FORUMS

[Review] Noreve Illumination Leather Case (Onyx)

721 posts
Thanks Meter: 258

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

Wanted to post a review for another Noreve case, the first review being the one I did for the Nexus 7 case, which can be found here

I'd like to first mention that my case arrived before my phone did (anyone surprised?), however I was able to test this out on a friends N4.

As always, packaging from Noreve is top notch.

Upon opening the box, you are greeted with a bright red pouch in which the actual case itself comes in. I don't know who's idea this was, but it was a good one. Definitely the nicest packaging job I've seen for a case, bar none.

After taking the actual case out of the box, you are greeted by the unmistakable smell of high quality leather. Don't be surprised if you find yourself sniffing your case! The finish on this particular case is from the Illumination series, which comes in black (onyx), or maia (gold) or platinum. This is the case in the Onyx finish. The Illumination series has a very smooth, polished leather, making it shiny and easy to clean. Finger prints are not an issue with the case, which is a plus.

Note the hole for the LED indicator on the front. It's perfect, and a very classy touch. I am glad they haven't overlooked that.

And here is a detailed look of the inside of the case.

Here is a close up of the stitching,

Here is a view of the back of the case, and also another close up of the stitching :

Another nice addition Noreve always incorporates into their cases is the speaker grill, to keep dust out of the case.

A view from the left,

And a view from the right,

The case gives you easy access to all the ports you need, and the cutouts for the camera are flawlessly done. It feels great in the hand, doesn't add too much bulk, and would easily protect the phone from most major falls. I can't see fluids doing any damage to the phone with the case on either, unless you submerge it in water, which I'm pretty sure none of us would do

The first case I got from Noreve was the N7 case, and I still absolutely love it. It made me like my device even more, and top of that, it just looks ten times better now. Even after months of use, the smell of leather still faintly greets me each and every time. I wanted to give another Noreve product a try, and this one hits the ball out of the park for me as well. Excellent craftsmanship throughout, and equally excellent customer service, which to me is extremely important. It unfortunately seems to be a rarity these days, but the people at Noreve are extremely friendly and helpful.

The price for this case in standard black is 46 Euros, with free shipping anywhere in the world with DHL. I received this case in 2 business days, which was lightning fast, despite not being located in France. The prices change with their finishing options and belt clip options, as they offer belt clips in plastic as well as metal, or in my case, no belt clip at all.

Some would say that that's a bit expensive for a case, and I disagree. I'm of the mind that if you're going to buy something, buy it once and don't worry about it. You get what you pay for. I remember paying $45 for an Otterbox Defender case, and the plastic casing broke after 7 months, rendering the case completely useless. That Otterbox was nothing but plastic and silicon anyway, and in my opinion did not warranty the price tag. With Noreve, you get a premium, hand crafted leather case, so I think it's well worth it. Personally I've wasted too much money in the past on crummy cases. Never again.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this case, and would rate it a solid 5 out o 5.

Thank you for reading! Here is a direct link to their Nexus 4 product page.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ynrozturk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ynrozturk Ad-Free
30th January 2013, 01:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
If I were to spend 60€ on a case I would definitely consider this one, looks extrimely classy and well made, but the protection provided is probably good but not great and the flip front is not practical imo. It's really really fancy and good looking, but also expansive, and the fact that the case for the N7 has the same price as the one for the N4 is a bit of a mockery.
31st January 2013, 02:59 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just got mine today. It's the "Sable Vintage" one though, which made it a bit more expensive since it's a 'custom order' or something. I love the look of this case. It's so refined-looking and professional, and looks like it will do a lot to prevent damage to your phone with its metal frame. The vintage style is also a good choice if the case might be suffering from some abuse like mine will; any scratches the case might suffer will only add to the worn look of the case, and will only make it look more vintage, fitting the style's name perfectly.
31st January 2013, 02:11 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Nice! Would love to see a few pictures of that finish.
31st January 2013, 03:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Nice review. Worth every penny IMHO.

(I too would like to see a picture of the vintage version...)
31st January 2013, 04:37 PM |#6  
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 614

More
the case looks, nice. but i'd rather see it on the phone. thanks tho
31st January 2013, 05:21 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Will update once my phone arrives. Thanks for reading guys
31st January 2013, 06:16 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis

the case looks, nice. but i'd rather see it on the phone. thanks tho

Here are some pics from mine (albeit a different finish - traditional)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=18
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisCG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChrisCG Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 09:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Re: [Review] Noreve Illumination Leather Case (Onyx)
Any updates? How's it holding up?
21st February 2013, 10:30 PM |#10  

More
Re: [Review] Noreve Illumination Leather Case (Onyx)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjatt

Any updates? How's it holding up?

Can't speak for the OP @ynrozturk, but mine is still awesome.

3 points:

1 - most importantly it feels 100% protected. No screen protector so I get the benefit of smoothness during use. But screen is totally protected with case....

2 - case still looks, feels and functions like it did on day one.

3 - it does add thickness to the phone as a whole. That doesn't bother me, as I'll trade that for the protection. However it may some people....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 10:45 PM |#11  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,120

More
Nice to know! I have a 20-25 working (business days) days wait for mine due to the different finish I want. I got the Ebène style with a belt holster.

The 20th day is 2/28 so I'll send an email to check the status and will post updates when I get it in.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)