FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REVIEW] TETDED Premium Leather Flip Clip Case [WARNING: Picture Thread]

607 posts
Thanks Meter: 189

By Neefy, Senior Member on 8th April 2013, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Greetings Fellow Nexus 4's

So I've been on the hunt for a flip case for the Nexus 4 which flips to the left, the only ones I could find that DID flip to the left either:
  • Doesn't sit flip to the back properly
  • Doesn't stay closed

So after much searching I found this. The TETDED Premium Leather Flip Case for the Nexus 4 (Link in the bottom of this thread).

It came fairly quickly, was sent with FedEx, and it got delivered in perfect condition (well wrapped).

The linings are great, the texture feels really nice (doesn't feel cheap at all). The bottom feels like it's made of hard plastic with leather wrapped around it, the top is soft leather (you can "squeeze" it), here are some pictures: (Sorry for some of them having insane amounts of noise, my room is fairly dark and they're taken with the camera on my old O2X)

It engulfs the phone perfectly, nothing is exposed.

The camera lens and flash is clearly visible and free (not obstructed)

There's a hole for the speakers. Headphone jack visible and exposed (not obstructed), with this I don't mean it's exposed to damage.

You can plug the charger in while the case is on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, very happy with the case, it doesn't feel like it adds bulk to the phone (no issues with putting it into pocket etc.), it feels very secure (not afraid that if I drop the phone it'll shatter into a million pieces), I'd give it 9/10. Not to be a fanboy, but I've been looking for a case like this ever since I got the phone, and this gives me everything I need, it's easy to open with one hand and I can operate the phone with the case flipped all the way back with easy, it doesn't feel like I'm stressing the case, I'm not afraid the phone will spontaneously pop out of the case, the quality is great, the texture is nice and rugged. The only thing I can "point fingers at" is the fact that it's somewhat "hard" (not that hard, just a but harder), to push the volume buttons, but this should self evident as this is a flip case and that's just how they are. Feedback upon the review would also be greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

This is the case in question:
Code:
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/nexus-4/482-tetded-premium-leather-case-for-google-nexus-4-lg-e960-mako-dijon-iii-lc-black.html
A short video of me showing the case (no talking) [NOTE: the "clicking" sounds is from my camera]

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-daBu4xlvYI
Kind regards, Neefy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neefy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neefy Ad-Free

3rd August 2013, 04:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How about when you are in phone call? Does the front flip need to be open when you are in phone call? or we can do the phone call with the front flip closed? And how about the phone call sound? thx
3rd August 2013, 04:48 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
I.. Actually haven't tested it with it closed, I just by default always have it open during calls.
3rd August 2013, 05:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neefy

I.. Actually haven't tested it with it closed, I just by default always have it open during calls.

Could you please test it for me?

Big thanks before. I just love the case but I wonder if I can do the phone call when it close.
6th August 2013, 12:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
I recently have had an operation in my mouth, so I'm unable to comfortably make a phone call, once I'm all good again I'll be sure to test it out

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
1st January 2014, 08:57 PM |#6  
London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
So do you still recommend this case after some time of use???
1st January 2014, 09:46 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruehsaan

So do you still recommend this case after some time of use???

Quite so! I'm still using it and it's still perfect!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
1st January 2014, 09:54 PM |#8  
London

More
Quote:

Quite so! I'm still using it and it's still perfect!

I'm thinking of getting one for my nexus 5 but I can't decide if I should or not, do you recommend the black colour? Cos I can't decide on which colour either

This:
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/nexus-...navy-blue.html

OR

This:
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/nexus-...-lc-black.html
2nd January 2014, 07:21 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm thinking of getting one for my nexus 5 but I can't decide if I should or not, do you recommend the black colour? Cos I can't decide on which colour either

This:
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/nexus-...navy-blue.html

OR

This:
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/nexus-...-lc-black.html

That's really up to you, I'm happy with the black colour

2nd January 2014, 08:07 AM |#10  
London

More
Quote:

That's really up to you, I'm happy with the black colour

How is the clasp on the case, the thing on the flap that keeps the flap closed, does it get annoying but mainly is it too tight so it takes extra effort to open it?
2nd January 2014, 09:30 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How is the clasp on the case, the thing on the flap that keeps the flap closed, does it get annoying but mainly is it too tight so it takes extra effort to open it?

It's quite easy to get open (requires very little force) and doesn't open by itself, I've had my case on since the day I got it (the day this thread was created) and it's still fully functional
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clip, flip, left, nexus, tetded

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)