dbrand.com N4 skins

Search This thread

Anytime1157

Sep 13, 2010
I love reading this thread and I'm really really tempted to get some skins for me nexus, but I can't decide which to get.
I have 3 choices in mind so far,
1. Black cf
2. Black titanium
3. Mahogany
Unfortunately, for now I can only afford 2 :(

What do u guys think? I tried to search for pics of those skins but I just can't imagine the real look due to the different angles and lighting conditions.
And yeah, do the skins have similar grip or slightly different from each other?

Thanks in advance guys! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
I love reading this thread and I'm really really tempted to get some skins for me nexus, but I can't decide which to get.
I have 3 choices in mind so far,
1. Black cf
2. Black titanium
3. Mahogany
Unfortunately, for now I can only afford 2 :(

What do u guys think? I tried to search for pics of those skins but I just can't imagine the real look due to the different angles and lighting conditions.
And yeah, do the skins have similar grip or slightly different from each other?

Thanks in advance guys! :thumbup:

The black cf and Mahogany are my two favorite skins. So I would suggest those two.

>^.^< Sent From Meow HTC One

Reactions: Anytime1157

ShinnAsuka

Dec 9, 2011
Any suggestions on a carbon fiber skin with a white nexus 4 with a white bumper on it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi everyone,

Well, as far as I am concerned, I own a Nexus 4. Was so happy with it that I bought a Nexus 7 :)

Of course, I had to protect them. So I got the "Dark brushed metal" skins for both devices (front + back for the Nexus 7).

Once my order placed, I got a mail from dBrand saying "Your skins should arrive within 10 working days" [I live in France. 3 days after, they were here already !

The skins are so tightly fitted to the device that they are a little messy to apply. But once they're nicely placed, they won't move a bit and they make the devices look really gorgeous :)

I added the "Ultimate shield" skins to protect the sides of the Nexus 4 and it's screen...

Now, you might be aware that dBrand is going to release some screen protectors within the next few days...

So satisfied with the skins that I'll give them a try. What's the risk, at the price ?

Regards.

NexusPenguin

P.S. : Re-reading my post, I thought I should add that I am in no way related or work for dBrand. I'm just a satisfied customer :)

Reactions: dbrandSkins

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
Where does it say that they will release skin protectors? Link?

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

jcjr81

Jan 7, 2010
I just ordered my first skin. I went with the mahogany. I can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi detdett and 1slow4G,

That is not stated anywhere.

But here's how I know.

As you might be aware, dBrands makes front skins for the Nexus 7. Before I ordered mine, I sent them a mail to ask if those front skins also include a screen protector.

Here's their answer :
"Thanks for the email. While we don't currently offer screen protectors for the N7, we're planning to add the option to purchase anti-glare matte screen protectors for all of our devices in the next 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned!"

That was about 1 week ago, so I guess the release is not far away now. Maybe this beginning week :)

As soon as they're released, I'll order one for the N4 and one for the N7 and I'll let you know if you're interested in how they fit/apply/feel :)

Regards.

NexusPenguin

Last edited:
Reactions: dbrandSkins

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
Just over 8 hours until the release of the gold skin. Can't wait!

EDIT. looks like they updated the link and said golden titanium, coming soon
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
Where does it say that?

It's out already.

If you read fembot previous post, it was stated that the release would be this morning at around 2-3 in the morning.

I bought one already. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ShinnAsuka

Dec 9, 2011
We worked our nuts off (lots of pun intended) and really hit the mark on this gold release. Get it while it's still $9. Will be back to respond to ppl after batteries are recharged, we're all finishing up a full-weekend shift right now.

is there a limited stock or something? really want to get it, but am low on funds, was planning to get it sometime next week when i got paid lol

EfrainTrejo

Dec 22, 2012
AZ
guys i need your help the just released gold or the black carbon fiber one i cant decide i have the white carbon already which looks nice on my oem bumper from lg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got a slightly different request.. I'd like to see a skin that is a bit less flashy. Don't get me wrong, the skins on your website do look good, but they also scream "Hey, I've got this skin on the back of my phone"... and I'd like something more subtle, which might be what kcbboy was going for as well. Maybe something that is nearly all black with a bit of texture (but not leather)? Or something along those lines.

Unless we're mistaken, we thought kcbboy was going the complete opposite way with it (he wanted the holograms to show?)

The closest thing we could do for you in terms of something "less flashy" is a matte black vinyl. However, it has no texture on it and isn't the same thickness/caliber as the ones we currently offer. Due to the difference in thickness, it may be rather hard to apply without messing up the "nexus" letters. In fact, it would probably have to be cut without the "nexus" cutout. The only reason we're able to even offer the letter cutouts is because the textured vinyl we use is thick enough that the structural integrity allows the floating portions of the letters (for instance the 'e' and 's') to not go limp during installation. Hopefully we're not getting too confusing here.

If you want, we can post some pics of the N4 in black leather later. It really isn't flashy in our opinion, it's really quite subtle/classy. Then again, to each his own.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Any coupon code for the XDA community?:laugh:

Yeah, is there a coupon available for xda members? That might just put me over the edge and make me buy a few....

Honestly guys the price was $8.00 and we had to bump it to $9.00 due to the amount of effort that goes into removing the "nexus" letter cutouts with each unit. These cutouts are very intricate and very difficult to remove (requires tweezers). If the consumer was to remove them on their own, it would result in many ruined letters.

A major competitor of ours (Ghost Armor) is charging $19.99 for a back piece and $20-100 for shipping (to Canada). We charge $9.00 for the skin and $3.00 for shipping (Worldwide).

That being said, we're the most amazing company on the entire f*cking planet and are willing to give XDA members an additional 10% off. Coupon code: XDA
    Great skins for a great price.

XDA!!!!!!!

We noticed a lot of traffic coming from the XDA forums, so we figured we'd make an official dbrand inc. account to handle any questions the community may have. Instant email notifications are on, so expect quick responses to all of your posts. Feel free to ask us anything. ANYTHING. Not anything though. But seriously guys... anything.

Signed,
    A Robot
    Hey guys!

Haven't been around in a while, but just wanted to drop by and say thanks for everyone's continued support. We're hard at work on a 100% brand new website. Beta launch will be in February. We're also going to be releasing matte black and white shortly after the launch of the site, you can check out the material below. The key feature of this new material is enhanced grip. I'll frequent this thread a lot more so feel free to post up if you got any questions/concerns/order inquiries. As always, emails get responded to within 24 hours (usually within 3h these days), so email us if there's anything urgent regarding your order.

q13oegK.jpg

<3