Where to buy original battery?

Search This thread

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Any pointers for a shop.in Pune or Mumbai (India) where I can get the battery replaced? I don't have enough confidence to do it myself. It's still running with original battery which came with the phone however I am noticing a slight swelling on the back of the phone. Also it drains pretty quickly.

hello, i don't know if this could help you but i just buy a new battery from this retailer ( https://www.compuxonik.com/celulare...lg-nexus-4-e960-optimusg-e970-e973-bl-t5.html )
to change from one generic to another, but it feels and behaves like a original... you can see attached photos i took of the "new onw" and the "old one".. but my guess is both are generic not original.

you can see diferences between them but most important is that the old one start to behave weird..
like it reach 100% charging and drop to 90% like in 20 seconds... also it always display 100% on android but like 80-90% in twrp
hope it can help you in your search for a new battery :good:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 218
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 215
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: nitin.chobhe

sebr

Mar 26, 2011
Unfortunately it looks like spareslg also now stopped to sell the genuine battery. Any other reliable source for a replacement battery in decent quality known?

Dv2y

Apr 3, 2012
I've tested this HSABAT battery. And it's another piece of junk. After disconnecting charger it drops immediately from 100% to 90%. And it keeps discharging quickly. AccuBattery reports estimated capacity as only 1464mAh. Cannot recommend this.

1464mAh looks like more than most other fake battery offers. Maybe it's the best one we have...?

KitsuneFoxy

Dec 14, 2014
Leicester
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire C

Wow that is.. dangerous to say the least. I wish it was possible to find a battery manufacturer who would make them with new cells. I have however seen s duracell official product version of the Nexus 4 battery. But i cant tell. I was probably the ladt person to get one off spares lg, since the rep said it was the last one x3.

As for sending batteries. Its not allowed on an aircraft due to the risk of explosion, so an actual courier service who will take it must be used.

Didn't know india had an official service centre. Woukd buy one if can confirm it is legit.

Heres is a defacto video for measuring, weight and size of nexus 4 battery https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5GHSmuNOg

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wow that is.. dangerous to say the least. I wish it was possible to find a battery manufacturer who would make them with new cells. I have however seen s duracell official product version of the Nexus 4 battery. But i cant tell. I was probably the ladt person to get one off spares lg, since the rep said it was the last one x3.

As for sending batteries. Its not allowed on an aircraft due to the risk of explosion, so an actual courier service who will take it must be used.

Didn't know india had an official service centre. Woukd buy one if can confirm it is legit.

Heres is a defacto video for measuring, weight and size of nexus 4 battery https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5GHSmuNOg

Check the LG website. It lists the various official service centers. You can check over phone whether it is in stock. I checked over here in Chennai and it is available but its age is not known.
But how do you propose to move it to UK since LG India will not ship overseas? Or for that matter, they won't ship anywhere. Can only be replaced (not even bought) physically at the service center.

nehc_rm

Feb 24, 2012
Unfortunately it looks like spareslg also now stopped to sell the genuine battery. Any other reliable source for a replacement battery in decent quality known?

I have bought few generic batteries for my Nexus 4 on ebay, one from China and one from Germany. I have calibrated both battery, empty and charging with the phone is off.

The one from China is absolutely bad. My Nexus 4 will always display the wrong value for my battery or will jump from 100% to 75% in a second. For example it will shut off when I have for example 15% charge.

The one from Germany was much better. It is rated at a higher mAh but I wasn't interested in having a bigger battery. At 1st calibration, the battery performed as expected. The phone displayed exactly what the battery holds and there were no jumping values.

I hope this help. People looking for a battery replacement, don't buy the one from China. Several sellers offer the same type of battery.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-LG...0-Optimus-G-E970-E973-F180-LS970/113717874268

Update 11/27/2019

I have decided to peel off the sticker from the battery, the Chinese one. I was very surprised and angry at the same time. Under the sticker, the battery is for a different phone with much lower mAh: 1250 mAh Part# LGIP-401N for LG Rumor Touch. No wonder I was unable to calibrate the battery. Do not buy anything that is similar to this Chinese fake battery!

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

nehc_rm

Feb 24, 2012
[...] but most important is that the old one start to behave weird..
like it reach 100% charging and drop to 90% like in 20 seconds... also it always display 100% on android but like 80-90% in twrp
hope it can help you in your search for a new battery :good:

I think you've bought a fake battery. Look at my post, https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80988679&postcount=127. When you have battery not designed for your phone, your phone will never display the proper charge value. Even after you try to calibrate the battery. Your battery looks like mine. If you peel off the sticker, you will find a battery for different phone, which has a much lower mAh too. I ended up buying a battery from a German seller. I did a battery calibration without any problem. The phone will display the proper charge from 100% to 0%. It wasn't the case with the fake battery.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/wannsee-electronic

Last edited:

akiyammio

Jul 7, 2018
I have recommended a German seller on my previous post. I have bought 2 from them and It's a pretty good. You will be able to calibrate without issue.

I'm also using that one! Much better than any other generic battery. They seems to be a honest company.

Been using AccuBattery since I put those in and these are the best numbers I have seen in years. I can't post images yet, but it's showing 91% health and 1905mAh after 67 sessions for 66460mAh of total charges until now:

i.imgur .com/L26N8Hb_d.jpg

Reactions: nehc_rm

Gibson295

Apr 25, 2019
LG Canada <lgcanada@reliableparts.com>
Thu 2020-06-11 3:45 PM
Hello,

After inquiring about your model I believe you require:

CRM30899901 $74.14
RECHARGEABLE BATTERY,LITHIUM P

https://www.lgcanadaparts.com/

Regards,

Online Parts Assistant
LG Canada Parts
85 North Bend Street
Coquitlam, BC V3K 6N1
Toll Free 1 855 341-2732

https://www.lgcanadaparts.com/product/inv_12258494?original=CRM30899901
Not cheap, special order, possibly available.

I've had mine since new in Spring 2013 running a recently flashed 7.1.2 and all i do is text/call and use the spotify app for music with my car via Aux (not bluetooth) and my battery will still last all day, probably because i don't really do anything heavy. But it does look like official batteries MIGHT still be available, i say might because they may not necessary be able to fulfill the special order. and even if so it might likely be a used or refurbished battery or a new one thats been sitting in a warehouse for years, if thats the case it might be worth the risk of a chinese scam finding a cheaper one lol.

Top Liked Posts