N4 LG charger and USB cable

Search This thread

machmanx

Jan 21, 2012
Lucky

Oops, thanks for this heads up! I've used the 12V charger for weeks without any noticeable damage (though the screen goes haywire when it is plugged in). I'll switch to the original N4 charger now.

:eek: :eek: :eek: My heart nearly skipped a beat when I read your post about the 12V charger. Here I am taking good care of my Nexus 4 and you decide to stick a 12V charger in yours...wow.

You are one lucky person!! Your phone should've been fried by now, but I guess the low amperage or perhaps the charger is not outputting at full for some reason. Well now you know...stick to the 5V chargers or simpler yet...your computer's USB port.

Reactions: ajlunis

MrKaupo

Jul 27, 2012
Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f1...p880-original-line-charge-charger-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm i was looking for charger and i found in your mentioned site http://www.buychina.com/items/googl...riginal-line-charge-charger-1-2a-zxrvouslinj#

Is it really original charger for 7$? No way it's could be so cheap with shipping if they aren't stolen from factory LOL
Don't want to buy crappy charger with bad parameters.

Hmm i was looking for charger and i found in your mentioned site http://www.buychina.com/items/googl...riginal-line-charge-charger-1-2a-zxrvouslinj#

Is it really original charger for 7$? No way it's could be so cheap with shipping if they aren't stolen from factory LOL
Don't want to buy crappy charger with bad parameters.

Didn't realize it's that cheap now. Got mine when these items were not yet available in play store. Mine has been working without issue when i bought it unlike the one that came with the phone. Seems legit. I'm no expert though. And yeah, they probably have ways to get them straight from the maker

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MrKaupo

Jul 27, 2012
The code on sticker in picture is right. Well maybe the units sold in UK and USA are much more than in standart charger countrys :p

P.S.

Now i got why so cheap, there is "Classification:light grey or army green" And they are not colors, but usb wire (4$) and charger (7$). So charger with shipment is 10$

Last edited:

N4ever

Jan 24, 2013
My usb adapter would make a weird buzzing noise, kind of like Morse code, and yesterday it just stopped working.

Sent from my Nexus 4, the only phone approved by Patrick Star

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I have a few micro USB chargers lying around. Just wondering if using these would harm my N4:

12 V, 500mA
    5 V, 2.1 A
    5 V, 1.9 A
    5 V, 1 A

The 12 V 500mA charger makes my phone's screen go haywire (applications opening and closing by themselves) but it does charge the phone.

DUDE!!!! The 12V charger can KILL your phone.. The phone is designed for 5volts..

As long as the charger supplies 5 volts it is okay... even a 10 amp charger will work fine (if availiable :p).. The current is controlled by the device (nexus 4 in this case).. It will draw how much current it requires.. Voltage on the other hand is decided by the charger.... 12volts will fry the device...
    Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

The phone will only take the amps that it needs. I would get a 2A+ charger to be on the safe side.
    I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHEQ6FC/ref=aw_cr_item_title?qid=1360505932&sr=8-19

Is there anywhere that sells the original LG travel charger?

Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f1...p880-original-line-charge-charger-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Lucky

Oops, thanks for this heads up! I've used the 12V charger for weeks without any noticeable damage (though the screen goes haywire when it is plugged in). I'll switch to the original N4 charger now.

:eek: :eek: :eek: My heart nearly skipped a beat when I read your post about the 12V charger. Here I am taking good care of my Nexus 4 and you decide to stick a 12V charger in yours...wow.

You are one lucky person!! Your phone should've been fried by now, but I guess the low amperage or perhaps the charger is not outputting at full for some reason. Well now you know...stick to the 5V chargers or simpler yet...your computer's USB port.