look and we responded to your email. Sorry about that. The weeding (technical term for removing vinyl cutouts) Robots discovered a new technique about a week ago where instead of poking the cutouts from the back, they sort of "slide" them off from the top. While it saved a lot of time and prevented cutouts from getting stuck to the back, it ended up with a lot more defective units like the one you got. We've reverted back to the old mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingster

The back glass of my Nexus 4 is cracked . Now I need a skin not only to cover the cracks but more importantly stabilize the glass so it does not crack more or break into pieces.

Dbrand, you mentioned in a previous post that you offer a dual-layered skin with 3M adhesive that I think would apply in my case. I could not find it on your site, all I see is regular single layer "static cling" skins. How do I order dual-layered skin and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance.

Just a note, none of our skins are "static cling", they all utilize 3M adhesive. Dual-layered skins can be purchased by buying two normal skins, then specifying in the Special Instructions during checkout which is supposed to be the top layer. So for example if you bought a Carbon Black and White Leather, then specified "Carbon Black on top" in the Special Instructions, the White Leather would serve as the bottom layer. Note that the bottom layer is the colour/style that the "nexus" letters will show through as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysdafur

Got my black leather skin. The material is very easy to work with.

I thought I read that if you ordered color leather you would get 3 but I only got 1. I hope the edges on mine stay nice.r

Not to fear, the black leather you have is indestructible. It won't ever lose colour or fade. The offer we have in place is for coloured leather (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink).

Quote:
Originally Posted by majnu

"XDA" coupon code shows as invalid. Has this expired?
Also since I would like posting to the UK are there any plans to release the Oak/Mahogany effect skin soon as I would like to buy a few skins and have them combined into one postage.

Mahogany is still being manufactured at the 3M facility, we should have it in about 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecQuality

ORDERED my skin a week ago, TODAY i received it!!!

from Canada to Italy! AWESOME SERVICE!

woohooooooo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallsmx3

Are the titanium skins made from vinyl or metal? What are the odds you could make an aluminum back plate

All our skins are made with 100% authentic 3M vinyl, textured to mimic the style it's named (carbon fiber, titanium, or leather). A real aluminum/titanium back plate would totally ruin the reception on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimooo3

Hey, dbrand robot, I just ordered my dbrand skin and am in the US. Do you know when I could expect an arrival/ship date.

We ship within 48 hours, usually the morning after you order (obviously excluding Fridays). The new delivery method we use for US orders has seen the wait time cut down from 2-3 weeks to less than a week. Expect once it ships that it will arrive within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecQuality

Hey guys, I'm wondering about removing this skin it's hard to do?

Not at all, just use a pin/blade to pry in-between the device and the skin. Once it's been slightly lifted, it should come off with no problem. Be careful not to rip the "e" letter during removal. If you have a piece of scotch tape, it's ideal if you put it over the "nexus" lettering before removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed.qadiqadi

Are the new Black CF skins Out?

We just got them in on Friday, we'll probably start using it in about a week once all the old CF is out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed.qadiqadi

How slippery is the black leather, is it slipper than a naked nexus?
Also i don't know why but the black titanium looks like it has a rough texture.Does it?

Naked Nexus = absurdly slipper. Black Leather Nexus = average level of grip. The black titanium doesn't have a "rough" texture at all, but it certainly does have one of the most pronounced textures among all the skins we offer. It has hundreds of micro-ridges on the surface, which reflect the light and give the illusion of brushed titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The H

Is there a difference in texture between: Titanium and carbon fibre?

Yes. Yes there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

Robot we hits a problem. I got my nexus 7 black carbon skin today and the middle of the "e" on the nexus cutout is missing.
Order Number: 24614

That's madness!!! Obviously we'll send you a new one, but just out of curiosity... was the piece floating around somewhere within the packaging? Need to know whether it was an in-transit failure, or whether I have to go slap one of the shipping Robots. Also sorry about the super unprofessional packaging that it came in, we're printing new inserts which are properly sized for each device on Tuesday.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dbrandSkins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dbrandSkins Ad-Free
7th April 2013, 07:48 AM |#2076  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Hey robots! Do you think is possible to do a 2 color cf?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
7th April 2013, 07:57 AM |#2077  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiz99

Hey robots! Do you think is possible to do a 2 color cf?

Not quite sure what you mean here... Like combine black and white CF into a single skin? Or colour as in like a red/orange/yellow/green/blue/purple/pink skin? If it's the latter, that's definitely something we want to do. Unfortunately, our RnD department hasn't cracked the solution to finding a scratch-proof method of applying colour onto a white material. To add a second level of complexity, colouring carbon fiber with ink means that all the textured grooves get sort of "filled in", ultimately removing the texture altogether.

This inability to find a "scratchproof" method of colouring carbon fiber is the same reason we're discontinuing our coloured leather series. While we have opted to purchase coloured leather which is dyed through-and-through straight from the 3M factory, this is not a cost-effective option for carbon fiber. If there's any breaking developments, XDA will surely be the first to know.
7th April 2013, 08:51 AM |#2078  
Flag Hilo
Thanks Meter: 192

Donate to Me
More
Hey Robot, good to see your presence here again! I think you missed my issue though back on page 201, so just wanted to bring it up again. I did also send in an email about this issue today.

Quote:

I got my order #24305 today, but unfortunately it looks like it's another one of those defective ones where the bottom left corner got cut crooked. Could I bother you robots again for a replacement of this skin? Sorry for the inconvenience, guess it's just not my luck to get two of these now.

7th April 2013, 08:58 AM |#2079  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsydeon

Hey Robot, good to see your presence here again! I think you missed my issue though back on page 201, so just wanted to bring it up again. I did also send in an email about this issue today.

Bad luck dude... 1 in 36 ends up like this, and you've gotten it twice! That like a .077160493% chance. Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket? I'll personally make sure your next one is perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbrandSkins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dbrandSkins Ad-Free
7th April 2013, 10:44 AM |#2080  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Pm'd you dbrand

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
7th April 2013, 10:52 AM |#2081  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandSkins

The new Black CF is in stock, but we're still running through the remaining CF before we crack open the new roll. It'll probably be used up by the end of the week, at which point we'll post here to let everyone know we're using the new CF. We've ordered the Mahogany, Gold, and Silver CF. It should be here in about 6-8 weeks.

Not sure if it was stated but what is the difference between the 'old' CF and the 'new' CF?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)