XtremeGuard Wet application Screen Protector

Search This thread

nks2105

Aug 1, 2010
SA,TX
The orange peel is not too bad as other have said.
The rubbery feel I got used to after 2 weeks using it.

However, like someone else mentioned, it doesn't work well with my diztronic tpu case and because it pushed back one of the corner back from the beginning, I now have a corner that peels constantly for a few millimeters. it's not the end of the world by all means but it's annoying nontheless.
So in short, the front sp is slightly too big and doesn't always cohabit nicely with a case

Reactions: adidas007

adidas007

Nov 7, 2012
The orange peel is not too bad as other have said.
The rubbery feel I got used to after 2 weeks using it.

However, like someone else mentioned, it doesn't work well with my diztronic tpu case and because it pushed back one of the corner back from the beginning, I now have a corner that peels constantly for a few millimeters. it's not the end of the world by all means but it's annoying nontheless.
So in short, the front sp is slightly too big and doesn't always cohabit nicely with a case

Why don't you try using car polish to make it less rubbery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

kite86

Aug 8, 2010
Milano Beach
Can some1 give me the achronym for BSE?

Anyway I just ordered last week my couple of XG, waiting them here in Italy. For 5 $ couldn't resist it!

I'll let you know how they work out, but it's my first time with wet application, hope everything goes well :fingers-crossed:

adidas007

Nov 7, 2012

Anyway I just ordered last week my couple of XG, waiting them here in Italy. For 5 $ couldn't resist it!

I'll let you know how they work out, but it's my first time with wet application, hope everything goes well :fingers-crossed:

Best Screen Ever. Even that's a company like XtremeGuard

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4

Best Screen Ever. Even that's a company like XtremeGuard

Best Skins Ever. They really are the best wet application skins I've used (I've tried Zagg and Skinomi too, BSE are far superior). I didn't align the sides of my current BSE properly though and they aren't sitting quite right so I plan to replace just the sides and maybe the back with the XG but keep the BSE screen protector as it feels almost like glass.

john306

Apr 1, 2005
Google Pixel 7a
I've just got me a couple of XG to try out, I initially had the BSE and got the back and sides on perfect, typically the front has 2 tiny bits of something underneath and constantly irritate me, I had a couple of the XG to try out, must say I'm very impressed with the BSE the screen is great, hopefully the XG will too once I swap over

vaibkulk

Dec 27, 2010
Mumbai
Anyone from India/asia has ordered?

Ya I have ordered two in India. They shipped it immediately. Got a mail saying for international shipping it will take between 18-29 days.I wonder when it will reach.

Ordered on 5th or 6 th march
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

mwilliams05

Jun 22, 2011
I purchased these screen protectors a couple weeks ago, received a couple bad ones but Xtremeguard quickly replaced them. I received the replacements yesterday and installed the front screen protector last night. It went on very well and there aren't any bubbles or orange peel effect. This time I did install the screen protectors using a method I saw at the Ghost Armor kiosk at the local mall (spray soapy mixture on screen, both sides of screen protector and apply to screen and use squeegee) and it seemed to work much better. Also used a hair blow dryer to help dry it quicker. The only issue is that the screen protector starts to bubble very slightly around the edges in certain areas when I put my poetic bumper on. I can usually squeegee out the bubbles but over time they come back. If I use my other cases the (TPU-S, Two piece rubberized case, and another case similar to the TPU S) it doesn't bubble at all and actually looks really good, so I think the screen protector is just a tad bit too big for the front screen. Overall, for the price, I've been satisfied with the quality of the product.

AlleN7

Sep 12, 2012
I purchased these screen protectors a couple weeks ago, received a couple bad ones but Xtremeguard quickly replaced them. I received the replacements yesterday and installed the front screen protector last night. It went on very well and there aren't any bubbles or orange peel effect. This time I did install the screen protectors using a method I saw at the Ghost Armor kiosk at the local mall (spray soapy mixture on screen, both sides of screen protector and apply to screen and use squeegee) and it seemed to work much better. Also used a hair blow dryer to help dry it quicker. The only issue is that the screen protector starts to bubble very slightly around the edges in certain areas when I put my poetic bumper on. I can usually squeegee out the bubbles but over time they come back. If I use my other cases the (TPU-S, Two piece rubberized case, and another case similar to the TPU S) it doesn't bubble at all and actually looks really good, so I think the screen protector is just a tad bit too big for the front screen. Overall, for the price, I've been satisfied with the quality of the product.

Indeed! I just made a video on this because I got my Diztronic case and it destroyed my hard work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WzdFOfzdM

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Indeed! I just made a video on this because I got my Diztronic case and it destroyed my hard work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WzdFOfzdM

I have to disagree. I have the XG and the Diztronic TPU and all the TPU's I have tried works fine. Not too sure why some are having issues but here's mine. I now have the Ringke Hybrid Fusion case and use that for my daily, but I wanted to let people know that not everyone is having SP issues and put on my old(er) Diztronic TPU case. Here are some quick shots of all four corners of the tpu where on yours peel up and mine does not.

Attachments

• DSC02469.jpg
    DSC02469.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC02470.jpg
    DSC02470.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 426
  • DSC02471.jpg
    DSC02471.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC02472.jpg
    DSC02472.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC02473.jpg
    DSC02473.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

mwilliams05

Jun 22, 2011
I have to disagree. I have the XG and the Diztronic TPU and all the TPU's I have tried works fine. Not too sure why some are having issues but here's mine. I now have the Ringke Hybrid Fusion case and use that for my daily, but I wanted to let people know that not everyone is having SP issues and put on my old(er) Diztronic TPU case. Here are some quick shots of all four corners of the tpu where on yours peel up and mine does not.

Yeah my TPU cases fit as well, it's just the poetic bumper that causes mine to lift around the edges. Tried it twice and it didn't work and the screen protector had dried for almost 24 hours with some heat from hair dryer to expedite the process.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

XtremeGuard is offering a 75% off on screen protectors! Just use the coupon code 75off. A protector for the front and back costs 2.5$ including free shipping. Not a bad deal right? :)

Anyone has used XtremeGuard before? It will be my first time with a wet application screen guard!

Btw they have free international shipping, that's what got me going to purchase it! Woot.

Comments on the xtremeguard protector and whether is peels with cases on, like the ringke, the tpu case, official and poetic bumper!

Update 1: TPU case doesn't make the screen protector peel.

Update 2: If there is a rubbery feel, Use some kind of polish

Update 3: Received the package in India in Just 8 Days.!

Update 4: 75off is soon going to become invalid. The new coupon is 60off

Update 5: New coupon code 83off3. 83% off on purchase of 3+ product.
    Three screen protectors will cost 2.55$ after 83% off

Update 6: no more free international shipping.

Update 7: new coupon 80off

Update 8 : new coupon 82off2

Update 9 : New coupon Labor85

Update 10 : Shipping to India costs now 9.9$

Update 11 : New coupon code : spook80

Update 12 : New coupon code : 85off2

Update 13 : New coupon code : 90off2

Update 14 : Shipping now costs 5.55$ to India. Quality has improved 10X

i had rather inconvenient experience (not to say it was bad, though) with xtremeguard, however $2.5 for front/back sp is not to be missed. 2 sets ordered in case bse sp that i'm using right now spoilt. thanks for the info!

Inconvenience as in?

Yes!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app